Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

maximoose wrote: »
    There is the problem. His xbox needs to be set as your home, and yours set as his.

Sign into his console as your gamertag - set as home.
    Sign into your console as his gamertag - set as home.

Can only do this once every 3 months. You'd need to contact xbox support to remove eh current account set as home console flag. I've done it several times, its very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The Star Wars beta is opening here at 5pm Irish time. Get into it early using this link to the Australian store. Open the link, change your region to Australia and download as per usual. Note: you'll have to be able to speak fluent Australian.
    Ah crikey mate, nice of ya to post that.
    Might get on this arvo for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Can only do this once every 3 months. You'd need to contact xbox support to remove eh current account set as home console flag. I've done it several times, its very easy.

You can change home Xbox up to 3 times per year. You don't have to wait 3 months in between. To change your Xbox account region you have to wait 3 months alright.

It can be done as frequently as required on Xbox One.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You can change home Xbox up to 3 times per year. You don't have to wait 3 months in between. To change your Xbox account region you have to wait 3 months alright.

Oh, maybe i am wrong so - in either case xbox support will let you bypass the home console restrictions without any hassle.

• Advertisement

It can be done as frequently as required on Xbox One.

I don't mean location through via settings I mean actual account migration via Xbox.com

Oh, maybe i am wrong so - in either case xbox support will let you bypass the home console restrictions without any hassle.

Yeah xbox support are sound enough in fairness :)

I might be missing some of the conversion with the way boards isn't displaying posts 1 minute and then they are visible again.

It's a gamer that incorrectly set home console for both profiles on the same Xbox.

Easy fix, has mentioned a few posts back. If it's visible lol.

Like Misky said if the profile has been set on 3 different Xbox's then you have to contact support.

I've set home console about 6 times on 2 consoles due to resets, password changes, profile removal etc. no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

New Xbox arrived today.
    Looking forward to firing her up.

Only thing, no headset with it. Strange one. Not that I use it anyway, but would have been handy.

nicklauski wrote: »
    New Xbox arrived today.

Only thing, no headset with it. Strange one. Not that I use it anyway, but would have been handy.

i am unaware of any skus that do not include one - does it say on the box there is no headset?

• Advertisement

Are xbox one games and contollers region free??

Looking for Rock band 4 and an adapter that comes with it but its only in stock in the states.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Looking for Rock band 4 and an adapter that comes with it but its only in stock in the states.

Thanks

AFAIK the games are indeed region free. I've never heard of controllers being region restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

AFAIK the games are indeed region free. I've never heard of controllers being region restricted.

Nah, the american ones are left hand drive

Grab a free 1 week pass to all the Sky Sports channels to watch via the Now TV app on XB1

http://www.nowtv.com/promo/xboxoneoffer

Voucher has a 365 day expiration.

Thanks

100% region free. Only special consoles are Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

New Xbox arrived today.

Have a spare headset that came with my X1 . Have no use for it, since I upgraded. PM me your address if you want it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Grab a free 1 week pass to all the Sky Sports channels to watch via the Now TV app on XB1

http://www.nowtv.com/promo/xboxoneoffer

Voucher has a 365 day expiration.
    Is now TV
    availableI in Ireland?
    Didn't think it was yet, just yes or no. Don't want to anger the God mods with stuff 😇

deco nate wrote: »
    Is now TV
    availableI in Ireland?
    Didn't think it was yet, just yes or no. Don't want to anger the God mods with stuff 😇

I don't think it is, might have to switch to UK but it should work then once you switch back to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I don't think it is, might have to switch to UK but it should work then once you switch back to Ireland.
    I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it's geo locked. Unless you change your ip on your router? Sorry mods, just talking. Nothing else.

deco nate wrote: »
    I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it's geo locked. Unless you change your ip on your router? Sorry mods, just talking. Nothing else.

Haven't tried it on XB1 either but I have a Now TV box and it works fine in Ireland without changing ip/dns or anything so I assume it should work on xb1 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

trixiebust wrote: »
    Have a spare headset that came with my X1 . Have no use for it, since I upgraded. PM me your address if you want it...

Yeah, nothing on the box about a headset either.

Trixie, thanks very much, will the headset work with the newer controller with the 3.5mm jack though.

xbox-one-new-controller.jpg?itok=C4inT_Cj

Trixie, thanks very much, will the headset work with the newer controller with the 3.5mm jack though.

Yup, all headsets still work on new controller. Nothing changes apart from adding the 3.5mm built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

xbox-one-new-controller.jpg?itok=C4inT_Cj

Any 3.5mm headset works with the new headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Any 3.5mm headset works with the new headset.

Does this new controller make the headset adapter redundant??

Didnt think there was a sku without a headset, thats very weird
    ext26705.png

^^ do you have any symbol like that on the side of teh box?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

essentally, yeah I suppose, but there will always be people who have premium headsets from last gen who want to keep using them.

Not quite. I still use mine because the controls on it are very handy. Game volume, chat volume. I can still use the controller without needing the adapter but then I have to use the volume controls in the OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

What does the 3.5mm headphone jack do on the new controller. Just got an xbox one last week but never plugged into the jack yet. No headphone came with my console either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

What does the 3.5mm headphone jack do on the new controller. Just got an xbox one last week but never plugged into the jack yet. No headphone came with my console either

if you use normal headphones, then it's great to just hear your game and stuff.

If you use the headphones with a built in mic (but only certain ones, samsung's works) Then you can not only hear the game, and people talking, but also use that mic as well.

Very handy, but the should have added it as standard like Sony did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

Cool thanks a million ☺

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement