Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

miju wrote: »
    i wont be replaying single player but by god will i be trolling the **** out of multiplayer again cant wait :)

yeah, I cant wait to get back into it again, It was broken for most of the time I was trying to play it and then the new consoles hit and I kind of never went back. I did manage to buy an apartment in one of the fancier buildings though, great to see that your saved character will carry over.

Can anyone recommend a good headset for the one?

I have two young nephews moving in so won't be able to have the tv up loud in the evenings.

Dosent matter if it has a mic or not or the mic is crap. Just interested in the sound of the game coming through the headset.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I have two young nephews moving in so won't be able to have the tv up loud in the evenings.

Dosent matter if it has a mic or not or the mic is crap. Just interested in the sound of the game coming through the headset.

Thanks

If you don't need a Mic, any set of headphones will do and just plug them into the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Thanks

What is your budget for a mic?
    What are you willing to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thanks

I have a set of turtle beach xo-fours I find them great but expensive given the lack of use the mic has had so far, but they did come with the adaptor for the controller which allows you to use any headset with the standard 3.5mm jack and has volume controls on the adaptor no need to run a cable to the TV or console. this can be got for around 20-25 euro and then what ever head phones you already have. I know what a pain it is connecting head phones to my TV as it's on the back and has to be disconnected again to get TV sound.

Edit: You do get both game and voice audio through the adaptor for the controller and no need for extra cables like i mentioned.

This is it here http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=xbox+one+adaptor&authToken=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

miju wrote: »
    i think ill happily stay with my US account and cheaper content :)

Is everyone using this loop hole happy with taking this risk? Its less then a year since Microsoft banned accounts for exploiting a loop hole in their system to gain deals from other regions.

Making a 500 euro console worthless by trying to save a couple of euro, is a big risk to take with a company like Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The bannings were for exploiting a loop hole to get free games, not taking advantage of regional pricing where you are still purchasing the game IIRC.

(I've bought 4 so far through US system, happy enough to continue doing it!)

maximoose wrote: »
    The bannings were for exploiting a loop hole to get free games, not taking advantage of regional pricing where you are still purchasing the game IIRC.

Same, I am even considering a US citizenship :)

No one has been console banned on Xbox One for buying games from the US store and the instructions to buy from the US region are on all the major gaming forums even where MS have official profiles setup.

Its not to say one day that they will change this but things have changed since the XB 360. Back then all discs where region locked and people where switching their gamertag regions to places like Mongolia to get free games.

These games weren't free in their own region and they were also buying games at crazy low prices.

maximoose wrote: »

Exploit/Take advantage, seems like the same meaning really?

I take it then it's a mistake by Microsoft part that there is different charges in different regions and there's nothing really to worry about using an American account while base in Europe.

I admire your cojones!

• Advertisement

NORTH1 wrote: »
    Exploit/Take advantage, seems like the same meaning really?

I take it then it's a mistake by Microsoft part that there is different charges in different regions and there's nothing really to worry about using an American account while base in Europe.

I admire your cojones!

Responding to gamers on NeoGAF, Microsoft’s Albert Penello clarified a few points about Xbox One importing. He stressed that all Xbox One games are ‘world-wide signed’ (region-free), and that he console will work anywhere, but cautioned gamers to bear in mind power supplies in different territories.

He added of payment details by country, “You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family.

“Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards … You will still find that music and video content can be geo-restricted based on licensing. (e.g. Netflix works only in supported countries)”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/16/xbox-one-games-are-not-region-locked-microsoft-clarifies-import-stance/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I see it's been announced that Destiny will run at 1080p and 30fps, and now Battlefield: Hardline will be 1080p @ 60fps on Xbox One.

The good news keeps on coming.

• funkyflea wrote: »
    I see it's been announced that Destiny will run at 1080p and 30fps, and now Battlefield: Hardline will be 1080p @ 60fps on Xbox One.

Really?? Great news. Any source for that BTW?

Responding to gamers on NeoGAF, Microsoft’s Albert Penello clarified a few points about Xbox One importing. He stressed that all Xbox One games are ‘world-wide signed’ (region-free), and that he console will work anywhere, but cautioned gamers to bear in mind power supplies in different territories.

He added of payment details by country, “You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family.

“Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards … You will still find that music and video content can be geo-restricted based on licensing. (e.g. Netflix works only in supported countries)”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/16/xbox-one-games-are-not-region-locked-microsoft-clarifies-import-stance/

But if a company allows exploits of one type, like allowing its users breach region restrictions, when the user starts other exploits its going to find it hard to en-force its rules as a precedent has been set.

Microsoft not clarifying this and introducing one pricing across regions would worry me. If you can afford to buy a new console? why risk saving a couple euro using this exploit?

If you cant afford to replace the console? I believe Microsoft is not the company to try and saving a couple of euro using this loop hole. They will see they have to take the moral high ground on this, when the European markets complain about revenue drops, with the appropriate sanctions.

Your memories cant be that short on Microsoft's dealings with people that try to abuse their systems?

funkyflea wrote: »

Battlefield running would be a plus to start with.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Really?? Great news. Any source for that BTW?

It's awesome news. Gamingbolt interviewed Visceral Games' Ian Milham:
    “...it should be the same [as PS4].” … If you look at the games that Visceral Games has made before, we have always strive for total parity between our platforms,” Ian explained. “Of course, the PC version, it will do whatever your PC can handle, and the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions will obviously not be as high res as compared to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions. But those two [PS4 and Xbox One] should be locked in together.”

Destiny quote link [CVG]
    @geoffkeighley
    Follow
    After @xboxp3 interview I've been asking devs about impact of new Xbox sdk on perf. Bungie says it will get Destiny to 1080p/30fps on XB1.

This means parity with PS4 on those two titles at least.

But if a company allows exploits of one type, like allowing its users breach region restrictions, when the user starts other exploits its going to find it hard to en-force its rules as a precedent has been set.

The region restrictions have been removed.

Regarding digital purchases Microsoft's Albert Penello stated "You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries"
    Microsoft not clarifying this and introducing one pricing across regions would worry me. If you can afford to buy a new console? why risk saving a couple euro using this exploit?
    The game prices are actually very similar pre-tax. Its the sales taxes and VAT that make up the different prices in each regions.

The risk is very, very small. They wont just mass ban thousands of gamers. especially not when it was recommended by Microsoft initially. If MS decide to change this they will issue notices and warnings and we can simply buy our games abroad for the same price as the digital downloads since Xbox One games are region free.
    If you cant afford to replace the console? I believe Microsoft is not the company to try and saving a couple of euro using this loop hole. They will see they have to take the moral high ground on this, when the European markets complain about revenue drops, with the appropriate sanctions.

If they do make a change which they might in the future they will issue a press release.
    Your memories cant be that short on Microsoft's dealings with people that try to abuse their systems?

That was last gen. The 360/PS3 era of region locking and bricks and mortar shops having a monopoly on game distribution is over.

The game prices are actually very similar pre-tax. Its the sales taxes and VAT that make up the different prices in each regions.

This would make Microsoft complicit in tax fraud then if the lad from Microsoft was quoted correctly. I'm sure we all have had items held up by an post while the proper taxes are paid on them.

Not really reassuring.

Just to reaffirm my point that I don't think this is a smart move

TitanFall update

New modes and features also Titan customisation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

anyone tell me what was the unannounced xbox game for 7.20gmt today? for 11.20pt which twitch are going by
    I missed it
    edit: Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

got it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

•EA Sports UFC - June 17, 2014
    •Madden 2015 - August 26, 2014
    •Destiny - September 9, 2014
    •NHL 15 - September 9, 2014
    •FIFA 15 - September 23, 2014
    •Forza Horizon 2 - September 30, 2014
    •Battlefield Hardline - October 21, 2014
    •Assassins Creed: Unity - October 28, 2014
    •Sunset Overdrive - October 28, 2014
    •Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - November 4, 2014
    •Halo: The Master Chief Collection - November 11, 2014
    •The Crew - November 11, 2014
    •Far Cry 4 - November 18, 2014

****. Gonna have to start saving.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I see it's been announced that Destiny will run at 1080p and 30fps

Good news!
    and now Battlefield: Hardline will be 1080p @ 60fps on Xbox One.

Don't make promises you can't keep :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    •EA Sports UFC - June 17, 2014
    •Madden 2015 - August 26, 2014
    •Destiny - September 9, 2014
    •NHL 15 - September 9, 2014
    •FIFA 15 - September 23, 2014
    •Forza Horizon 2 - September 30, 2014
    •Battlefield Hardline - October 21, 2014
    •Assassins Creed: Unity - October 28, 2014
    •Sunset Overdrive - October 28, 2014
    •Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - November 4, 2014
    •Halo: The Master Chief Collection - November 11, 2014
    •The Crew - November 11, 2014
    •Far Cry 4 - November 18, 2014

****. Gonna have to start saving.

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - October 7th ;) that month is going to kill me for savings for xmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

Currently I am using American region purchases and the my home xbox exploit to get brand new games for the 20-25 region. Now if that continues I'd be surprised.

recyclops wrote: »
    Currently I am using American region purchases and the my home xbox exploit to get brand new games for the 20-25 region. Now if that continues I'd be surprised.

Without a doubt they can't let it continue.

But this is fueling the contempt for the rules, we have a whole new bunch of people coming through like with the last console, that now feel Microsoft has given them leeway to see if there is possible to find ways to exploit the system.

recyclops wrote: »

But this is fueling the contempt for the rules, we have a whole new bunch of people coming through like with the last console, that now feel Microsoft has given them leeway to see if there are possible ways to exploit the system.

And the circle continues but this time Microsoft has started it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I see the point you are making, but if you notice the quote from Failsafe earlier (it's taken from a post by Albert Panello - Director in the Xbox Product Group at Microsoft - made on NeoGAF)

If Microsoft say it's OK, until they say stop it is a fair method.

Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards … You will still find that music and video content can be geo-restricted based on licensing. (e.g. Netflix works only in supported countries)”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/16/xbox...import-stance/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Can't the same thing be done using Sony US accounts? People evade geo restrictions all the time from Netflix, to PSN, to XBL, to cheap PC cd key sites etc...it doesn't seem that big of a deal?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

But this is fueling the contempt for the rules, we have a whole new bunch of people coming through like with the last console, that now feel Microsoft has given them leeway to see if there are possible ways to exploit the system.

And the circle continues but this time Microsoft has started it.

What system is being exploited? The store MS has put in place is being used as it has been designed to be used so you're surely not referring to that system.
    Is it the traditional, localised, physical copy distribution system that you feel is being "exploited" in some way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

At the end of the day, MS get the money so it's no big deal to them. I think they are happy to let it happen, as it is encouraging digital purchases from their store, which is what they want. Now if/when digital purchases are the main or only method of purchasing games, then they might start clamping down on it.

As mentioned above, people have been doing this for all sorts of services for years without any issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement