Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

What's the story with nobody using mics on xbox live these days? Could I possibly have a setting that needs changing? Because I can't remember the last time i've heard someone speak...in real life too 😯

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

simarconi wrote: »
    What's the story with nobody using mics on xbox live these days? Could I possibly have a setting that needs changing? Because I can't remember the last time i've heard someone speak...in real life too 😯

Party chat kind of killed that off.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Tinie wrote: »
    Party chat kind of killed that off.

You're probably right actually, i'd never thought of that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Keep getting Cannot connect to dhcp server, anyone else had this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Keep getting Cannot connect to dhcp server, anyone else had this issue?

Reboot your router first, if that doesn't help reboot the console - physically unplug it.

• Advertisement

Reboot your router first, if that doesn't help reboot the console - physically unplug it.

Tried that, running on wireless instead of cabled connection instead.

Read online maybe a static IP will help will give it a go later

Make sure the console is set to automatically obtain an IP address, shouldn't have to go setting a static one.

Wireless mifi hub or something? Restart that so.

Static won't make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Xbox ONE Wireless Adapter for PC will release October 20th RRP $24.99

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/windows-10-wireless-adapter/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey lads, quick question....

So I got two controllers when I got my Xbox. The left stick broke on one (its like its permanently jammed forward when using it) and the charger stopped working on the second. We got a third 6 weeks ago....and now the LB is busted and is, again, acting as if its jammed in when its not.

We're really not rough on them, but we can't afford to keep buying new ones. So was wondering...is there any chance Microsoft will replace them? How would I even go about asking about it? Its really frustrating :(

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey lads, quick question....

So I got two controllers when I got my Xbox. The left stick broke on one (its like its permanently jammed forward when using it) and the charger stopped working on the second. We got a third 6 weeks ago....and now the LB is busted and is, again, acting as if its jammed in when its not.

We're really not rough on them, but we can't afford to keep buying new ones. So was wondering...is there any chance Microsoft will replace them? How would I even go about asking about it? Its really frustrating :(

Left thumb drift is a common issue, you should send them back to the retailer and demand a replacement.

Wireless mifi hub or something? Restart that so.

Static won't make any difference.

Horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    How can you embed xboxclips.com on boards tho?

I tryed to put up clips from xboxclips here and on a sports fourm I play xbox leagues in and failed on both sites,

tripperman wrote: »
    I tryed to put up clips from xboxclips here and on a sports fourm I play xbox leagues in and failed on both sites,

Yeah I don't see how you can embed them on boards either so I just recommend the youtube method.

Yeah I don't see how you can embed them on boards either so I just recommend the youtube method.

Yeah I'm sticking to it also or the one drive method, but YouTube seems ne on the blink today I put up a video and its just a blank black video, but on my YouTube account its perfect,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Anyone know if Halo 5 was purchased from a non English speaking EU country would also be in English if the console language is set to that?

cnocbui wrote: »
    Anyone know if Halo 5 was purchased from a non English speaking EU country would also be in English if the console language is set to that?

I've purchased digital games from non english speaking countries and they've all been ok. Not sure about disc version.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know if tesco sell 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters? My headset adapter one shat itself last night.

Mickeroo wrote:
    Anyone know if tesco sell 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters? My headset adapter one shat itself last night.

Them ****ing things are like hens teeth. If you find one let me know. The best option I think was turtle beach chat back cable if you want it for a headset 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable strsight without need for adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Them ****ing things are like hens teeth. If you find one let me know. The best option I think was turtle beach chat back cable if you want it for a headset 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable strsight without need for adapter.

maplin would be the best bet for the adapter.
    http://www.maplin.ie/search?text=3.5mm+Stereo+Plug+to+2.5mm+Stereo+Socket+Adapter

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm in carrick on shannon so my options are pretty limited, hence wondering if tesco might have them. My housemates tend to go to bed a bit before me so I don't like having the TV blaring in my room.

Is there any way I can get the kinect mic to work while using the headphones for audio?

Mickeroo wrote: »

I might have a few lying around I'll have a look in a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm in carrick on shannon so my options are pretty limited, hence wondering if tesco might have them. My housemates tend to go to bed a bit before me so I don't like having the TV blaring in my room.

Is there any way I can get the kinect mic to work while using the headphones for audio?

plug headphones into your tv (if its an option), then disconnect your headset, then go to kinect options and tick the "use kinect microphone for game chat box"

you'll sound like you're in a tin can but its better than nothing I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Here's on on Adverts

http://www.adverts.ie/9058042

Edit: Hang on is that the right way around for the connector ?

emmetkenny wrote:
    Edit: Hang on is that the right way around for the connector ?

Nah other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Try Aliexpress or DealExtreme, great sites to pick up these little things for dirt cheap. Delivery can be slow, expect 2-3 weeks.

I've bought USB cables, USB power adapters, HDMI leads etc. off those.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

There's always eBay, had to get a few 3.5mm adapters recently, took about 10days to get to me.

There's always eBay, had to get a few 3.5mm adapters recently, took about 10days to get to me.

Something like this. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Metal-3-5mm-Male-Jack-to-2-5mm-Female-Stereo-Headphone-Audio-Adapter-Gold-Plated-/171306179030?hash=item27e2a4d9d6

Do you think I could find that when I needed it, nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

My Xbox One has never been able to turn on my Cisco UPC box(well, Virgin now). It turns it off fine but not on. I've had a couple of boxes but no joy. I've asked in the preview forums and was given a couple of codes to try a good while ago but none worked. There are no on or off power options for it in settings, just 'toggle' or 'nothing'. Has anyone else had this problem and did you get it fixed? Cheers.

• Advertisement

Got valiant hearts on gold last night, for some reason I went into the Xbox store and I'm sure A.C. syndicate is up same bundle for 69 and 89 Euro can that be correct, both said same extra pre order dickens conspiracy theory add ons on both, am I missing something on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement