Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tripperman wrote: »
    Got valiant hearts on gold last night, for some reason I went into the Xbox store and I'm sure A.C. syndicate is up same bundle for 69 and 89 Euro can that be correct, both said same extra pre order dickens conspiracy theory add ons on both, am I missing something on?

Maybe one has a season pass and the other doesn't? Pre-order bonuses probably apply to both versions. Just guessing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Maybe one has a season pass and the other doesn't? Pre-order bonuses probably apply to both versions. Just guessing though.

They do, just thought it was strange the price difference between them, didn't see a mention of season pass, but I'll look again today

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Im staying away from Assassins Creed until I see some reviews come in (considering I preordered the last 3!) I was just so fed up with the last one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They do, just thought it was strange the price difference between them, didn't see a mention of season pass, but I'll look again today

Season pass is included in the more expensive one.

This bundle includes:

Assassin's Creed® Syndicate - The Darwin And Dickens Conspiracy
    Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Season Pass
    Assassin's Creed® Syndicate
    Assassin's Creed® Syndicate - A Long Night
    Assassin's Creed® Syndicate - Huntsman's Outfit

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Im staying away from Assassins Creed until I see some reviews come in (considering I preordered the last 3!) I was just so fed up with the last one

I preorded all bar one from the second one to unity, the one I missed was black flag, I said earlier I wouldn't get this till I seen how it went, game footage looks good so in two minds now as have only Madden and valiant to left to play,

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Season pass is included in the more expensive one.

This bundle includes:

Assassin's Creed® Syndicate - The Darwin And Dickens Conspiracy
    Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Season Pass
    Assassin's Creed® Syndicate
    Assassin's Creed® Syndicate - A Long Night
    Assassin's Creed® Syndicate - Huntsman's Outfit

Thanks i didn't see them listed last night, if I do buy it I'll not get that never bought season pass before

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thanks i didn't see them listed last night, if I do buy it I'll not get that never bought season pass before

Yeah, never bought one either, and have never felt like I missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

On the 14th of October my controller stopped working, I contacted Microsoft through their website to arrange for a replacement, got the paperwork, boxed it all up and arranged for UPS to collect it.
    I got a txt to confirm it and I noticed the last txt from them for when the headset stopped working. 14th of May this year!
    I am expecting something to go wrong on the 14th of April :s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

On the 14th of October my controller stopped working, I contacted Microsoft through their website to arrange for a replacement, got the paperwork, boxed it all up and arranged for UPS to collect it.
    I got a txt to confirm it and I noticed the last txt from them for when the headset stopped working. 14th of May this year!
    I am expecting something to go wrong on the 14th of April :s

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, never bought one either, and have never felt like I missed out.

I think it the help it offers on certain missions that you complete kinds spoil the thrill of doing it and succeeding, noting beats doing a tough mission and finishing doing it your own way without a cheat/ or pass even if it takes 5/6 goes,

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

When it comes to chargers I think its difficult to beat the official charge kit from Microsoft.

Great long charge with a very long usb cable also.

When it comes to chargers I think its difficult to beat the official charge kit from Microsoft.

Great long charge with a very long usb cable also.

Do you mean this one?? www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1383616/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/3|19780877|Xbox+One|37328270/c_3/4|cat_37328270|Xbox+One+accessories|37328792.htm

Yes, thats the one.

I'll get one of them so, thanks very much

Just got a play and charge kit and seen a covert forces controller for 45 it was on offer so get a back up aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just got a play and charge kit and seen a covert forces controller for 45 it was on offer so get a back up aswell

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Yeah that's the one, sorry should have said in argos,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Are there any decent online retailers selling download codes? I know cdkeys, but they don't have a great selection. Microsoft store games are €10 over priced, €69.99 for games you can get on DVD for €60. (surely downloads should be cheaper than DVD?!).

On a related note, is it possible to buy download keys from US or UK sites and use them on Irish Xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

wrt40 wrote: »
    Are there any decent online retailers selling download codes? I know cdkeys, but they don't have a great selection. Microsoft store games are €10 over priced, €69.99 for games you can get on DVD for €60. (surely downloads should be cheaper than DVD?!).

On a related note, is it possible to buy download keys from US or UK sites and use them on Irish Xbox?

It's possible to buy from literally any other countries xbox store. We can't discuss how but google it. There a site that gives price comparisons across the different countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

sweetie wrote: »
    It's possible to buy from literally any other countries xbox store. We can't discuss how but google it. There a site that gives price comparisons across the different countries.

Thanks, I'm sure I heard this trick was closed off so never bothered looking into it. I'll get googling...

Bethesda announced a nice looking Fallout 4 XB1 controller.

Interestingly enough, there's not slot at all for the older headsets, just a 3.5mm jack:

2952718-etc-controller-fo-vaultboy-angle.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-xbox-one-controller-more-coming-during-f/1100-6431527/

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Bethesda announced a nice looking Fallout 4 XB1 controller.

Interestingly enough, there's not slot at all for the older headsets, just a 3.5mm jack:

2952718-etc-controller-fo-vaultboy-angle.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-xbox-one-controller-more-coming-during-f/1100-6431527/

That's a cool controller. What are the little joypad and what looks like a cloud symbol on the d-pad about?

That's a cool controller. What are the little joypad and what looks like a cloud symbol on the d-pad about?

I'm not sure, there's a little button to the right of the right analogue too with a little led :S

It's not up for sale until tomorrow so maybe find out more then. I'm considering getting it depending on price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'd guess the D-pad has a secondary function activated by the button beside the right analog stick.

Up & Down on the D-pad could be volume control.
    Left - Game volume
    Right - Chat volume.

I'd guess the D-pad has a secondary function activated by the button beside the right analog stick.

Up & Down on the D-pad could be volume control.
    Left - Game volume
    Right - Chat volume.

I reckon you're spot on, what I was calling a cloud looks like the outline of a head on shoulders on second look.

It's a wired controller. It can stay there so, such a shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I reckon you're spot on, what I was calling a cloud looks like the outline of a head on shoulders on second look.

That's the party chat icon. Must be to adjust party volume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's the party chat icon. Must be to adjust party volume.

Yar, they are the same buttons as is on the original adapter: party, game and +-.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement