Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's a wired controller. It can stay there so, such a shame!
    Wow, I am really surprised they did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Wow, I am really surprised they did that.

It's not OEM. It's purely bethesda so its like a cheap non-OEM controller from argos. Wonder will it be any good apart from being wired but that put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

It's a wired controller. It can stay there so, such a shame!

That is a a shame alright. I recently bought the Covert Forces controller from Argos. It was down to 44 for the controller.

Just checked again and they have it back on offer.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4159775/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+CONTROLLER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just got a Kinect, am i right the Voice Commands dont work in Ireland?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Just got a Kinect, am i right the Voice Commands dont work in Ireland?

They do work. In Settings>System>Language & location

once English - Ireland is selected make sure the 3rd box "Spoken Language" is set to English also, then restart.

Also, make sure you calibrate your kinect so it will hear you better.

• Advertisement

They do work. In Settings>System>Language & location

once English - Ireland is selected make sure the 3rd box "Spoken Language" is set to English also, then restart.

Also, make sure you calibrate your kinect so it will hear you better.

Cheers, not up to date on xbox live, its pretty cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Cheers, not up to date on xbox live, its pretty cool!

You can also control sky with voice, if you have it, by plugging the sky box into the back of the xbox and running the TV set up.

You can also control sky with voice, if you have it, by plugging the sky box into the back of the xbox and running the TV set up.

Unfortunately (or not) only have Saorview up in the Man Cave! Still loving th ability to control the TV with it as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So there's been a £50 price cut on the PS4 in the UK, which will probably mean that sales of that will spike again. I wonder if Microsoft will cut the price of the Xbox One to "keep pace", such as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    So there's been a £50 price cut on the PS4 in the UK, which will probably mean that sales of that will spike again. I wonder if Microsoft will cut the price of the Xbox One to "keep pace", such as it is.

I'd be amazed, I reckon the bundles will be the angle they'll push harder, but I can't see that being a swing vote for many come buying time.

They've surely agreed at an internal level that they'll never make back the ground they lost in the initial 2 years. I wonder will this console cycle be a shorter one than before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I'd be amazed, I reckon the bundles will be the angle they'll push harder, but I can't see that being a swing vote for many come buying time.

They've surely agreed at an internal level that they'll never make back the ground they lost in the initial 2 years. I wonder will this console cycle be a shorter one than before?

Yar probably bundles - direct console price cuts comes out of some teams budget for the year in redmond whereas bundles don't cost them anywhere near as much. Often the game bundled is next to free/nominal for MS as the publisher can cash in on dlc sales later and follow through from the purchasers mates.

Microsoft are adding/added Halo 5 gamerpics to celebrate it's release:

http://majornelson.com/2015/10/20/halo-5-guardians-images-being-added-to-xbox-one-gamerpic-gallery/

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

On the subject of bundles, do any of you have any recommendations? I'd pretty much written the Xbox One off after launch and got a PS4 but the PS4 is gathering dust at the min and I quite fancy playing Halo (not to mention Halo Wars 2, Scalebound and Cuphead).

I'm pretty sure I'll be picking a One up in the next couple of weeks but wondering what's the best bundle deal? What's the story with the Elite? Is it worth the extra price? I'm not anywhere near pro gamer so I'm not sure I need that fancy pad. Does anyone know if the "Holiday Bundle" (1tb, Gears of War, Rare, Ori) is being released in Ireland?

I'm pretty sure I'll be picking a One up in the next couple of weeks but wondering what's the best bundle deal? What's the story with the Elite? Is it worth the extra price? I'm not anywhere near pro gamer so I'm not sure I need that fancy pad. Does anyone know if the "Holiday Bundle" (1tb, Gears of War, Rare, Ori) is being released in Ireland?

I wouldn't be paying extra cash if you're not absolutely set on an elite controller.

Generally Argos does the cheapest bundles, nothing amazing at the moment but they pop up frequently.

Good one there at the moment is 500gb XB1 & Gears of War Ultimate (code) for €360
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3439946/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CXbox+One%7C37328270/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328270%7CXbox+One+consoles%7C37328802.htm

If you like the Fallout games Gamestop will have the Fallout 4 bundle on November 10th: 1TB XB1 with Fallout 4 & Fallout 3 for €399: https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/54890/fallout-4-xbox-one-1tb-bundle-fallout-3-included

Smyths Toys also have the fallout 1 above as well as 1TB Tomb Raider bundle for €399 also: http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-752/xbox-one-consoles/p-15575/xbox-one-1tb-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-console-bundle/

Would agree, I use Argos and Smyths for everything. I mix and match. Argos have some great offers on games sometimes aswell. You just need to keep an eye on the argos website and check it every day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hey lads, maybe you can help me.

I'm torn between the One or PS4. I'm looking to play with friends, but specifically in co-operative RPG-esque games. Are there many available, or even exclusive to the One?

How does XBL behave? I found that is was very straight forward on the 360 but was next to useless without a Gold membership active.

Xbox One, things that swung it for me are

Backwards Compatability
    EA Access (Dragon Age Origins if RPG is your thing)
    The Set as Home "Workaround" that we may not speak about

Both PS4 and XB1 require a "Gold" membership to play online now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

MagicIRL wrote: »

I'm torn between the One or PS4. I'm looking to play with friends, but specifically in co-operative RPG-esque games. Are there many available, or even exclusive to the One?

How does XBL behave? I found that is was very straight forward on the 360 but was next to useless without a Gold membership active.

Both consoles are good in there own ways. If your a fan of JRPG you will love the Ps4 as you won't be getting any of them kind of games on the xbox one as it does not sell in japan

If you like the online RPG you have elder scrolls on both games consoles from what I read about that game it is fairly meh and is free to play online.

On the Ps 4 you have FF 14 online I played it for the free month and it's quite a fan online MMO but you have to pay monthly to play the game.

Then another must have RPG like game is Dabilo 3 that game is just fantastic in so many ways again on both consoles.

Online multiplayer is better on the xbox one as the party's work a lot better on it compare to the PS4.

But if you won't 1st party games both consoles have great games on that front.

Now with xbox live you get 2 free games a month on your xbox there useable OK games while on the ps4 you get the same on PSN+ but there musty indie games that no one wants.

But at the end of the day it's up to you with what console to get as I am lucky to have both and I would play both of them more or less the same amount.

I would wait on buying a console closer to black Friday here as you will get a way better deal in a few weeks time.

Thanks lads. Here's another pedantic point; I had a bunch of gamerpictures on my 360. Do they port over to my 1 account? Same with themes and other "unlocks"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Thanks lads. Here's another pedantic point; I had a bunch of gamerpictures on my 360. Do they port over to my 1 account? Same with themes and other "unlocks"?

The 360 themes only work with the 360 I'm afraid.You can use the 360 to change to one of your purchased gamerpics but because the Xbox One has HD gamerpics that are 10 times bigger, the 360 ones will look small and odd in comparison. Not sure if unlocks mean avatar clothes and props but they do carry over and will be more noticeable in the new dashboard.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Randomly going through the store last night I saw Disney's Frozen game for free so I downloaded it (I'm sooo ashamed)

The 360 themes only work with the 360 I'm afraid.You can use the 360 to change to one of your purchased gamerpics but because the Xbox One has HD gamerpics that are 10 times bigger, the 360 ones will look small and odd in comparison. Not sure if unlocks mean avatar clothes and props but they do carry over and will be more noticeable in the new dashboard.

It also appears as if Xbox.com is offering me a free, one-time, gametag name change? When did that start happening? Is it still available to me even if I've already purchased various tag changes over the years? (The joys of being an elite pro gamer in a clan :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Short answer: get what ever your friends getting. No point in getting ps4 if the rest settled on xbox one.

Long answer: There is a lot of co-op games out for both systems. Most Rpgs are on both platforms too. Already mentioned ones are Diablo 3 and elder scrolls. Just check what exclusives would you like to play personally as you wont be playing with your friends 24/7. Still keep in mind, that all of you will have to stick to one platform, at least for now. Best course of actions is getting both anyway. There are great deals going around this year for both consoles. Later down the line it will get only cheaper.

Just check out Fable Legends on the Xbox One. That is going to be an amazing Coop RPG!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

And to add Fable Legends is supposed to be free! and Cross platform with Windows 10 users

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

-Toppy- wrote: »
    And to add Fable Legends is supposed to be free! and Cross platform with Windows 10 users

I'm in the closed beta of Fables and the game is terrible (even for a beta). Actually scratch that is piss poor terrible

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Gah, the new Assassins Creed is getting good to great reviews, which means it's back on my radar again. It's not the scores or anything, it's the fact that most of the reviews say that they've put the fun back in the game.

Still, it'll be a while before I get to it. Currently playing Far Cry 4 on PC, and then I've got The Witcher 3, also on PC, so my calendar is chock full at the moment.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Gah, the new Assassins Creed is getting good to great reviews, which means it's back on my radar again. It's not the scores or anything, it's the fact that most of the reviews say that they've put the fun back in the game.

Still, it'll be a while before I get to it. Currently playing Far Cry 4 on PC, and then I've got The Witcher 3, also on PC, so my calendar is chock full at the moment.

I haven't played AC since Revelations. I found the story in AC1 and 2 to be absolutely excellent, with AC2 being the peak in terms of story and gameplay. Felt the series became a bit of a cashcow from then on.

Has the game changed enough from those early ACs to be worth a play or is it just another Fifa/Battlefield/Call of Duty annual reskin job?

I haven't played AC since Revelations. I found the story in AC1 and 2 to be absolutely excellent, with AC2 being the peak in terms of story and gameplay. Felt the series became a bit of a cashcow from then on.

Has the game changed enough from those early ACs to be worth a play or is it just another Fifa/Battlefield/Call of Duty annual reskin job?

Yeah that pretty much it not as bad maybe as some you mention, not sure about the latest one but since 3 there has been little progression in the modern day end of things and in Unity it was barely there at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I thought Black Flag was very good, better than the previous one to it.
    Havent gone near Unity after everything I heard with all its issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement