Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Unboxing of the Elite Controller if you can stomach IGN:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

There's a problem with some of the Halo 5 preloads, so if you want to make sure you're getting your Halo on as soon as it unlocks, then follow these instructions.

See here.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Isn't the new controller out next week? Could have sworn it was being released on the 27th, but nowhere seems to have it for pre-order.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Unboxing of the Elite Controller if you can stomach IGN:

Maybe it's just me but it actually looks a little bigger than the standard ones :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Isn't the new controller out next week? Could have sworn it was being released on the 27th, but nowhere seems to have it for pre-order.

Thought GameStop and Smyth's had them up on their website's.

I doubt you'd need to preorder one though, demand won't be that high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Thought GameStop and Smyth's had them up on their website's.

I doubt you'd need to preorder one though, demand won't be that high.

Yeah it's on the Smyths site. Very tempted.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-754/xbox-one-accessories/p-14200/elite-wirelesss-controller-xbox-one/

Gizmo55 wrote: »

I'm going to pick one up. Get paid next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Serious Dosh for a controller.

Its expensive but a Scuf is more expensive and their Customer Service is disgraceful. If you'd any problems with this Microsoft are very good to deal with.

Also if you spend a decent amount of time a week gaming it'll be worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thurrott has a review of it here, seems he likes it. He's a Microsoft watcher rather than gaming related, but he does play a fair bit of COD, etc.

He gets a fair few Microsoft scoops, so he's worth following for the odd bit of Xbox/Windows 10 news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

CatInABox wrote: »
    Gah, the new Assassins Creed is getting good to great reviews, which means it's back on my radar again. It's not the scores or anything, it's the fact that most of the reviews say that they've put the fun back in the game.

yeah a lot of good reviews out today, I'm happy I pre ordered online now, so might actually get to play a bit of it tonight and see what it's like, I'll try stick up a little bit of gameplay, nothing that will spoil it on anyone if yous want,

CatInABox wrote: »
    Gah, the new Assassins Creed is getting good to great reviews, which means it's back on my radar again. It's not the scores or anything, it's the fact that most of the reviews say that they've put the fun back in the game.

Still, it'll be a while before I get to it. Currently playing Far Cry 4 on PC, and then I've got The Witcher 3, also on PC, so my calendar is chock full at the moment.

Ah, Unity p*ssed me off so badly last year I said I wouldn't pre-order any Assassin's Creed (or Ubisoft) games til the reviews came in. 75-80% isn't enough to bring me back, much as I wanted it to be great.

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=assassin%27s+creed+syndicate&numrev=3&site=

For anyone on Windows 10 using Cortana, you can now connect Cortana to your Xbox Live account, which apparently lets you get friend requests/notifications etc.

Not sure what's the difference between this and the Xbox App. See here.

Only got Windows 10 the other day. Any word on when Cortana is available in Ireland?

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Only got Windows 10 the other day. Any word on when Cortana is available in Ireland?

None yet, they're keeping pretty quiet about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

i am looking for some help,i am trying to play online with my brother but his xbox the NAT is set to strict so i am trying to send him invites to play a game and to talk but he isnt getting any of these notifications.

he has done a hard reset on his console but still no luck,anyone here have or had the same problem and can anyone give me advice about what i can do.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    i am looking for some help,i am trying to play online with my brother but his xbox the NAT is set to strict so i am trying to send him invites to play a game and to talk but he isnt getting any of these notifications.

he has done a hard reset on his console but still no luck,anyone here have or had the same problem and can anyone give me advice about what i can do.

thanks
    Direct him to this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87836847&postcount=40

He needs to set up port forwarding on his router correctly. Once this is done his NAT will display as "open" in network settings on the Xbox

Direct him to this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87836847&postcount=40

He needs to set up port forwarding on his router correctly. Once this is done his NAT will display "open" on the Xbox.

Cheers,it looks a bit complicated for him though.
    ill pass it on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Cheers,it looks a bit complicated for him though.
    ill pass it on

Is he on wireless? If he is going wired, might help get him on moderate. Chat should work strict or not.

Is he on wireless? If he is going wired, might help get him on moderate. Chat should work strict or not.

not wired and its unworkable to do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If there's a spare electrical socket nearby it's workable:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-PA411KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B0084Y9N3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445625186&sr=8-1&keywords=powerline+adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

thanks

As a matter of interest, are you both in the same house?

As a matter of interest, are you both in the same house?

no not even in the same continent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Boo hiss, wireless router often have extra security that pushes you to strict. he'll need to port forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The Xbox One wireless network card is actually very good.

Poor wireless signal can be one cause of a strict NAT message although in my experience it's nearly always a router set up incorrectly for Xbox gaming.

IMO every gamer should invest time in knowing how to port forward. It's as easy as Googling your router make & model and typing in port foward with it to find relevant instructions. I'd start here before investing in equipment that may not solve the issue.

(e.g) Netgear DG2000 port forwarding or Netgear DG2000 Xbox Live port forwarding.

Saw a "Misky" selling his Fallout 4 pip boy pre order for E400 on ebay last week.

Hope it wasnt you Miskyboyy :P

Saw a "Misky" selling his Fallout 4 pip boy pre order for E400 on ebay last week.

It's 240 buy it now, go for it ;)

Ha nah, I'm just half afraid my game.co.uk order will get cancelled for some reason so I have a gamestop pre-order for 1 as a backup.

My game uk one I'd prefer as it's €30 cheaper and comes with a bobblehead but there hasn't been any 100% assurance it will be ok come postal day when they see it's a parcel motel address.

Either way, I don't want to end up with 2 neither :P

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's 240 buy it now, go for it ;)

Ha nah, I'm just half afraid my game.co.uk order will get cancelled for some reason so I have a gamestop pre-order for 1 as a backup.

My game uk one I'd prefer as it's €30 cheaper and comes with a bobblehead but there hasn't been any 100% assurance it will be ok come postal day when they see it's a parcel motel address.

Either way, I don't want to end up with 2 neither :P

Hey, Im not giving out!!

Go go for it if you can!!

Name just looked like id seen it before :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

He's a capitalist dog, that fella!

Fair play, was tempted to get one myself and flip it but reckoned with my luck I'd end up stuck with it.

• Advertisement

He's a capitalist dog, that fella!

Fair play, was tempted to get one myself and flip it but reckoned with my luck I'd end up stuck with it.

lol yeah that's why I'm trying to sell it before I get it :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement