Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Anyone know any trustworthy key websites for xbox one bar cdkeys.Fed up getting ripped off in shops. Only have a Irish live account btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

tkd93 wrote: »
    Anyone know any trustworthy key websites for xbox one bar cdkeys.Fed up getting ripped off in shops. Only have a Irish live account btw.

G2a.com but they don't have a great selection tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Straight from the man himself:

(Mike Ybarra, the Director of Program Management for Xbox)

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/658715628803485696

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Straight from the man himself:

(Mike Ybarra, the Director of Program Management for Xbox)

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/658715628803485696
    Wow, didn't think you could both play a game at the same time! F u sony, f u!!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

deco nate wrote: »
    Wow, didn't think you could both play a game at the same time! F u sony, f u!!! :)

I think alot of people here know that you can play a game at the same time ;););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

deco nate wrote: »

You can do that with ps4.

My friends buying games and split the price on ps4. So I think both systems are pretty much identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

My friends buying games and split the price on ps4. So I think both systems are pretty much identical.

Yes, almost. There is a bit of annoyances with licenses on PS4 for each game while setting it up. Its just done a little more intuitively on Xbox One.

Just curious, on the PS4 is that an official thing or is it just a workaround their system ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Xbox Elite controller has been put up on the Argos site.

Showing at €168.99. I'm assuming this is a placeholder price for the minute as its even more expensive than GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just curious, on the PS4 is that an official thing or is it just a workaround their system ?

Honestly, I don't know details of it m8. I got ps4 too, but I am a bit old schooler and I like my physical discs. I only buy digital if it's on heavy sale. I kind of focused on xbox one for now as I want most of my games on one platform. As I take my xbox one to misses house, so I have something to do while she is at work.
    My friends do it though. Works fine, though you link like 2 accounts max, you can't share it with more then one person.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Showing at €168.99. I'm assuming this is a placeholder price for the minute as its even more expensive than GameStop.

Amount of people who will pay that for it and will have very little use for the paddles (speaking as someone with a lot of competitive xp)

The remapping isn't worth it alone as on the new dashboard update you can remap every button and stick whatever way you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The Xbox Elite controller has been put up on the Argos site.

Mine wasn't available for pickup today in smyths with my halo 5, my local gamestop haven't got a delivery either. I am disappoint.

Mine wasn't available for pickup today in smyths with my halo 5, my local gamestop haven't got a delivery either. I am disappoint.

Yea not sure what's going on. Maybe Ireland has been delayed a week ?

Yea not sure what's going on. Maybe Ireland has been delayed a week ?

The lad in gamestop reckon demand is high for them so that only preorders are going to be honoured as such for the time being. Take that for what it's worth though, gamestop staff like to think they're ' in the know' when usually they haven't a clue.

The lad in gamestop reckon demand is high for them so that only preorders are going to be honoured as such for the time being. Take that for what it's worth though, gamestop staff like to think they're ' in the know' when usually they haven't a clue.

I'd say demand is high for the quantity we will get over here.

There will be a second batch in another 2 weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/659079112615596032

I never care for limited edition consoles, but that Fallout 4 Xbox One is changing my mind, looks amazing

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/659079112615596032

I never care for limited edition consoles, but that Fallout 4 Xbox One is changing my mind, looks amazing

Yeah looks great. Shame it's not for sale tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

There are feck all of them though, not just here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'd say shops are cautiously ordering to gauge the response first before placing more substantial stock orders.

Lads I just spotted that there were two Elite controllers available in Argos. One in Carlow and one in Cavan.

I've reserved one in Carlow and hope to get off work early today to collect it because I won't be able to collect it tomorrow.

If I can't collect today I'll forward on the reservation details to anyone who will use it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hi guys, just picked up an Xbox one. Loved the Sky Go app on the 360 but this doesn't seem to be on the one? Doesn't this app exist at all for the one?

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Hi guys, just picked up an Xbox one. Loved the Sky Go app on the 360 but this doesn't seem to be on the one? Doesn't this app exist at all for the one?

Nope, they had a falling out over the name of "Skydrive" where they had to rename it to "Onedrive". So a lot of people assume that's why they never went ahead with sky go app on XB1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Nope, they had a falling out over the name of "Skydrive" where they had to rename it to "Onedrive". So a lot of people assume that's why they never went ahead with sky go app on XB1.

Seems a silly thing to fall out over!

This is surely something they will address in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Its on the PS4 now but streaming works better on the 360 for me

Supposedly a leaked list of backward compatible games:

https://twitter.com/XboxMAD/status/659424675156484096

Walked into smythes off mary street today picked up 1 at half 5 this evening no bother :)

tkd93 wrote: »
    Walked into smythes off mary street today picked up 1 at half 5 this evening no bother :)

An elite controller ?

No Halo 5.

Lads I just spotted that there were two Elite controllers available in Argos. One in Carlow and one in Cavan.

I've reserved one in Carlow and hope to get off work early today to collect it because I won't be able to collect it tomorrow.

If I can't collect today I'll forward on the reservation details to anyone who will use it

Ok folks if anyone wants the code for the Elite controller in Argos in Carlow let me know, I didn't get to collect it yesterday after.

• Advertisement

Ok folks if anyone wants the code for the Elite controller in Argos in Carlow let me know, I didn't get to collect it yesterday after.

I take it you got the other one so emmet? what do you make of it so far?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement