Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I take it you got the other one so emmet? what do you make of it so far?

No had planned to go to Carlow to collect it after work yesterday but got held up in work so didn't get to collect it.

I'll be working late again this evening so won't get a chance to go then either unfortunately.

I'll just have to wait until one shows up in stock again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,499 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wondering if anyone is having a similar issue with me.

I have an XBONE set up with a SKY HD box connected. All working well except for one strange issue.

Whenever I change channel on the Sky box for the first time to RTE1, the screen goes black with no sound for about 10 seconds and then the channel loads.

Any channel changes subsequent to that work fine.

Does anybody else have this issue.

I have double checked for loose cables before anyone suggests that.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

murpho999 wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone is having a similar issue with me.

I have an XBONE set up with a SKY HD box connected. All working well except for one strange issue.

Whenever I change channel on the Sky box for the first time to RTE1, the screen goes black with no sound for about 10 seconds and then the channel loads.

Any channel changes subsequent to that work fine.

Does anybody else have this issue.

I have double checked for loose cables before anyone suggests that.

I have a similar issue with Upc box through the XB to an LG tv. I belive its to do with the initial hdmi handshake between the tv and the upc box and having the xbox in between seems to confuse things.

Guys anyone recommend any decent podcasts relating to Xbox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Major Nelsons? (cant link it from inside work but its on his site and itunes)

• Advertisement

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys anyone recommend any decent podcasts relating to Xbox ?
    -Toppy- wrote: »
    Major Nelsons? (cant link it from inside work but its on his site and itunes)

http://majornelson.com/

In the Podcast tab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The install time is nuts for Halo 5 :O.

Turned on my xbox when i got it at 10am this morning it is now 4.30 and its only on 29% !!!!!.

Have 100MB line to make it worse.

Wont to play guitar hero or Ass creed but i cant as the disk drive is in use LoL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Turned on my xbox when i got it at 10am this morning it is now 4.30 and its only on 29% !!!!!.

Wont to play guitar hero or Ass creed but i cant as the disk drive is in use LoL.

are you installing from the disc or downloading it?
    If from the disc, thats way too long, i reckon mine was done in under an hour, and then there was another hour to download the 9 gig patch.

Try turning your router off and on again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Assuming you're installing it from digital but if from disc you should always set to offline, install from disc then go online to get all patches. It goes a lot faster this way for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I wonder are disc installs any faster on NXE OS.

• Advertisement

I remember Phil Spencer mentioning somewhere that it was something they were actively working on. But like everything else , Its been radio silence since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

are you installing from the disc or downloading it?
    If from the disc, thats way too long, i reckon mine was done in under an hour, and then there was another hour to download the 9 gig patch.

Try turning your router off and on again
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Assuming you're installing it from digital but if from disc you should always set to offline, install from disc then go online to get all patches. It goes a lot faster this way for some reason.

Its a Disc copy. I think the last game that took ages was Halo MCC when it came out last year. But that had to download a extra 20GB patch.

Will do that the next time as i don't wont to stop it now as its now on 40% LoL might as well leave it go on.

Its a Disc copy. I think the last game that took ages was Halo MCC when it came out last year. But that had to download a extra 20GB patch.

Will do that the next time as i don't wont to stop it now as its now on 40% LoL might as well leave it go on.

I'd still pause the installation and restart your router, then hit resume installation. I've notice recently that my initial downloads start of great, but slow to a trickle towards the end. Fibre broadband here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,769 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Anyone having trouble signing in to xbox live? I get a 0x87dd0006 error :(

Nalz wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble signing in to xbox live? I get a 0x87dd0006 error :(

Lots of reports rolling in: https://irishoutages.com/problems/xbox-live

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

also a service alert on xbox.com

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

dunworth1 wrote: »
    also a service alert on xbox.com

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

Only says "unlocking achievements" on there yet tho. They might update it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Only says "unlocking achievements" on there yet tho. They might update it.

its probably one of those try to fix something end up breaking something else :eek:

but seriously i dont understand how this keeps happening do MS not have any redundancy in place for xbl.

there is no reason why they shouldn't considering its a premium service

there should be a fail over server.

i am also wondering if all these issues are related to preparing for the NXE?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

They can't be any slower than the Japanese uber console ZZZZZZ now downloads digitally to that would drive you insane

They can't be any slower than the Japanese uber console ZZZZZZ now downloads digitally to that would drive you insane

Starts download, 7 hours remaing. "Ah that's grand" Walks off. Comes back 7 hours later to play game, 4 days 23 hours remaining :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Starts download, 7 hours remaing. "Ah that's grand" Walks off. Comes back 7 hours later to play game, 4 days 23 hours remaining :rolleyes:

And you then get email stating your details compromised lol

Let's face it lads Microsoft give us a great service

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Ha! Mine wasn't quite that bad but it was also a new console so there was all that jazz to do too. I felt bad for the young lad as he had to go to bed before getting to see Halo start. The crowning of it all was when we finally went to start the game and it needed a 9GB update. The 2 of us just burst out laughing. He handled it better than I would have at his age.

Edit: Just a thought. Are ye guys using wired or wireless network connections? Go for wired if at all possible. There's too many variables in wireless to get consistently good download speeds. The download speed of my updates shot up when I plugged in the ethernet cable.

Just noticed on Major Nelsons Twitter that the Elite Wireless controller is essentially sold out worldwide,but more will be available periodically.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/661313876466774016
    https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/661313976836444160

Just noticed on Major Nelsons Twitter that the Elite Wireless controller is essentially sold out worldwide,but more will be available periodically.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/661313876466774016
    https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/661313976836444160

I think it's safe to say its been a massive success !!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Hey lads, I've a few questions regarding game sharing that I'm hoping you can answer.

I just bought the Elite console/controller bundle and I'm selling my old xbox to a friend. I want him to have access to all my games. To do this, do I just need to leave my old one set as the Home xbox?

Cheers

Ps the controller is glorious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say its been a massive success !!

I think they just restricted the initial supply to gauge the demand first.

Its the safer option when compared to mass producing a product and having it sitting in a warehouse because the demand wasn't there for the product.

I think they just restricted the initial supply to see gauge the demand first.

Its the safer option when compared to mass producing a product and having it sitting in a warehouse because the demand wasn't there for the product.

I reckon a fair few pc players probably had their eye on it as well.

I think they just restricted the initial supply to see gauge the demand first.

That's true. At the end of the day it's a very expensive peripheral and it was always going to be hard to judge how the consumer would take to it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what aftermarket accessories are made for it. I'm thinking along the lines of different color and design thumbsticks and paddles.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's true. At the end of the day it's a very expensive peripheral and it was always going to be hard to judge how the consumer would take to it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what aftermarket accessories are made for it. I'm thinking along the lines of different color and design thumbsticks and paddles.

Check out the thumbstick on this forza one.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs8W37ugmrnKr86RMn7LRKimcndUz6LCX4jZJGOz-kbfdLZUz8gQ

• Advertisement

Check out the thumbstick on this forza one.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs8W37ugmrnKr86RMn7LRKimcndUz6LCX4jZJGOz-kbfdLZUz8gQ

That's pretty nice !! Is that an official controller or has some other company modded the elite ?

I was thinking they could make wide flat paddles for racing games so they looked a little like the flappy paddles on the likes of a Ferrari.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement