Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's pretty nice !! Is that an official controller or has some other company modded the elite ?

I was thinking they could make wide flat paddles for racing games so they looked a little like the flappy paddles on the likes of a Ferrari.

I think its a one off, Its a gas idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Found an elite controller for 160 :)

new?

same price as gamestop are looking for anyway. Still, its expensive enough without getting caught for another tenner on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Hey lads, I've a few questions regarding game sharing that I'm hoping you can answer.

I just bought the Elite console/controller bundle and I'm selling my old xbox to a friend. I want him to have access to all my games. To do this, do I just need to leave my old one set as the Home xbox?

Cheers

Ps the controller is glorious!!!

Yes, leave your old one set as your home. You can even delete your profile off it to prevent accidental purchases on your account etc.

Don't forget to get your mate to set your new console as his home so you get his games also.

Onky downside is you need to be connected to live to play your own games, and when live goes down that's a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Where was that man ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, just random question:

Why on earth my xbox one downloading halo 5? It just started downloading it when I hooked it up today after coming back from misses.
    I never bought that halo game, so why is it downloading? Is it just some free trial or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Guys, just random question:

Why on earth my xbox one downloading halo 5? It just started downloading it when I hooked it up today after coming back from misses.
    I never bought that halo game, so why is it downloading? Is it just some free trial or something?
    Do you game share or have a friends profile logged on your xbox?

Do you game share or have a friends profile logged on your xbox?

Not that I know off lol. I have friends account on my xbox, but I don't think he has xbox yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Not that I know off lol. I have friends account on my xbox, but I don't think he has xbox yet.

Maybe your friend just bought Halo 5 XB1 bundle :cool:

It's a strange one then. I had the brother in laws gamer tag on mine and it would download every game he bought digitally to my xbox as well as his own.

Ask your friend if he's bought halo 5 anyway maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

The first Xbox One you put your profile on becomes your home Xbox. Any game purchased on his profile will work on your console. So sounds like he did just buy Halo 5 or get it with the console.

You can make his Xbox your home console as well and he will have access to anything your purchased. Great way to save some money for multiple purchases. Plus using the US side of things means more savings as well.

It's a strange one then. I had the brother in laws gamer tag on mine and it would download every game he bought digitally to my xbox as well as his own.

Ask your friend if he's bought halo 5 anyway maybe?

That's actually what I though off too. Already texted him asking if he finally got it. He said he almost payed it off in gamestop. He haven't answered my messege yet.
    So I can download it, but I bet I can't play it with my account?

And what would I need to do for game sharing? Is it complicated? A lot of faff? I would do it with him.

That's actually what I though off too. Already texted him asking if he finally got it. He said he almost payed it off in gamestop. He haven't answered my messege yet.

And what would I need to do for game sharing? Is it complicated? A lot of faff? I would do it with him.

Can't really discuss game sharing properly here so I'll pm you about it.

Without going into game sharing, if he logs into his account on your xbox tonight, you should be able to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Can't really discuss game sharing properly here so I'll pm you about it.

Yes you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Smyths on Jervis St. have one Elite controller left. It's €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Anyone else having trouble going to ea access on the Xbox? It stuck on the connecting screen and won't load I'm guessing it might be trouble with ea servers as I also can't seem to load dragon age Inquisition, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hococop wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble going to ea access on the Xbox? It stuck on the connecting screen and won't load I'm guessing it might be trouble with ea servers as I also can't seem to load dragon age Inquisition, anyone else?

Go to offline mode, should let you play at least

"Major Nelson and Smosh Games’ FLitz Talk Xbox One Backward Compatibility" Alright then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

"Major Nelson and Smosh Games’ FLitz Talk Xbox One Backward Compatibility" Alright then...

Word!

• Advertisement

While I wasn't expecting Major Nelson to be a 20yr old, I cant say I pictured him being that old either.
    (Would have thought 40ish for whatever reason)

While I wasn't expecting Major Nelson to be a 20yr old, I cant say I pictured him being that old either.
    (Would have thought 40ish for whatever reason)

That's your first time seeing him? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Wait, does this mean we can get 360 gwg from the xb1 dash or will we still need to use the 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hi lads, Is it safe to use rechargeable batteries in the xbox one controller? Seeing conflicting reports on this

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Hi lads, Is it safe to use rechargeable batteries in the xbox one controller? Seeing conflicting reports on this

What reports?

I've using nothing but rechargeable AA batteries in my controller since I got my XB1. They won't charge in the controller using the micro usb cable tho of course, you still have to charge them in their own cradle charger.

deco nate wrote: »
    Wait, does this mean we can get 360 gwg from the xb1 dash or will we still need to use the 360?

I'd say they will have a separate 360 store section on the XB1 eventually. Some 360 games, Mass Effect for example already shows up as having a store page on NXOE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

What reports?

I've using nothing but rechargeable AA batteries in my controller since I got my XB1. They won't charge in the controller using the micro usb cable tho of course, you still have to charge them in their own cradle charger.

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-rechargeable-batteries

Was kind of going from this, but can see now that it just seems to be Microsoft pushing their own product. All good now, have the batteries and their own cradle from my xbox 360 days! Thanks

What reports?

same as, been using energiser rechargeable ones since launch of the console with no issues.

Somebody modded the shít out of their XB1 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Thats class!, some amount of work gone into that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement