Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,247 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but maybe someone can help.

I want to get the digital deluxe edition of BO3, I'm in work and when I sign in on the xbox store in Ireland it still gives me the dollar price when I click into the game. Presumably it wont work if i buy it for the $99.99 when i have an Irish xbox account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Liam O wrote: »

I want to get the digital deluxe edition of BO3, I'm in work and when I sign in on the xbox store in Ireland it still gives me the dollar price when I click into the game. Presumably it wont work if i buy it for the $99.99 when i have an Irish xbox account?

Here, this link will bring you to the Irish store page for it: http://store.xbox.com/Shell/ChangeLocale?targetLocale=en-IE&returnUrl=http://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Bundle/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III-Digital-Deluxe-Edition/aec429f4-d9b2-4b53-837e-782f7d7d5165

but if you ever want to change it to the Irish version yourself, just click in the bottom left corner of the store page, it should say "English - United States" then just choose Ireland from the list it brings up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liam O wrote: »

Scroll to the bottom of the page. On the left hand side you'll see a country. Make sure that is set to Ireland.

My Girlfriend just ordered me an Elite Controller from Game.co.uk :D what a surprise !!

emmetkenny wrote:
    My Girlfriend just ordered me an Elite Controller from Game.co.uk what a surprise !!

Feckin shpoilt bahh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    My Girlfriend just ordered me an Elite Controller from Game.co.uk :D what a surprise !!

Atrapitis.gif

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Feckin shpoilt bahh :D

I can't believe it. She told me last week I was a f**king eejit for wanting to spend that much on a controller :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

my gf just give me a <MOD SNIP> and yet im jealous of you

Atrapitis.gif

I don't care its worth the risk :D

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    my gf just give me a <MOD SNIP> and yet im jealous of you

Ask can you return the <MOD SNIP> and have a controller instead :P

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote:
    I can't believe it. She told me last week I was a f**king eejit for wanting to spend that much on a controller

Haha she was trying to put you off so she can get it :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Haha she was trying to put you off so she can get it :)

Can't wait to get it now. 3-6 business days for delivery. Hopefully I'll have it by next weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Can't wait to get it now. 3-6 business days for delivery. Hopefully I'll have it by next weekend :)

She could be just softening the blow before she tells you she's pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

She could be just softening the blow before she tells you she's pregnant!

Congratulations in advance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

A Sky app is coming apparently. About time.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I know this is an xbox forum but I have a question. I bought a 50 tv about 3 months ago and I'm just after noticing a white patch in the corner of the screen , it's driving me nuts. I never activated the guarantee when I bought it so my question is how can u get it replaced ?

I remember someone on here going on about some law about electricals?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I know this is an xbox forum but I have a question. I bought a 50 tv about 3 months ago and I'm just after noticing a white patch in the corner of the screen , it's driving me nuts. I never activated the guarantee when I bought it so my question is how can u get it replaced ?

I could go digging around to find it, but to be honest, at three months old you're pretty safe. Give the shop you got it in a call tomorrow and tell them the problem, and see what the story is for getting a replacement/repair.

You don't have to activate the guarantee, that's usually for the extended warranty. If you have the receipt just go back to the store you bought it from and ask for a repair, replacement, refund. In that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

3 months is less than 6, therefore the flaw is assumed to have been caused by a faulty product and the supplier needs to show that this isn't the case. In other words you will have no issue vetting a repair or replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Thanks for the replies lads. Il go to the store tomorrow evening but I'd rather not threaten the shop because I kind of know them . I'd rather actually deal with LG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thanks for the replies lads. Il go to the store tomorrow evening but I'd rather not threaten the shop because I kind of know them . I'd rather actually deal with LG

For now though your warranty stands with the retailer, surely if you know them also you won't have any issue...

Won't need to threaten anyone, it's well in date, so they won't quibble about it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Contract isn't with LG, its with the retailer. They shouldn't have any problem sorting you though, don't worry about it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

From the charter guys:
    No buying or selling items on the Xbox Forum. Please use adverts.ie for this purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Finished Halo last night on heroic, overall I thought it was just above average, started very poor and improved a bit at the end. The story was so convoluted too. I'm not really a multiplayer gamer though and I believe that side is excellent. Managed to get €49 out of CEX for it and bought COD:BO3 in supervalu for €42. I quite enjoyed the solo campaign of Advanced warfare last year.

MOD NOTE:

Hey everyone,

I had to edit a couple of posts from yesterday there, as they were a little too X-rated for this forum. We'd like the Xbox forum to be open and welcoming to everyone, regardless of age, gender, etc.

Part of that is making sure that the content we put up here is appropriate for everyone, so could everyone keep that in mind? This will be particularly true in the run up to Christmas, as there'll be a lot of people looking for advice on this forum that don't have much idea of gaming at all, and I'd like us to help as many as possible.

Just so you know, that's one/two posts out of the many thousands that have been put up here, so I don't think this is a big problem, it's just something I'd like us to bear in mind.

CatInABox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

sweetie wrote: »
    Finished Halo last night on heroic, overall I thought it was just above average, started very poor and improved a bit at the end. The story was so convoluted too. I'm not really a multiplayer gamer though and I believe that side is excellent. Managed to get €49 out of CEX for it and bought COD:BO3 in supervalu for €42. I quite enjoyed the solo campaign of Advanced warfare last year.

Bugs me no end seeing this in here. I unfollowed the Halo 5 forum to avoid this kind of thing.

bought COD:BO3 in supervalu for €42. .

Did you need a supervalu rewards card for that price? Think I might get it if it's €42, something to tie me over the last few days till fallout 4 then sell it to CeX for €49, get paid to play, why not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

bought COD:BO3 in supervalu for €42. I quite enjoyed the solo campaign of Advanced warfare last year.
    Does that one come with Nuketown?

*Edit: it doesn't.

• Advertisement

Another issue with preloading a game, this time a little known game that no one is interested in, Fallout 4.
    Bethesda wrote:
    If you've digitally pre-ordered the game on Xbox One on or before 10/27 and are NOT using Instant On power mode, you may still have an incorrect 'stub file' for the title, which is simply a placeholder file. Players that have this particular version of the stub file will be required to delete it, and reinstall the title.

Bethesda has detailed the process below:

Navigate to My Games & Apps.
    Find the title's tile in Games.
    With the tile highlighted, press the [Menu] button on your controller.
    Select Manage Game.
    In the Manage Game screen, select the storage device the game is currently installed to.
    Select Uninstall.
    Once the game has uninstalled, return to My Games & Apps.
    Scroll right to the "Ready to Install" section under Games.
    Highlight the title's tile.
    Press [A] to select.
    Choose Install.

See here. Kinda annoying that this has happened twice in a row now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement