Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Is Halo 5 all it's cracked up to be? Can't decide to get it or wait for Star Wars Battlefront for some FPS. Halo 5 franchise doesn't really appeal to me anymore. Halo 2 was great, is Halo 5 up there with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

wrt40 wrote:
    Is Halo 5 all it's cracked up to be? Can't decide to get it or wait for Star Wars Battlefront for some FPS. Halo 5 franchise doesn't really appeal to me anymore. Halo 2 was great, is Halo 5 up there with it?

Battlefront full game playable for 10 hours from next Thursday if you have EA Access?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

wrt40 wrote: »

the general consensus seems to be that the story is a solid 6/10 , I cant really comment as I've only played a little.

The multiplayer harkens back to to the glory days when halo 2 was king.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Bugs me no end seeing this in here. I unfollowed the Halo 5 forum to avoid this kind of thing.

Can you explain why this bugged you please? It's a general discussion thread...
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Did you need a supervalu rewards card for that price? Think I might get it if it's €42, something to tie me over the last few days till fallout 4 then sell it to CeX for €49, get paid to play, why not :D

No, luckily you don't as I don't carry it. Yeah, a week or so of free shooting till Fallout seems a no-brainer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

sweetie wrote: »
    Can you explain why this bugged you please? It's a general discussion thread...

No, luckily you don't as I don't carry it. Yeah, a week or so of free shooting till Fallout seems a no-brainer!

It's a general discussion thread, exactly. You waffled on about what you thought of Halo 5, no one asked, so put it in the Halo 5 thread. Then you banged on about what a great bargain you got, stick it in the bargain alerts thread so.

My main point being, let people enjoy Halo 5 for themselves without you giving your opinion before me and others have finished it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

It's a general discussion thread, exactly. You waffled on about what you thought of Halo 5, no one asked, so put it in the Halo 5 thread. Then you banged on about what a great bargain you got, stick it in the bargain alerts thread so.

My main point being, let people enjoy Halo 5 for themselves without you giving your opinion before me and others have finished it.

Wtf?????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD WARNING:

If you've got a problem with a post, report it. If the Mods think it's a problem, then we'll deal with it.

CIAB

The 360 version is 42 the xb1 version is 49. If you got xb1 version for 42 they made a mistake sweetie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

CatInABox wrote: »
    MOD WARNING:

If you've got a problem with a post, report it. If the Mods think it's a problem, then we'll deal with it.

CIAB
    I did report it. Basically what I'm saying is this isn't a review site, so stop giving your opinions on games that you've completed when the rest of us haven't completed it is all. It ruins it a bit. I spent months avoiding anything to do with this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I did report it. Basically what I'm saying is this isn't a review site, so stop giving your opinions on games that you've completed when the rest of us haven't completed it is all. It ruins it a bit. I spent months avoiding anything to do with this game.

That's a bit extreme, Gizmo. Do you look away from the Halo scores up on billboards and adverts? It's near impossible to avoid some exposure.

It's a general discussion thread, if someone wants to give an opinion on a game that they've played, they're more than welcome to in my eyes. If someone put up spoilers I'd definitely take action, edit the post to put spoiler tags around the offending text, but there's not, it's just their view of a game.

As to the fact that it might be better off in another thread/forum, I'd agree, there are threads that the post might have been better suited to. When the posters of the Xbox Forum were asked how they wanted the General Thread to be treated, "flow" was pretty much the number one priority of almost everyone. What that means in practice is that we'll allow a certain amount of discussion of a topic that should by rights be in another thread, before taking action.

In other words: 5 or 6 posts about a bargain? Leave it; 2 pages worth of posts about a bargain? Move to the Bargains thread.

I hope this explains why we haven't taken action here, and how the General Thread is treated.

CIAB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Speaking of halo 5 lololol.

The last one I played was 3 and I though it was most over rated crap and I could not understand the following behind it. I played Halo 5 as my buddy got it and put it through game sharing thing.

I got really impressed by single player. It looks fantastic and its coming from PC gamer. It looks great and feels good and I am not saying it good for xbox, its just damn good.
    Then I went to multiplayer and it looks like **** again. Is multiplayer part nerfed? It looks downscalled and all cool eye candy off, just bare bones. Kind off put a bad taste in my mouth now.
    I will give it a go again with lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Taken from the Gears of War FB Page
    The entire Gears of War Xbox 360 series will be available on Backwards Compatibility! Ultimate Edition owners who have played online will begin receiving download tokens for those titles from December 1st. Head to our official Backwards Compatibility page for full information.

Who was it that was asking about the Sky Go app for XB1 recently?

Looks like it's coming soon: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-06-xbox-one-to-finally-get-a-sky-tv-app-soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Having been a PS4 owner for over a year and built my own desktop PC this year I've just spent $600 AUD and bought the Xbox one elite console with BO3 and Halo 5.

Too many games to play......! Not a bad way to be. Can't wait to get it up and running tomorrow!

Had the elite controller in my hand and its just incredible.

irishmover wrote: »
    Having been a PS4 owner for over a year and built my own desktop PC this year I've just spent $600 AUD and bought the Xbox one elite console with BO3 and Halo 5.

Too many games to play......! Not a bad way to be. Can't wait to get it up and running tomorrow!

Had the elite controller in my hand and its just incredible.

Welcome irishmover!

Don't spend too much time getting used to the Xbox One front end, it's all going to change in less than a week with Windows 10 hitting the console.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Welcome irishmover!

Don't spend too much time getting used to the Xbox One front end, it's all going to change in less than a week with Windows 10 hitting the console.

One of the reasons why I got it! I'm gonna have to quit my job with all the games to play across the three platforms..

Anyone any recommendations to grab from the earlier catalogue? Exclusives not third party.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

One of the reasons why I got it! I'm gonna have to quit my job with all the games to play across the three platforms..

Anyone any recommendations to grab from the earlier catalogue? Exclusives not third party.

Sunset Overdrive is great, also Gears of War ultimate edition is good value as you'll get all the older GoW games on backwards compatibility with it.

Master Chief Collection is worth it too imo was broken on release but is in good working order now.

Ori and the Blind Forest is another decent exclusive that's well worth a look.

Be sure to sign up for EA access too, you'll get Titanfall with all its DLC, Dragon age inquisition, Battlefield 4 & Hardline as well as plenty of the sports titles.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sunset Overdrive is great, also Gears of War ultimate edition is good value as you'll get all the older GoW games on backwards compatibility with it.

Master Chief Collection is worth it too imo was broken on release but is in good working order now.

Ori and the Blind Forest is another decent exclusive that's well worth a look.

Be sure to sign up for EA access too, you'll get Titanfall with all its DLC, Dragon age inquisition, Battlefield 4 & Hardline as well as plenty of the sports titles.

I've already played Ori on PC (so I guess not an exclusive) having never played GoW even though I owned a 360 I'll definitely consider it too.

EA access and Xbox live will be bought tomorrow! Master chief collection is a given. Will pick that up soon.

Thanks.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've already played Ori on PC (so I guess not an exclusive) having never played GoW even though I owned a 360 I'll definitely consider it too.

EA access and Xbox live will be bought tomorrow! Master chief collection is a given. Will pick that up soon.

Thanks.

Cheapest for GoW at the moment is cd keys, probably best place to get your XBL sub too.

This game is looking so good:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I've set up game share on my cousins Xbox, but how do I put his details on mine? I'm in the beta.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

deco nate wrote: »
    I've set up game share on my cousins Xbox, but how do I put his details on mine? I'm in the beta.
    Thanks

Get him to log in on your console and set it as home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

This game is looking so good:

Ah, the obligatory gameplay trailer showcasing easy kills and you and your teammates working in perfect harmony :)

Was completely underwhelmed by the beta, but really hope the reviews are positive.

Get him to log in on your console and set it as home.

I have his details here, but I can't find add account on the beta dash

deco nate wrote: »
    I have his details here, but I can't find add account on the beta dash

Bring up the quick side menu, it should be highlighting the friends tab then push up so it's highlighting your gamerpic then press left and you'll see "Add & Manage"

Bring up the quick side menu, it should be highlighting the friends tab then push up so it's highlighting your gamerpic then press left and you'll see "Add & Manage"
    Sorted, thanks MiskyBoyy :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Cheapest for GoW at the moment is cd keys, probably best place to get your XBL sub too.

Yup $44 AU from cdkeys seen that yesterday. Buy most of my PC games from them. Can't recommend them more.

Never thought of getting GoW from them though. Will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

So, Today's the day that the full Backwards compatibility list gets revealed (the official list is not there yet).

Which game do you want to play first?
    Me (if the leaked list is true), it'll be Bioshock Infinite - the game came out after I sold my 360, but I have the digital one from when it was GwG and am dying to take it for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Skyrim, God I hope thats on the list!

• Advertisement

Skyrim, God I hope thats on the list!

With Fallout 3 on the list for definite. I'd imagine all Bethesdas 360 games will be B.c :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement