Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cormac... wrote: »
    I just bought an X-Box One, any exclusive games I should be on the look out for, so far I'm eyeing up:

TitanFall
    New Tomb Raider
    Halo MCC (and 5 since it came with it)
    Ori and the Thingy

sunset overdive - its fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I just bought an X-Box One, any exclusive games I should be on the look out for, so far I'm eyeing up:

TitanFall
    New Tomb Raider
    Ori and the Thingy

It's been said a million times but just incase you missed it - If you want Titanfall, get EA access - wonderful value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

TitanFall
    New Tomb Raider
    Ori and the Thingy

Sing up to EA access and you can get Titanfall for nothing. Well nothing aside from your subscription. Well worth the yearly fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

TitanFall
    New Tomb Raider
    Ori and the Thingy

Just exclusive?
    Gears of war UE (It will give you all the games backward compatible soon)
    Forza (6 if you want a sim, horizon 2 if you want more arcadey)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yeah, only interested in Exclusives as I have a PC and a PS4 (which I use for most of my console gaming), still have my X-Box Gold account so might get some freebies from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah, only interested in Exclusives as I have a PC and a PS4 (which I use for most of my console gaming), still have my X-Box Gold account so might get some freebies from that.

Like the lads said EA Access for €25 a year is great value.

Sunset Overdrive as mentioned above and maybe check out a few indie games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Not seen this posted here yet, so....

http://charlieintel.com/2015/11/09/original-call-of-duty-black-ops-will-be-backwards-compatible-on-xbox-one-next-month/

also, halo games, bioshocks, and skate 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

EA Access looks decent actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Yeah I may sign up, great value for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

You get 10 hour free trials for New games as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You get 10 hour free trials for New games as well.

Which includes the latest need for speed but more imprtantly 10 hours of early access to star wars battlefront on the 12th yeahhhhh boyyy :D

(although fallout 4 will probably keep me away, still sweet!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Can't wait to play Blops 1 again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

I didnt own any previous Xboxs but my brother has and had a huge number of games.
    We gameshare so was wondering if i will be able to play the games through the compatability system.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    I didnt own any previous Xboxs but my brother has and had a huge number of games.
    We gameshare so was wondering if i will be able to play the games through the compatability system.

So long as they're digital, then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

tony1980 wrote: »
    Can't wait to play Blops 1 again!

Im more excited for black ops 1 than I was for blops 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

If they bring Bad company 2 and Vietnam with fully working multiplayer, then I will jizz all over the room. I still play that on my PC, but community is very russian for my liking.

Ohhh the fun I had with Vietnam all those years ago. I did 3 tours :pac: so much fun flying troops to and from the battlefield in the Huey. What a game, wish DICE would go back and make it for XO and PS4...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

logik wrote: »
    Ohhh the fun I had with Vietnam all those years ago. I did 3 tours :pac: so much fun flying troops to and from the battlefield in the Huey. What a game, wish DICE would go back and make it for XO and PS4...

With Flight of the Valkyries playing out the choppers PA. It was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just saw this, and hadn't seen the list posted anywhere here..

Introducing Your First 104 Xbox One Backward Compatible Games
    http://news.xbox.com/2015/11/09/introducing-your-first-104-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-games/

Allyall wrote: »
    Just saw this, and hadn't seen the list posted anywhere here..

Introducing Your First 104 Xbox One Backward Compatible Games
    http://news.xbox.com/2015/11/09/introducing-your-first-104-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-games/

Post #5119

CatinaBox posted it in a bax fancy table :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Post #5119

CatinaBox posted it in a bax fancy table :P

Ooops.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

no dark souls on that list

list is void/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Ah ffs, I only recently noticed voice commands were working again for Netflix and then an update for the app was downloaded last night and they've been removed again! Wtf are Netflix at?

New Tomb Raider looking good!

DetailedFearfulBangeltiger.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Jesus Christ that looks incredible! If it's anything like the last Tomb Raider, it will be a definite purchase from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

nicklauski wrote: »
    Jesus Christ that looks incredible! If it's anything like the last Tomb Raider, it will be a definite purchase from me.

Played the first 30 minutes, lovely looking game. Loved the last one, cant wait to get stuck back in tomorrow night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Am I missing something here, or is the Xbox One UI a total clusterfúck? I have an Xbox One for a few months now, but I don't use it that often. I had noticed that games that I had ordered through xbox.com, or games with gold didn't download automatically. I went to check the power settings tonight to ensure that it was set to download them automatically (settings were correct), but it was an effort to find the settings option! The settings option seemed to be hidden! Press the Home button - no settings option. Instead I see an option for "Snap"! I don't care about that. Just show me a fúckin settings option!

The auto download option doesn't work either. I have never had a game auto download, even though I have the settings correct.

I am not really enamoured with the evolution of consoles. I've had them all since Pong, ZX81, Atari, Spectrum, Vic20, Commodore 64, SNES, PS1, N64, and all the rest etc. I took a bit of break over the last few years due to rearing my daughter, but this is just fúckin nonsense. In game purchases, Season Passes, paying extra for costumes! Get in the fúckin sea!

This is not gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

There's a new UI coming this week it's on the same platform as Windows 10 and I have been using the bata and it's way better.

Snap is something that I love on the xbox one myself and one thing I wish the ps4 had. It's so handy double tapping the home button and then bam pick what ever app you won't to go into and you can even use a lot of them from the snap part of it.

Also settings are really easy to find go to my games and apps and then apps there is settings right there.

Season pass and the likes I never waste my time with that stuff and it's up to you if you won't to buy them. 90% of the time the DLC is a waste of time but sometimes the DLC can be fantasic in case of borderlands.

Extra costumes anyone who pays for that stuff need there head looked at as there their to make money and to he fair if you where in business you be doing the same to make money.

If you won't to see a bad console OS have a look at the PS3 or the real old school blades dashboard that was on the 360 when it 1st came out now they where bad OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

bajer101 wrote: »
    Am I missing something here, or is the Xbox One UI a total clusterfúck? I have an Xbox One for a few months now, but I don't use it that often. I had noticed that games that I had ordered through xbox.com, or games with gold didn't download automatically. I went to check the power settings tonight to ensure that it was set to download them automatically (settings were correct), but it was an effort to find the settings option! The settings option seemed to be hidden! Press the Home button - no settings option. Instead I see an option for "Snap"! I don't care about that. Just show me a fúckin settings option!

The auto download option doesn't work either. I have never had a game auto download, even though I have the settings correct.

I am not really enamoured with the evolution of consoles. I've had them all since Pong, ZX81, Atari, Spectrum, Vic20, Commodore 64, SNES, PS1, N64, and all the rest etc. I took a bit of break over the last few years due to rearing my daughter, but this is just fúckin nonsense. In game purchases, Season Passes, paying extra for costumes! Get in the fúckin sea!

This is not gaming.
    If you are game sharing, then the Xbox in your house is not your home console. Games auto download to your home console (I.e. The one in your mate's house)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is not gaming.

It's very easy to get to settings. If you have a Kinnect say 'Xbox Go To Settings'. If you don't have a Kinnect press the Start/Options button and Settings is the last option on the pop up menu. Not that hard to be honest. As you say yourself you don't use the One that ofter so your not going to be that familiar with the incatricies of the OS.

I've bought all my games digitally on the One and I've only had one game fail to auto download and that was Fallout 4 last night but it failed at 91% so I just restarted it this morning.

Like someone said if your gamesharing you'll need to manually download the games and apps to your console because the auto downloads happen on the main console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

This is not gaming.

I have been lucky enough to have owned every console from the Atari (with the exception of the PS3 and PS4 as I stayed with Xbox after their first console) and I can say the new new gen of consoles are great. They are not sold as a gaming ONLY system anymore. The advent of apps and the ability to watch tv and films etc all on one box is something that really appeals to me. Alot of the guys here use their XO to do a variety of things aswell as play games of course.

For me, my XO is used for 85% gaming and 15% watching twitch, films, tv and other apps. I think there is something great about being able to have a one box does all device in my house. I have been able to sell my bluray player etc and there is no switching devices and having loads of remote controls on the chair.

As far as the micro transactions, you dont have to buy into these, i certainly dont and still get all the enjoyment i need out of my games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement