Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

tony1980 wrote: »
    This might seem obvious but do you plug it out at any stage and back in again, if you do, you would have to turn the xbox on and then off again to set it back to its instant on mode.

I've never plugged it out, but that being said, I've a cleaner who comes in and she may have. It hangs off a four gang from a socket behind the TV, but the four gang is visible and she may have used that for the hoover. I didn't bother doing any testing today as the update is imminent and I would have no way of testing if a reboot worked. Seeing as no one else seems to have this problem, it is undoubtedly just a glitch and I'm not too worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

bajer101 wrote: »
    I've never plugged it out, but that being said, I've a cleaner who comes in and she may have. It hangs off a four gang from a socket behind the TV, but the four gang is visible and she may have used that for the hoover. I didn't bother doing any testing today as the update is imminent and I would have no way of testing if a reboot worked. Seeing as no one else seems to have this problem, it is undoubtedly just a glitch and I'm not too worried.

Your not meant to plug the One into an extension socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Yes, try plugging it into the wall and seeing if the issue persists. Also, before doing this, if you have it set to instant on now, turn off your xbox just by tapping the power button, then give it a few seconds and check to see if you have a white led light on on your xbox power supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

emmetkenny wrote: »

Is that right, i have my xb1 and the smart tv plugged into a serg protector as recommended by an electrician

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

tripperman wrote:
    Is that right, i have my xb1 and the smart tv plugged into a serg protector as recommended by an electrician

The power brick has its own built in surge protection.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

TL:dr: NXOE starts rolling out after 3:01am ET/ 12:01am PT November 12th. Back Compat titles will be playable or start to appear in your collection (for digital purchases) after 3:01pm /12:01 pm (Noon) PT on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Out of curiosity, why not? What would happen?
    I only have 1 socket where the TV is so I have one of those extensions for plugging in the TV and the Xbox.

tripperman wrote: »

Yes I read it on the Xbox Support section. My Power Brick always made a buzzing/humming sound when plugged into a surge protector. Maybe your electrican is used to wiring houses and not consumer electronics!!

Like Misky said the Power Brick has a built in surge protector so no need to use a second.

Max mine used to Buzz and Hum when plugged into one of those white multi plug things. I assume nothing would happen but Microsoft does not recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Yes I read it on the Xbox Support section. My Power Brick always made a buzzing/humming sound when plugged into a surge protector. Maybe your electrican is used to wiring houses and not consumer electronics!!

Like Misky said the Power Brick has a built in surge protector so no need to use a second.

Max mine used to Buzz and Hum when plugged into one of those white multi plug things. I assume nothing would happen but Microsoft does not recommend it.

When you do mention it there does be a Buzzing/humming sound out of it, I'll take it out of the serge protector this week, yeah he's household aelectricians you guessed,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

You can use a power lead extension or surge protector if you want, I've had consoles on them for over 2 years with zero issues. Just make sure they aren't overloaded with hungry devices. However, plugging a 110v PSU into a console over here is definetly a bad thing and the smoke takes ages to clear :(

You can use a power lead extension or surge protector if you want, I've had consoles on them for over 2 years with zero issues. Just make sure they aren't overloaded with hungry devices. However, plugging a 110v PSU into a console over here is definetly a bad thing and the smoke takes ages to clear :(

Did it go on fire ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I've got the new UI now lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Crap I have both xbox's plugged into an extension lead.

Just kicked off the update there before leaving for work, gonna be a long day. :pac:

Did it go on fire ?

Nah, made a lot of crackling noises and tons of smome came out. No sign of flames though.

irishmover wrote: »

How is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

irishmover wrote: »

Take long to download?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

logik wrote: »
    Take long to download?

I downloaded it this morning. Weighed in at 1,134 MB, took no time to download.

There is an update for the controller which needs to be downloaded after the install.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

logik wrote: »
    Take long to download?

Turned the Xbox off for 20 mins without realising the download was coming. Came back and it was setup.

Looks so much better.

Faker74 wrote: »
    I downloaded it this morning. Weighed in at 1,134 MB, took no time to download.

There is an update for the controller which needs to be downloaded after the install.

Surprised it's that small, not complaining though.

• Advertisement

I think the last few updates were laying the ground work for it.

Was there 1 or 2 since September but no noticeable new features?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I only got upgraded to it a week or so ago and it was that size too, was expecting more like 4GB.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I think the last few updates were laying the ground work for it.

Was there 1 or 2 since September but no noticeable new features?

Nah, the earlier updates don't drop anything for it. Remember that a lot of people are taking a clean upgrade from the win8 OS to the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Will the UI update just pop up for download upon turning on the xbone?

Nah, made a lot of crackling noises and tons of smome came out. No sign of flames though.

That was lucky !! Glad I plugged mine directly into the wall now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I've had the console plugged into the same extension for the past year but havent heard any buzzing from the brick, not sure if I should be content or jealous or what :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,194 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hope this update today will fix my kinnect

• Any early glitches / bugs reported or is everything AOK?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any early glitches / bugs reported or is everything AOK?

Known issues so far

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/12/here-are-the-known-new-xbox-one-experience-update-issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Thanks for this, was wondering if anything was not working.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement