Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Well got a new Xbox one after not playing my 360 for about 2 years, went to look at my Microsoft points as I remember I had a fair few on console and they are all gone. What can I do to get them back?

they changed the points into cash value a couple years ago, it's probably since expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Anyone ever experienced issues changing DNS to manual? When changed it scrambles to an letter/number assortment for some reason. Neither xbox nor eir can help.

Hope this is appropriate to ask here

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Anyone ever experienced issues changing DNS to manual? When changed it scrambles to an letter/number assortment for some reason. Neither xbox nor eir can help.

Hope this is appropriate to ask here

Have you tried googles dns servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Titanfall worth getting for XB1? Never played it but looks good. Only €23.99 in Argos so tempted to give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Titanfall worth getting for XB1? Never played it but looks good. Only €23.99 in Argos so tempted to give it a shot

Much cheaper on adverts hint hint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

It's on ea access which is 20e odd for the year! I enjoyed it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

It's a great game. I'd get EA Access for 25 a year. You can download and play Titanfall along with a good few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Cheers lads, have a months ea access so will buy after i use it and try titanfall then!

Have you tried googles dns servers?

Yes I have does the same thing scrambling. Very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Does anyone know if there will be external drives on sale on Black Friday on Amazon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

I'm going to ask a question I think I already know the answer too but not 100% sure 😂

Does my Xbox have to be connected to the internet to install the digital based games from the 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm going to ask a question I think I already know the answer too but not 100% sure 😂

Does my Xbox have to be connected to the internet to install the digital based games from the 360?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

How else would the game get downloaded to the XBox One?

bajer101 wrote: »
    How else would the game get downloaded to the XBox One?

I know I know ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ I'm just having a moment!!

I know I know ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ I'm just having a moment!!

I'm by no means an expert on the Xbox One, having only bought it a couple of months ago - but the one thing I do know is that you have to have an internet connection. The backward compatibility feature won't even be available if your Xbox hasn't been able to download and install the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Quick question.

My broadband is currently crap but fibre is supposedly coming on stream here in the coming weeks, apparently.

With Games with Gold, if I begin downloading them on my account and pause them at 3% or so, will i be able to resume the download at a later date after the game has been removed from Gold offers?

amadablam wrote: »
    Quick question.

My broadband is currently crap but fibre is supposedly coming on stream here in the coming weeks, apparently.

With Games with Gold, if I begin downloading them on my account and pause them at 3% or so, will i be able to resume the download at a later date after the game has been removed from Gold offers?

Yeah, once the game is in your account it is yours to download when you wish. You don't even need to have started the download.

bajer101 wrote: »
    I'm by no means an expert on the Xbox One, having only bought it a couple of months ago - but the one thing I do know is that you have to have an internet connection. The backward compatibility feature won't even be available if your Xbox hasn't been able to download and install the update.

I know that,

What I was getting at is the fact that when installing a disc game it's better to be disconnected from the internet because it will install faster, I was thinking along those lines!

I know that,

What I was getting at is the fact that when installing a disc game it's better to be disconnected from the internet because it will install faster, I was thinking along those lines!

When you put in your 360 disc into your One, it will not install, it downloads a digital copy based on the fact that you own the game. So you need to be connected to the Internet or you won't be able to install it at all. Currently at least.

amadablam wrote: »
    When you put in your 360 disc into your One, it will not install, it downloads a digital copy based on the fact that you own the game. So you need to be connected to the Internet or you won't be able to install it at all. Currently at least.

Yeah I've just read that online actually, why would they do that and not just take it from the disc?

• Advertisement

Yeah I've just read that online actually, why would they do that and not just take it from the disc?

Im guessing that the emulation is coded into the digital download version of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

The way I understand it is that the it's not actually reading the disc, the disc is a license key and the digital version of the game is wrapped in the emulation engine. So the game being downloaded from Xbox live is the digital version + the Xbox 360 emulation engine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yes I have does the same thing scrambling. Very frustrating

So what's it scrambled to?

Primary scrambled to 'fe80::1%4'

Thanks for your help

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Primary scrambled to 'fe80::1%4'

Thanks for your help

Wait, does it still work, or can your Xbox One not get on the internet?

That's an IPv6 address, which I hadn't seen yet out in the wild. Basically, the old format IPv4 (192.168.0.1, etc) has been running out of addresses for all the devices on the internet, and all the "clever" hacks that they've been doing to keep it going aren't sustainable long term, so they're moving over to IPv6, which brings a ridiculous number of possible addresses.

Looks like your service provider has moved to IPv6, and your Xbox is picking up on that?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Wait, does it still work, or can your Xbox One not get on the internet?

That's an IPv6 address, which I hadn't seen yet out in the wild. Basically, the old format IPv4 (192.168.0.1, etc) has been running out of addresses for all the devices on the internet, and all the "clever" hacks that they've been doing to keep it going aren't sustainable long term, so they're moving over to IPv6, which brings a ridiculous number of possible addresses.

Looks like your service provider has moved to IPv6, and your Xbox is picking up on that?

Looked around a bit more, and my guess was right. Apparently the Xbox One prefers IPv6 over IPv4, so even if you put an IPv4 address in manually, if the Xbox One picks up an IPv6 address from your router, then it will use that one.

If you want to change it, log onto your router and disable the setting "IPv6 DHCP", or whichever sounds similar. Of course, something else on your network may depend on it, but I'd doubt it. Or change your routers IPv6 DNS settings to Google, or which ever service.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

Anybody knows when the Xbox one chatpad is being released? Cant really seem to find solid info anywhere. Thanks

Anybody knows when the Xbox one chatpad is being released? Cant really seem to find solid info anywhere. Thanks

I thought it was Oct 27?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

I thought it was Oct 27?

So did I!! Has release date on Microsoft website but no availability, but in Smyths, Argos, Gamestop none of them know!!

• Advertisement

So did I!! Has release date on Microsoft website but no availability, but in Smyths, Argos, Gamestop none of them know!!

It's definitely out... in the States, where it has extremely limited numbers.

Not much help for anyone looking for it in Europe though, which is disappointing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement