Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's definitely out... in the States, where it has extremely limited numbers.

Not much help for anyone looking for it in Europe though, which is disappointing.
    I'd say demand is probably on the low side with smartglass being so widely available

Has anyone tried streaming your Xbox one to a Windows laptop? I had it set up with WiFi, but was getting occasional stutters and pauses. You could play something like valiant hearts but not much else. I tried a wired connection yesterday and its still exactly the same. The laptop is relatively old, so I'm assuming that's the problem? (although the test says I should be ok for hi res streaming)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Has anyone tried streaming your Xbox one to a Windows laptop? I had it set up with WiFi, but was getting occasional stutters and pauses. You could play something like valiant hearts but not much else. I tried a wired connection yesterday and its still exactly the same. The laptop is relatively old, so I'm assuming that's the problem? (although the test says I should be ok for hi res streaming)

I have a pretty old laptop it's seven or eight years old and have to turn the settings down to medium to get the streaming to work properly, even though the test on the app say it should run on very high. I was able to play dirt 3 last night without any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Does it gave a dedicated graphics card? You need that plus like 4gb of ram and a multicore CPU to run streaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have used it quite a few times now on my tablet !!!. Well its a surface 2. 4GB ram, i5, Intel GPU

Works a bit meh on high settings the odd slow down where there is loads happing on the screen. Halo 5 some parts you could not see as it slowed down really bad.

But i changed the settings to mid and they where perfect and no slow downs what so ever.

Questions for you whats your WIFI speeds ?. EG Upload and download speeds as that could have something to do with it ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

CatInABox wrote: »
    Looked around a bit more, and my guess was right. Apparently the Xbox One prefers IPv6 over IPv4, so even if you put an IPv4 address in manually, if the Xbox One picks up an IPv6 address from your router, then it will use that one.

If you want to change it, log onto your router and disable the setting "IPv6 DHCP", or whichever sounds similar. Of course, something else on your network may depend on it, but I'd doubt it. Or change your routers IPv6 DNS settings to Google, or which ever service.

I'm using one of those eircom Huawei modems issue didn't occur when tried on similar setup elsewhere that's why I find it strange that it's overriding the ipv4 address. Thanks for your insight will try and look round those settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Does it gave a dedicated graphics card? You need that plus like 4gb of ram and a multicore CPU to run streaming.

Really? I've got it to work reasonably well on a HP Stream 7 tablet on low settings.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

have used streaming from the xbox one to my dell laptop, not a gaming machine, and it's worked fine, even on the higher quality settings. not sure i'd play online using it, but played Bop3 single player on it and it was perfect

Really? I've got it to work reasonably well on a HP Stream 7 tablet on low settings.

Yeah, the official requirements are

For best performance, we recommend that your Windows 10 PC have:

At least 2 gigabytes of RAM
    1.5-GHz CPU or faster
    Network connection to your home network:
    Best performance: Wired Ethernet connection
    Good performance: Wireless – 5-GHz 802.11 N or 802.11 AC wireless access point
    Limited performance: Wireless – 2.4-GHz 802.11 N or 802.11 AC wireless access point

But according to reddit if you want a decent experience a dedicated card and 4 GB or more like what you actually need, especially if you are streaming at ultra high quality. We tested it here at work and found that a pc with 2gb, integrated intel gfx and an old 4ghz cpu really struggled but 4gb and an i5 was fine at high but couldn't handle ultra.

You can check really easy if its the PC thats lagging if you can see both the xbox and the pc monitor at the same time - just move the controller - if it moves instantly on teh console then the issue is your pcs rendering.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Is there anyone out there who has the kinect with the xbox one and uses the voice control with dvd's/blurays? I've been using the controller and its annoying when you want to pause etc... thinking on the kinect vs the remote seen as cex have the kinect pretty cheap

• Advertisement

Is there anyone out there who has the kinect with the xbox one and uses the voice control with dvd's/blurays? I've been using the controller and its annoying when you want to pause etc... thinking on the kinect vs the remote seen as cex have the kinect pretty cheap

It's probably the best use for Kinect tbh, you can pause, turn the volume up and down etc as well.

The voice commands are brilliant. You can turn on the console and watch Netflix etc without moving from the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

GameStop.ie and gamestop.co.UK both have elite controller in stock right now. UK works out nearly 20 cheaper.

I'm considering getting one, goddam impulse buying :/

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    GameStop.ie and gamestop.co.UK both have elite controller in stock right now. UK works out nearly 20 cheaper.

I pre-ordered mine yesterday in Xtra-vision. They are due stock in soon and are priced at €160. Don't think I'll get to use it before Xmas though as it's a Santa present :confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,299 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A lot of argos stores have them as orderable now too. Bit more expensive than gamestop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Its worth the money. Loving mine.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,299 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I ordered one yesterday,just after picking it up in castlebar. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I ordered one yesterday,just after picking it up in castlebar. :)

It's not an impulse buy when you've been thinking about it since E3 :P

I'm after getting used to the two paddles now so time to add the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Looks like GameStop UK are sold out now.

Nothing available in Argos Dublin stores either. Most stores are available to order, but no stock currently.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »

yeah, I've settled into it now to the point where I don't even reach for the face buttons anymore. I've had a few moments in black ops 3 though, its such a twitch shooter that once or twice I've clenched the controller when shooting causing me to hit the paddle I've mapped for reloading.

Theres definitely an advantage in being able to jump around corners without taking your finger off the thumstick.

yeah, I've settled into it now to the point where I don't even reach for the face buttons anymore. I've had a few moments in black ops 3 though, its such a twitch shooter that once or twice I've clenched the controller when shooting causing me to hit the paddle I've mapped for reloading.

Theres definitely an advantage in being able to jump around corners without taking your finger off the thumstick.

I did the same yesterday in Destiny. 2v1 gunfight , take the first guy down snap to the second, hes half dead, bang clipped the paddle and I reload and die :(

I'm just going with 4 paddles straight away, will be painful enough at first though particularly in sweaty situations.
    Nothing available in Argos Dublin stores either. Most stores are available to order, but no stock currently.

If it days available to order they'll have it tomorrow if you reserve I think, that's what it said on castlebar yesterday.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm just going with 4 paddles straight away, will be painful enough at first though particularly in sweaty situations.

If it days available to order they'll have it tomorrow if you reserve I think, that's what it said on castlebar yesterday.

The longer paddles are a little harder to get used to. They were exatly where I tend to put a bit of pressure on the pad when holding it so I'll have to learn to loosen up and rest my fingers on them though.

I was using my old pad the other day when the Elite was charging and it felt like something you'd get in a lucky bag compared to the Elite.

I was using my old pad the other day when the Elite was charging and it felt like something you'd get in a lucky bag compared to the Elite.

How I feel every time I use a 360 controller now :pac:

How I feel every time I use a 360 controller now :pac:

I've developed neck pain from sneering at standard controller peasants :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Can I turn off my Xbox one completely(unplug the power cable) and continue a download where I left off. I know it continues in power saving mode but I will unplug it.

Can I turn off my Xbox one completely(unplug the power cable) and continue a download where I left off. I know it continues in power saving mode but I will unplug it.

Yup. Go to my games and apps and pause the download first just to be on the safe side

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seeing discussions of the Elite pad which is handy, cause I was coming on to ask about it. Notice its out of stock in all the Argos' near me though :(

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seeing discussions of the Elite pad which is handy, cause I was coming on to ask about it. Notice its out of stock in all the Argos' near me though :(

Think GameStop have them. Game.co.UK is where I got mine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement