Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

With the new update,is there a way to view how many people are in your friends party like you could before? (or could you?,maybe it was only on the 360 you do that).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    With the new update,is there a way to view how many people are in your friends party like you could before? (or could you?,maybe it was only on the 360 you do that).

No, not yet, apparently it'll be in an upcoming update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

To anyone that played the rainbow 6 beta, it's back up. This time with 3 maps and different game modes. Just reinstall it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

To anyone that played the rainbow 6 beta, it's back up. This time with 3 maps and different game modes. Just reinstall it.

Think it runs till Monday

Forget who was asking about the new chatpads recently and couldn't find one, Amazon UK are listing them now for Pre-Order for Dec. 4th release £32 GBP so pretty expensive when you factor most phones and laptops can use smartglass for the same thing and have an much nicer inline messaging interface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Forget who was asking about the new chatpads recently and couldn't find one, Amazon UK are listing them now for Pre-Order for Dec. 4th release £32 GBP so pretty expensive when you factor most phones and laptops can use smartglass for the same thing and have an much nicer inline messaging interface.

€34.99 at the MS Store.

Just received it today, after ordering on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Crazy thing to ask if i get one of them headset aptaotors for the xbox one can i play the sound from the TV out trow them when plugged into the controller ?. As i have extremely good pair of headphones and they should do the job i hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Crazy thing to ask if i get one of them headset aptaotors for the xbox one can i play the sound from the TV out trow them when plugged into the controller ?. As i have extremely good pair of headphones and they should do the job i hope.

Yeah the headset adapter will pump the game/xbox audio through it.

It's 25 in argos, for the extra 20 you might as well get the newer controller with the 3.5mm port built in: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4159775/Trail/searchtext%3ECOVERT+FORCES.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

it would play any sound coming from the Xbox

so if you had your upc/sky box plugged in the sound will work

i would also have a think about buying the new controller which has the 3.5mm jack can be got for 45 in argos
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4159775/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CXbox+One%7C37328270/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328270%7CXbox+One+controllers+and+steering%7C37328807.htm

while the adapter is 25

Great minds think alike eh dunworth ;)

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Great minds think alike eh dunworth ;)

indeed they do :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'm looking to pick up the Elite console bundle but can only see it in GameStop for €499.
    Anyone seen one elsewhere?

I'm looking to pick up the Elite console bundle but can only see it in GameStop for €499.
    Anyone seen one elsewhere?

Don't think it gets cheaper than that. Same price across all the Amazons too:https://www.curiua.com/dp/B014R04IC4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Don't think it gets cheaper than that. Same price across all the Amazons too:https://www.curiua.com/dp/B014R04IC4

Yeah saw that. The US got a 50$ reduction for Black Friday week and I thought we were supposed to get it here too.

I'm looking to pick up the Elite console bundle but can only see it in GameStop for €499. Anyone seen one elsewhere?

It's gamestop exclusive here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Is it just me or are the play backs on uploaded game clips very jittery? I try to watch some game clips uploaded by friends and they start/stop alot of the time. Just me?

logik wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the play backs on uploaded game clips very jittery? I try to watch some game clips uploaded by friends and they start/stop alot of the time. Just me?

yeah, they can be, seem like the audio goes out of sync a lot too.

• Does anyone have the patch details for the OS update that was released?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Noob question......

Is there any hardware issues that plagued early editions of the XB360?

and if everything seems stable, has there been any updates to hardware?
    ie: Are the 1TB editions still the same processors/graphics capabilities as the 500GB variant?

• Advertisement

Noob question......

Is there any hardware issues that plagued early editions of the XB360?

and if everything seems stable, has there been any updates to hardware?
    ie: Are the 1TB editions still the same processors/graphics capabilities as the 500GB variant?

Assume you meant xbox one yeah?

The only issue for some early models was the disc drive being faulty. Anyone who had faulty drive would/should have had it quickly replaced under warranty and were given a free game as an apology from Microsoft.

Apart from that, the xb1 is bulletproof. Microsoft learned from their overheating mistakes with the 360.

All xb1s are the same, only difference being hard drive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

There were also widespread issues with the 1st gen controllers but they seem to have been sorted, and that elite console with the sshd will benefit from slightly lower power consumption and quicker boot time (not that it's any slouch as standard)

A rocksolid console really, actually all of them seem to be fairly on point this time around.

Finally got an elite controller yesterday. These things really are fantastic, just the weight and feel of it in your hand screams quality. I think, like many others have said, it has probably ruined the standard controllers for me now.

Sold out pretty much everywhere, I had to keep re-reserving the last 1 in Argos for nearly a week whilst I waited on funds to clear from my paypal :P

But if anyone is interested in one, Amazon.fr have them in stock, €162 with delivery to Ireland: http://www.amazon.fr/Manette-sans-Elite-pour-Xbox/dp/B00ZV0NH40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448563958&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one+elite+controller

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    Sold out pretty much everywhere, I had to keep re-reserving the last 1 in Argos for nearly a week whilst I waited on funds to clear from my paypal

Quick tip; phone Argos and they extend a reservation for up to a week

Finally got an elite controller yesterday. These things really are fantastic, just the weight and feel of it in your hand screams quality. I think, like many others have said, it has probably ruined the standard controllers for me now.

Sold out pretty much everywhere, I had to keep re-reserving the last 1 in Argos for nearly a week whilst I waited on funds to clear from my paypal :P

But if anyone is interested in one, Amazon.fr have them in stock, €162 with delivery to Ireland: http://www.amazon.fr/Manette-sans-Elite-pour-Xbox/dp/B00ZV0NH40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448563958&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one+elite+controller

Congrats, myself and Emmet will be issuing your key to the executive penthouse shortly :D
    It's a great bit of stuff alright, I must start messing around with the longer thumbsticks over the weekend and see how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Congrats, myself and Emmet will be issuing your key to the executive penthouse shortly :D
    It's a great bit of stuff alright, I must start messing around with the longer thumbsticks over the weekend and see how I get on

Mickroo also joined the club with Bag and a few others being early adoptors.

I think a lot of us who play together actually have one now.

I'd say Microsoft are laughing all the way to the bank. But like Misky said the Elite has ruined regular controllers for me. I hope all new Microsoft consoles will lauch with an Elite option !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They're up on amazon uk now, selling fast. My wife just ordered mine for my Xmas pressie.

See here.

EDIT: Sold out again, back up to crazy prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Good pickup and play game? My wife is getting me Tomb Raider for Christmas and my Mum wants to get me a game too. Don't want two story driven games. Any suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement