Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,142 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Good pickup and play game? My wife is getting me Tomb Raider for Christmas and my Mum wants to get me a game too. Don't want two story driven games. Any suggestions?

Forza 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Good pickup and play game? My wife is getting me Tomb Raider for Christmas and my Mum wants to get me a game too. Don't want two story driven games. Any suggestions?

Star Wars Battlefront!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

son getting Fifa 16 for bday Friday
    just wondering if there has been the inevitable patch and roughly what size ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Got the router/ gateway for the broadband moved to within six inches of the Xbox from the other end of the house and tryed to hard wired it in but can't find were to set it up, done a network test on the Wi-Fi and my speeds are worse now then before I moved it, any advice im really surprised at this I expected it to improve it also Nat has changed from open to moderate now and now to strict all in a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

tripperman wrote: »
    Got the router/ gateway for the broadband moved to within six inches of the Xbox from the other end of the house and tryed to hard wired it in but can't find were to set it up, done a network test on the Wi-Fi and my speeds are worse now then before I moved it, any advice im really surprised at this I expected it to improve it also Nat has changed from open to moderate now and now to strict all in a few minutes

Once you plug a network cable in its automatically on wired. You can check in the network page. If your nat was open on wireless it should also be open on wired on the same router. Try knocking everything g off for 30 seconds and restarting router and console.

• Advertisement

Once you plug a network cable in its automatically on wired. You can check in the network page. If your nat was open on wireless it should also be open on wired on the same router. Try knocking everything g off for 30 seconds and restarting router and console.

Yeah I have wired connection up now, I had to turn off wireless and reboot, but still strict Nat and slower speeds then before,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

tripperman wrote: »
    Yeah I have wired connection up now, I had to turn off wireless and reboot, but still strict Nat and slower speeds then before,

Same network? Weird. Have you looked into opening your ports? Google your router model and port forwarding and also the ports you need for Xbox one. It's straight forward enough and you should find an exact guide for your router.

Same network? Weird. Have you looked into opening your ports? Google your router model and port forwarding and also the ports you need for Xbox one. It's straight forward enough and you should find an exact guide for your router.

Yeah same network and same router which is really surprising, I remember changing the Nat before,I'll try that again first thing tomorrow thanks bishop

New Quantum Break trailer at TGA:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Rocket League is on it's way in Feb 2016.

It's a great game, pretty much the only thing i play on PS4 and my GOTY, wish there was cross play between PS4 and Xbox One, that would set off a decent flame war!

Just got an invite for the Doom Alpha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

emmetkenny wrote: »

I only applied for one thus morning and no email yet, when does it start?

I only applied for one thus morning and no email yet, when does it start?

Email says 10pm Eastern Time yesterday but I think that was for downloads.

Looks like servers are live on Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Where does one apply for this Alpha?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

emmetkenny wrote: »

Just applied for one there now. This game looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Rocket League is on it's way in Feb 2016.

It's a great game, pretty much the only thing i play on PS4 and my GOTY, wish there was cross play between PS4 and Xbox One, that would set off a decent flame war!

Fantastic news, I've been dying to play Rocket League.

Doom alpha is from 3rd - ends sunday night i think.

I have a spare key if anyone wants it.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Doom alpha is from 3rd - ends sunday night i think.

I have a spare key if anyone wants it.

I would like it if you still have it please :)

I would like it if you still have it please

Sure no problem ill send to you as soon as i get a chance ok

• Advertisement

Thanks, much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

I also have a spare key for Doom. Have exams starting on Tuesday so I won't be using it

Edit: Gone

Thanks got it sorted bishop, when I changed to wired it give the Xbox 1 a new ip address, so I just changed the ip address back to what it was and opened one port that had changed, done reset of all as you said and its working fine and up to full broadband speed,

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

I've a spare Doom Alpha key. Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

I've a spare Doom Alpha key. Any takers?

Me pls

Me pls

check your inbox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Thank you:-)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,299 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How big is the download for the alpha? I have a key but not sure Ill have time to actually avail if it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How big is the download for the alpha? I have a key but not sure Ill have time to actually avail if it.

It's only 5.3GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 jamescook

Hi is there anyone here using threes all you can eat unlimited data? It works fine for everything except the 360, it disconnects from live after about 10 minutes and then cuts out every couple of minutes after that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement