Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Had it free on the 360 after cousin threatened to cancel the lot.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Oh yeah I think they give you Sky Go Extra for free if you have multi-room alright :)

The app seems to have an ITV & Channel 5 player built in too but it isn't working for me even with the sky go extra subscription. So it's probably region locked and will work by changing router DNS like people do for the BBC Player.

Which leads me to think itv & channel 5 player are free to use.

They're all on the 360 version but are region locked. It doesn't tailor the EPG based on region.

Any one that's using it, how does it compare to the 360 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They're all on the 360 version but are region locked. It doesn't tailor the EPG based on region.

Any one that's using it, how does it compare to the 360 version?

Yeah so like I said, can be unlocked by changing DNS in router settings like people do for BBC player etc....

I haven't used the 360 version since 2013 but this XB1 version is a lot different than the 360 version I remember. It looks nice, streams in some sort of HD pretty good. Only fault I've found so far is if I start to watch a movie, don't finish it. Come back later to watch it, it isn't there like netflix to resume straight from the menu. I have to go search for the movie again, then click resume.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Where did they say there would be a new batch in December, sorry I don't see news for that anywhere?

Also, the list on Wikipedia has Bomberman live and a few others as announced for BC but not yet released.

My missus will go crazy playing if the Bomberman online community is resurrected.

Mike Ybarra tweeted it.

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/672811074773585920

• Registered Users Posts: 28,141 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah so like I said, can be unlocked by changing DNS in router settings like people do for BBC player etc....

I haven't used the 360 version since 2013 but this XB1 version is a lot different than the 360 version I remember. It looks nice, streams in some sort of HD pretty good. Only fault I've found so far is if I start to watch a movie, don't finish it. Come back later to watch it, it isn't there like netflix to resume straight from the menu. I have to go search for the movie again, then click resume.

Can you watch live TV on it or just access the on demand features ?

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Black Ops & Bioshock series isn't it. Anything else I wonder :)

Edit: found the original pic, Skate 3, Halo Reach & Halo wars too.

Looking-Forward-V2-569x320.png

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Can you watch live TV on it or just access the on demand features ?

Yeah you can watch live tv.

On the top horizontal menu it goes "Home - On Now - Catch Up - Sky Box Sets - Sky Movies"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,141 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah you can watch live tv.

On the top horizontal menu it goes "Home - On Now - Catch Up - Sky Box Sets - Sky Movies"

Perfect. Thanks man !!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Delighted to see rocket league is getting an Xbox one release, http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2015/12/04/rocket-league-coming-to-xbox-one

Looks like great fun, here is a review from lord karnage of classic game room, https://youtu.be/qnqL5zRRjP8

"High-tech fitting rooms have been around for quite some time, but most of the gear stays inside a retail location.

However, Xbox One owners can now have a personal setup in the comforts of their living room. Thanks to a new shopping app called The Mall, the console's Kinect motion-tracking camera and the software's virtual wardrobe tech drives the in-home fittings.

Launching with the help of Von Bismark, a Dublin-based television e-commerce company and veteran of Microsoft Ventures, the shopping platform allows Xbox users to browse for new clothes before standing in front of their TV to try them on in real time."

A bit random but there you go, it's on U.S store only I think.

• Advertisement

Black Ops & Bioshock series isn't it. Anything else I wonder :)

Edit: found the original pic, Skate 3, Halo Reach & Halo wars too.

Looking-Forward-V2-569x320.png

The Witcher 2 is confirmed to come too minus a date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

http://123kinect.com/the-mall-on-xbox-one-shopping-app-released-us/51790/
    New Xbox One store allows people to “try on” their favourite outfit and purchase it in a matter of seconds using the innovative PowaTag platform

Try on clothes using your kinect. Coming to UK in February, presume that means Ireland too?

Ironic that the PowaTag app is not available on Windows Phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Does my bum look big in this Kinect??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

The Division Alpha is working now for anyone who has access.

Oh shiit just received a The Division alpha key. Starts the 9th :D

Classic Ubisoft so far. All hype, minimum delivery.

Disappointed in my first hour's play. First thing noticeable is the graphics, it's far from the premiere video from E3 15 or so years ago. The World is still beautiful & snowy but lacks a lot of that lovely crispiness & textures seem pretty flat. Draw distance is terrible, I have to be pretty much on top of flags on the wall etc. sometimes before the textures render.

Just a few notes I wrote down whilst playing so far:

Abilities:3 branches Medical, Tech & Security. The following are the first abilities for each branch. They're all (base) and can be upgraded in their own right.

Medical: Pulse "Sends out a recon pulse that marks hostiles and allies through walls and covers"

Tech: Sticky Bomb: "Fire a bomb that sticks to most surfaces and explodes when detonated remotely"

Security: Ballistic shield "Equips a portable Ballistic Shield that absorbs damage. The user can only use their sidearm while the shield is active"

- You can see other real players in your game World similar as in Destiny.

- Not all bodies can be looted, just a few and they seem to only have 1 item so far.

- Alpha start mission is to find your base 900 or so metres away, which involves killing a few enemies (maybe 7) which then unlocks a big base which seems well established already with vendors & such.

- Game is largely cover based, running from cover to cover by pointing at it & holding A to follow through.

- You can't pause the game

- Leaning left & right by pressing LS. You first have to aim left before aiming right by pressing LS again which is far from intuitive.

Vendors: Mods, Gear, Weapons, Rewards Claim.

My equipment so far: Navy MP-5 N, Military M9, Protective Armor (Body Armor), Protective Pack (Backpack), Guard kneepads, Protective Holster, Protective Gloves, Civilian Gas Mask.

My next mission is to recover a doctor for my medical wing (by going to another point & killing more enemies)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Classic Ubisoft so far. All hype, minimum delivery.

Disappointed in my first hour's play. First thing noticeable is the graphics, it's far from the premiere video from E3 15 or so years ago. The World is still beautiful & snowy but lacks a lot of that lovely crispiness & textures seem pretty flat. Draw distance is terrible, I have to be pretty much on top of flags on the wall etc. sometimes before the textures render.

The thing to remember is that this is an Alpha (not even a Beta). For this, Ubisoft have not optimised the graphics, etc. This is mainly about getting multiplayer data - what classes are most popular, which weapons are overpowered, where are there choke points or check the heatmap for deaths in maps, etc.

When the Beta comes around early next year, the graphics and such will be tweaked more and more gameplay modes or weapons available. Then by the time it comes to release, it will be highly polished. (True, it could end up being highly polished and shallow - but it's definitely just a Work in Progress at this stage)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

Just got to the first base, I liked the little that I played so far and to be honest I've played games that were not as good when fully released so considering there's still months before this gets released. I won't get to play any more of it until tomorrow night because I have training in Dublin tomorrow, typical that this is available on one of my busiest weeks so I'll be lucky if I get to play more than 2-3 hours of it.

The thing to remember is that this is an Alpha (not even a Beta). For this, Ubisoft have not optimised the graphics, etc. This is mainly about getting multiplayer data - what classes are most popular, which weapons are overpowered, where are there choke points or check the heatmap for deaths in maps, etc.

I'm well aware of that but this is Ubisoft we're talking about. They don't exactly have a class record of delivering the hype they promise.

My comments are of course based on an Alpha & everyone should be aware of this without it needing pointing out.

• The Witcher 2 is confirmed to come too minus a date.

Surely there is a date set in stone for these titles?

I swore Microsoft stated they would be out before the end of the year.

My next mission is to recover a doctor for my medical wing (by going to another point & killing more enemies)

Well turns out that was the second & last mission in the Alpha.

I got a message on screen:

"Congratulations!

Thank you for playing this far! But you don't have to stop now!

While there are no more main missions or Base of Operation upgrades available in the Alpha, there is still plenty to do in the World - especially in the Darkzone!

You will find the greatest challenges, the best gear and plenty of other playes inside the Darkzone. Just head east. We'll see you on the inside.

-The Developers"

Time to try out "The Darkzone" I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Well turns out that was the second & last mission in the Alpha.

I got a message on screen:

Time to try out "The Darkzone" I guess.

Can you kill and loot other players.

I know. I know. I am such a nice person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I'm well aware of that but this is Ubisoft we're talking about. They don't exactly have a class record of delivering the hype they promise.

My comments are of course based on an Alpha & everyone should be aware of this without it needing pointing out.

Very true ubisoft have a history of Molineux-ing their games (we're looking at you, Watch Dogs :))

Can you kill and loot other players.

I know. I know. I am such a nice person.

In the starting area, you can't take out your guns. There's vendors & matchmaking, stuff like that.

One guy you go up to you can change it from Free Roaming to Dark Zone. I changed it to the Dark Zone then continued into the city, I think with this mode enabled I can kill any other players and they can kill me, DayZ shytle.

I still have to find someone to confirm tho :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Can't wait to get home and play this.

Very true ubisoft have a history of Molineux-ing their games (we're looking at you, Watch Dogs :))

Yeah that's what most people including myself really don't want to happen.

On a positive note. Once I got used to the controls I did enjoy the game & moving around the city felt good, nice & fluid.

I replayed the 1 mission where I had to rescue the doctor for my medical wing in co-op mode with 3 randomers and it was fun.

I can't really find anything to do apart from that tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Loving it so far. Three of us went into the Darkzones last night and it's some craic . Basically just kill it be killed if you see someone with a hazard bag hanging off them. Manage to extract some nice gear. Very addicting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Loving it so far. Three of us went into the Darkzones last night and it's some craic . Basically just kill it be killed if you see someone with a hazard bag hanging off them. Manage to extract some nice gear. Very addicting.

Really looking forward to this, there's a lot of PC games with the same mechanics but they generally lack polish and 90% are either mods or early access games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I got the Alpha downloading yesterday so I will be trying it out today when I get home from work!
    Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

It honestly feels too watchdog-gy for me
    I see huge commonality in gameplay and in the graphics - I know its an alpha, but it feels like someone just reskinned watchdogs and removed all the cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Are the NAT setting problems lies? Trying to play fifa and up pops the warning about my settings being strict. Set up portforwarding so it's open now all my opponents seem to have strict or moderate settings. Never had this with the 360.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement