Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Beginning to doubt there will be an BC titles added this month.

I'd say an announcement is the most we will get and then some new titles in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Beginning to doubt there will be an BC titles added this month.

I'd say an announcement is the most we will get and then some new titles in January.
    We're not even halfway through month, give them a chance, eh? :)

We already know the headline games this month, (Halo Reach, Bioshock, black ops) so I'd say they will announce next week in a final push for last-minute Christmas sales and as a welcome to new Xbox One owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,141 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We already know the headline games this month, (Halo Reach, Bioshock, black ops) so I'd say they will announce next week in a final push for last-minute Christmas sales and as a welcome to new Xbox One owners.

Was it all the BioShock this month? Man I loved the first two. Infinite came out with a few others I wanted at the same time and I never picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

True, its early but there are normally a few leaks, there is nothing so far.

Edit: somone on reddit believes the BC announcement is next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    somone on reddit believes the BC announcement is next week.
    That's not me, honest :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres a question.
    I use my Gaming Pc as a media player,Skygo,netflix,Kodi etc.

Just something that came to mind.With the new game streaming on XB1.Could I stream to this pc and then play xb1 games in a different room?

Its a decent spec`d pc with windows 8.1 16gb ram.7970 graphics card.

Does it have to be Windows 10 to stream to.

Just a random thought.My xb1 is in the room next door and the TV is usually in use so my gaming time can be limited.

If I could stream to this PC Id have a lot more free gaming time.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Heres a question.
    I use my Gaming Pc as a media player,Skygo,netflix,Kodi etc.

Just something that came to mind.With the new game streaming on XB1.Could I stream to this pc and then play xb1 games in a different room?

Its a decent spec`d pc with windows 8.1 16gb ram.7970 graphics card.

Does it have to be Windows 10 to stream to.

Just a random thought.My xb1 is in the room next door and the TV is usually in use so my gaming time can be limited.

If I could stream to this PC Id have a lot more free gaming time.

Has to be windows 10 as far as I know unless there is some kind of work around. It's done through the Xbox app in windows 10. So you plug in the controller via usb on the pc and use the play here option on the app when selecting a game.

Also the spec of the PC really isn't the be all and end all of it, network performance is more important, all the actual heavy lifting is done on the xbox side PC just displays the output like most other streaming

Runs well on my PC which your PC would laugh at :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Has to be windows 10 as far as I know unless there is some kind of work around. It's done through the Xbox app in windows 10. So you plug in the controller via usb on the pc and use the play here option on the app when selecting a game.

Also the spec of the PC really isn't the be all and end all of it, network performance is more important, all the actual heavy lifting is done on the xbox side PC just displays the output like most other streaming

Thanks for that.Had a feeling it was Windows 10 only..kinda knew as I was typing the post.Im cat 5`d here all the way..didi it when renovating the house so network wont be an issue.

Im still too nervous to upgrade my Gaming machine to Windows 10 in case I loose everything.Ill have to do it soon though.Maybe nows the time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Was it all the BioShock this month? Man I loved the first two. Infinite came out with a few others I wanted at the same time and I never picked it up.

Yep, all the Bioshocks are available in the next bc announcement from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere. Ive just downloaded the Sky App for the Xbox One but when I try and change station it just says an error has occurred try later. The only station working is sky news which it defaults too.

Anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

joe123 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere. Ive just downloaded the Sky App for the Xbox One but when I try and change station it just says an error has occurred try later. The only station working is sky news which it defaults too.

Anyone any ideas?

Have you got a Sky Go Extra subscription? It's £5 per month extra or you get it free if you have multiroom with them.

Sky could make a bob or two here if they let people just sub to this and not a full sky package. Hell they could even take away all the live stuff as I rarely watch anything other than the news on live TV. Depending on what content they offered I'd be willing to part with 10-20 a month , anything is better than what Irish netflix has on offer for the most part, actually even US one is is not worth a proxy these days.

Sky could make a bob or two here if they let people just sub to this and not a full sky package. Hell they could even take away all the live stuff as I rarely watch anything other than the news on live TV. Depending on what content they offered I'd be willing to part with 10-20 a month , anything is better than what Irish netflix has on offer for the most part, actually even US one is is not worth a proxy these days.

They do, it's called Now TV. It's still Sky stupid prices: http://www.nowtv.com/

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    They do, it's called Now TV. It's still Sky stupid prices: http://www.nowtv.com/

Yeah as usual we are too small to license content for, there was a move at EU level during the year to do something about the digital licensing borders so I hope something comes of it.

Does anyone know if the Now TV app will work in Ireland?

They have a 14 day feee trial but dont know if it will work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

I used NOW TV to get a one day pass on Sky Sports previously. Need to download it from the UK app store, and think you need a UK billing address if memory serves.

So its not geo locked based on IP but on billing information.

Think they are planning to offer it in Ireland soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Hi guys. My Seagate external hard drive stays on even when the xbox is fully shut down. Light is on and drive is audible. Is this normal?

I'm guessing its somehow related to the fact that you can charge your controller when xbox is fully shutdown. Is there a charging setting somewhere I can try switching off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

wrt40 wrote: »
    Hi guys. My Seagate external hard drive stays on even when the xbox is fully shut down. Light is on and drive is audible. Is this normal?

I'm guessing its somehow related to the fact that you can charge your controller when xbox is fully shutdown. Is there a charging setting somewhere I can try switching off?

1.Yes
    2.Dont think so,just plug it out of the wall socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The Xbox isn't fully shut down by the sounds of it so, its on instant on rather than powered off fully. Assuming the hdd doesn't have en external power source you can just go into settings-power & startup and check the 'turn off storage when Xbox is off' button.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

By default the Xbox One is set to provide power to all USB ports after it has powered off.

Go to Settings>Power & Startup and check Turn off storage when Xbox is off.

If you ever want to use instant on power mode remember to enable this setting.

• Advertisement

Anyone happen to have a Gears of War 2 code to trade for a Rainbow Six Vegas code? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Quick question, downloading the latest system update update but its so slow, ( should be 40 mins, 2 hours gone and only 32% download,) is there a risk if I turn the console off now and start again

Hococop wrote: »
    Quick question, downloading the latest system update update but its so slow, ( should be 40 mins, 2 hours gone and only 32% download,) is there a risk if I turn the console off now and start again

I definitely wouldn't recommend it anyway.

Did you do it? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I definitely wouldn't recommend it anyway.

Did you do it? :P

Nope wont risk it unless I knew it was OK to do, at 41% now and 2 and half hours downloading, what should only be 40 minutes, maybe the bad weather over the last week has slowed my bb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I started downloading Elder Scroll last night at 9pm, at the moment it is at 89% completion :/

I started downloading Elder Scroll last night at 9pm, at the moment it is at 89% completion :/

It's massive, think like 56gb.

Did you buy it or just playing the free time because I think it ends today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Well thats the kick in the nuts, Its 65GB, I went to play as it said I could start playing and when I started it, it said the free play was over :(

Yes, definetly a risk. Not advisable at all.

Nope wont risk it unless I knew it was OK to do, at 41% now and 2 and half hours downloading, what should only be 40 minutes, maybe the bad weather over the last week has slowed my bb

You can only dl what MS upload at. Try resetting your router.

• Advertisement

Anybody getting Ark?
    It's out now via the early access program. 24gb initial download with an 18gb update on first launch.

You get to play 1 hour free to try before you buy. It's been a big hit on PC since it launched last year. Currently €35 on Irish store or 18 via Russia. Price will more than likely go up to 60/70 for full release next summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement