Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is the 1tb edition worth the extra €50? Looking to find a decent bundle, after holding off last month. Got a €200 voucher from work, which will take a good chuck off the price. Missed the bundle Argos had yesterday (included Forza and Fallout 4 for €350), so trying to see what the best bundle is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Kiith wrote: »
    Is the 1tb edition worth the extra €50? Looking to find a decent bundle, after holding off last month. Got a €200 voucher from work, which will take a good chuck off the price. Missed the bundle Argos had yesterday (included Forza and Fallout 4 for €350), so trying to see what the best bundle is.

It's €50 for 500gb really so I'd say no. I'd say you'd be better off putting an extra €35 towards that 50 and getting a true extra 2TB: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%252C%2BPCs%2Band%2Bphones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7C19780850%7CHard%2Bdrives%252C%2BUSBs%2Band%2Bdata%2Bstorage%7C14419053/c_3/4%7Ccat_14419053%7CPortable%2Bhard%2Bdrives%7C14419054.htm

Also, if i got the bundle with a digital copy of Fifa, can i sell that on, or is it pre-installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Also, if i got the bundle with a digital copy of Fifa, can i sell that on, or is it pre-installed?

Its a code on a sheet of card, that triggers a download, you can sell it on alright, but only via adverts or similar, CEX etc wont take it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,299 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Anybody getting Ark?
    It's out now via the early access program. 24gb initial download with an 18gb update on first launch.

You get to play 1 hour free to try before you buy. It's been a big hit on PC since it launched last year. Currently €35 on Irish store or 18 via Russia. Price will more than likely go up to 60/70 for full release next summer.

I downloaded it but just going to try the free hour before I commit. I love the idea of it but doesn't sound worth it unless there's be a good few of us playing it.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I downloaded it but just going to try the free hour before I commit. I love the idea of it but doesn't sound worth it unless there's be a good few of us playing it.

Was thinking the same thing, sounds like it could be a bit of fun with a group but I shudder at the thought of playing with randoms. :pac:

Edit: Just watching the video Misky posted, at around 3:15 I bet whoever recorded that didn't make the jump from the looks of how it cut to the next bit :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,299 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was thinking the same thing, sounds like it could be a bit of fun with a group but I shudder at the thought of playing with randoms. :pac:

Apparently you can set up private servers on it like on PC but it would require someone making their xbox a full time server or something.

Apparently you can set up private servers on it like on PC but it would require someone making their xbox a full time server or something.

Can't imagine that will work on consoles surely? How many players per instance / shard?

I was expecting it to be more like neverwinter / mmo set up, even destiny where you have an over world instance with a capped number of players think I read 100 on pc??? and then when you move to a main quest / story zone it's only grouped players that go or you queue ?

I'll hold off till I see some more footage from xbox , anything they have released surprised me in terms of stuff I would have expected to see on the hud and it not to be there like chat in the lower left for example. Maybe I got the wrong idea about this.

Can't imagine that will work on consoles surely? How many players per instance / shard?

I was expecting it to be more like neverwinter / mmo set up, even destiny where you have an over world instance with a capped number of players think I read 100 on pc??? and then when you move to a main quest / story zone it's only grouped players that go or you queue ?

I'll hold off till I see some more footage from xbox , anything they have released surprised me in terms of stuff I would have expected to see on the hud and it not to be there like chat in the lower left for example. Maybe I got the wrong idea about this.

I was under the impression there isn't really a story, that it's just a sand box survival game where you start off with nothing and try and build your way up.

I'm having a look through the subreddit now to see what people think and get an idea what the story is with servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,140 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was under the impression there isn't really a story, that it's just a sand box survival game where you start off with nothing and try and build your way up.

I'm having a look through the subreddit now to see what people think and get an idea what the story is with servers.

Mick you can have pet dinosaurs. I'm all over this :D

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Mick you can have pet dinosaurs. I'm all over this :D

You have to tame them first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs you say?
    I am so in!

You have to tame them first!

I'll through them some meat or something it'll be grand.

I'll call my TRex 'Stumpy' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Played about 40 minutes of the trial a lot to do, making sure you have food found it hard to figure out the controls, couldn't figure out how to un-equip the axe, or equip clothes head recker

FÚCKING YES!

Plex is now free to use for everyboy on XB1 & PS4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone know cheapest most reliable site for xbox live sub??

anyone know cheapest most reliable site for xbox live sub??

Cdkeys as always.

There is a separate thread for Live Codes/Points

More backwards compatible titles to be announced today, according to everyones favourite old duffer, major nelson.

Are the BC games released digitally, or do you need the disc?

Are the BC games released digitally, or do you need the disc?

if you own them digitally - as in you bought them from games on demand, they'll be fully digital on xbox one.

If you have em on disc, you put the disc in the drive, and it downloads a digital (backwards compatible) copy to your xb1, but to play it, you need to have the original disc in the drive for authentication

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

More backwards compatible titles to be announced today, according to everyones favourite old duffer, major nelson.

Here is the list:

Braid
    DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION
    Doritos Crash Course
    Fable III
    Halo: Reach
    Hydro Thunder
    Iron Brigade
    Kane & Lynch 2
    Motocross Madness
    MS. PAC-MAN
    Peggle
    Portal: Still Alive
    Spelunky
    Splosion Man
    Ticket to Ride
    Zuma’s Revenge!

How do they pick some of this crap. Ticket to Ride gets in and Bomberman Live doesn't. WHAT!

WTF happened Black Ops & Bioshocks!? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

And Skyrim :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Reach is €6 in cex

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

ubdlvdmpodqhnipabjeb.jpg

And Skyrim :mad:

Surely Doritos Crash Course is more than enough to keep ye occupied.

YES! Kane and Lynch 2!

said no one, ever.

I must surf over to reddit, this is gonna be good......

Apparently Doritos Crash Course is delisted and any servers are shut down too.

• Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Here is the list:

Braid
    DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION
    Doritos Crash Course
    Fable III
    Halo: Reach
    Hydro Thunder
    Iron Brigade
    Kane & Lynch 2
    Motocross Madness
    MS. PAC-MAN
    Peggle
    Portal: Still Alive
    Spelunky
    Splosion Man
    Ticket to Ride
    Zuma’s Revenge!

How do they pick some of this crap. Ticket to Ride gets in and Bomberman Live doesn't. WHAT!

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm treating these like achievements and my ready to install list on my one like a trophy case. #brightside :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement