Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really happy with this month's games. Have Iron Brigade, Fable 3, Hydro Thunder, Splosion Man, Braid, Ms Pacman, Spelunky and Portal. Will pick up Deus Ex eventually too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If I'm being 100% honest, when any game I own becomes available via back compat, I'll download it as soon as I get home, then never play it. ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I have the orange box, will I be able to play portal on that or do they have to make the orange box compatible for me to play

Rorok wrote: »
    I have the orange box, will I be able to play portal on that or do they have to make the orange box compatible for me to play

They were 2 separate games, the BC one is Portal: Still Alive which was available on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hmmm, I am wondering will Black Ops 1 be a Games with gold title. Highly unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Xbox live down for anyone? Can't access my digital titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Xbox live down for anyone? Can't access my digital titles.

Yep. Just checking boards to see if anyone else was having issues.

We are having trouble connecting to xbox........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭irishchris

Buttros wrote: »
    Yep. Just checking boards to see if anyone else was having issues.

We are having trouble connecting to xbox........

Same here

An early Christmas present from these?
    http://fortune.com/2015/12/17/holiday-hackers-threaten-xbox-live-psn/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,140 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm on and playing Destiny.

irishchris wrote: »
    Same here

Read about these idiots during the week :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭irishchris

Read about these idiots during the week :mad:

Yes unfortunately there are fools like this in the world with little to worry about but annoying people.

Same here

Jaysus not again, another couple eegits saying they're fighting over something that's actually pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I was under the impression there isn't really a story, that it's just a sand box survival game where you start off with nothing and try and build your way up.

I'm having a look through the subreddit now to see what people think and get an idea what the story is with servers.

There is/will be a story. The 'end goal' at the moment is to defeat the broodmother. You need to collect shards from a bunch of caves dotted around the Island. Each cave has it's own ecosystem to compete with. Its very much an early access game. There will be alot more high tech stuff in the game with more story added apparently.

I was a day one adopter on PC and put in about 140 hours into it (I dont spend much time on one game anymore so 140 hours is like 1000 hours for someone else to be honest). I eventually stopped as I'd seen it all at that stage but will start playing again eventually. I'm not sure how great it's going to be on Xbox with controls etc.. but it handled itself well on PC (control wise people had frame issues which needed optimising). I honestly couldn't recommend it more. The Devs are fantastic. Just check out the steam discussions with the updates they're bringing and read though their dossiers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'm online this end, no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm still getting an error code. So annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Why, just why in the hell is the media player and TV app connected to Xbox live and not stand alone.....

Edit, why has it BEEN CHANGED that media player needs to be connected to live because there have been outages both on live and my internet connection and I could stream from NAS using media player perfectly!

:mad:

GAAman wrote: »
    Why, just why in the hell is the media player and TV app connected to Xbox live and not stand alone.....

Edit, why has it BEEN CHANGED that media player needs to be connected to live because there have been outages both on live and my internet connection and I could stream from NAS using media player perfectly!

:mad:

Will Plex play nice with your NAS? If so you should look into it since the app went free on xbox

Edit: well f that , plex also need live to work. going to try xbox off line and see offline works.

EDIT: Oh yeah you can't just be disconnected from live it puts the xbox fully off line when you do that. They need to have a setting like phones and tablets have , that it can still interact with the local network if live is down or oyu disconnect it from live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Same here

Not this crap again last year was a torture having to listen to family complaining, I just want sit back and enjoy my gameing at Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pain in the arse lastnight.

Reminder, if you go to settings>network>go offline you'll be able to play single player titles

(Although if you gameshare you'll be restricted to the titles owned by your friend)

Better than nothing though

maximoose wrote: »
    Pain in the arse lastnight.

Reminder, if you go to settings>network>go offline you'll be able to play single player titles

(Although if you gameshare you'll be restricted to the titles owned by your friend)

Better than nothing though

Will that work if its a digital buy? Or a BC game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

BC I'm not sure, but I'd imagine so. I was playing digital purchases (purchased by gamesharing friend) last night with no issues

Wanted to play Tomb Raider but couldn't as my console wasn't "home".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads is halo 4 backwards compatible?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't think so as it's part of the MCC, although someone more knowledgeable would be able to say for definite.

Glad to see reach added. I think the 360 can now be fully handed over to the kids for Lego dimensions, Disney infinity and skylanders.

Would have liked to see Halo Wars added to the list as I am eager to play through it again but am guessing it's being saved for closer to the release of the sequel.

maximoose wrote: »
    BC I'm not sure, but I'd imagine so. I was playing digital purchases (purchased by gamesharing friend) last night with no issues

Wanted to play Tomb Raider but couldn't as my console wasn't "home".

I'm not actually set up to gameshare with anyone, I'll try a BC game and see if it works have the disk here found it last night and want play it over again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mike Ybarra (or Phil Spencer) has acknowledged that they need to be better at separating the apps from requiring Xbox Live, so that is in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can anyone compare skygo to the 360 version?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Issues again this evening? I'm trying to play titanfall and getting the same error as last night when trying to watch netflix

Could sign into Xbox live last night and if I went to play a game or an app I was getting an error and signed out, I know about the threatened hacking at Christmas as mentioned above yesterday, but has it started all ready??

If the hackers do get the servers down, does that mean we won't be able to downloaad new games, and play them (even if theyre disc)

• Advertisement

Rorok wrote: »
    If the hackers do get the servers down, does that mean we won't be able to downloaad new games, and play them (even if theyre disc)

If that happens put your console off line in network settings. Disc based games should be ok that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement