Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Please dont refer to these people as hackers and if you hear people call them hackers let them know there is 0 hacking involved in a DDOS attack.

It makes theses idiots appear smarter than they really are. They couldn't hack their way out of a paper bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I've had an Xbox all of three days. Day one was set aside for set up. Day two and three was basically a frustrating experience due to these attacks.

It has the potential to be a major commercial and image disaster for Microsoft if this impacts on their big digital sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,140 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

druss wrote: »
    I've had an Xbox all of three days. Day one was set aside for set up. Day two and three was basically a frustrating experience due to these attacks.

It has the potential to be a major commercial and image disaster for Microsoft if this impacts on their big digital sale.

How would it be an image disaster for Microsoft ? Unfortunately in this day and age these types of attacks are expected.

Look at Sony last year they were out much longer than Microsoft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I dont think it'll be too bad this year, they've already got in and Microsoft has 6 days to find out how they got in and what they did and reverse it

Rorok wrote: »
    I dont think it'll be too bad this year, they've already got in and Microsoft has 6 days to find out how they got in and what they did and reverse it

All they are doing is sending packets to the MS servers. Microsoft has a system that blocks bogus requests and then no longer allows receipt of packets from those computers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Has anyone tried the Xbox Year in Review?

Havta say, some of the stats seem weird. Says I've played 891 hours playing on Xbox Live this year and I've barely played my Xbox One in the last 6 months? Also says my most 'active' day was March 25th, which was a Wednesday when I would have been at work? Just seems a little off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How would it be an image disaster for Microsoft ? Unfortunately in this day and age these types of attacks are expected.

Look at Sony last year they were out much longer than Microsoft.

My own view is that being "always online" is more key to the MS persona/image than it is for Sony. If you're pitching as the more rounded, all-in solution, then online stability is key.

The Christmas sale is also reducing films and apps, is it not? Hence (and again my view!) I think it is much more negatively received if you cannot purchase or operate online.

B_Sharp wrote: »

Havta say, some of the stats seem weird. Says I've played 891 hours playing on Xbox Live this year and I've barely played my Xbox One in the last 6 months? Also says my most 'active' day was March 25th, which was a Wednesday when I would have been at work? Just seems a little off.

Mine seem to work out, most active day 29/11 when I got mas effect, most played game batman arkham knight,however for some reason its saying a minecraft achievement was most most valuable but I haven't played it in 2 yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Interesting observation. I have moved my Xbox rechargeable battery from my XB1 regular controller to my Elite Controller.

I seem to be getting way longer out of the battery in the Elite Controller. Anyone else with the Elite notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Interesting observation. I have moved my Xbox rechargeable battery from my XB1 regular controller to my Elite Controller.

I seem to be getting way longer out of the battery in the Elite Controller. Anyone else with the Elite notice this?

That's gas, I thought that myself but couldn't remember if I'd swapped the batteries or not (im using rechargeable AAs)

• Advertisement

B_Sharp wrote: »

Says I spent 3410 hours gaming this year, which even if I was playing a lot say 8 hours a day (which would be impossible for so many reason) would be over 425 days , so yeah those figures are accurate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Says I spent 3410 hours gaming this year, which even if I was playing a lot say 8 hours a day (which would be impossible for so many reason) would be over 425 days , so yeah those figures are accurate :D

I think they include the different timezones and the hours in China/USA.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well had a bad experience with Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5. Worked fine yesterday after I bought it but it would not boot today(kept hanging at activision logo) rang xbox support and they went through all the hoops. And made me deleted local data game file + update and after going through all that it still would not boot. Then found a video online saying create a guest account and then switch back to your own and that worked. Wish I found that video earlier as I live in the sticks and takes me hours to download updates and even days for large games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Well had a bad experience with Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5. Worked fine yesterday after I bought it but it would not boot today(kept hanging at activision logo) rang xbox support and they went through all the hoops. And made me deleted local data game file + update and after going through all that it still would not boot. Then found a video online saying create a guest account and then switch back to your own and that worked. Wish I found that video earlier as I live in the sticks and takes me hours to download updates and even days for large games.

i didn't think it was possible to have a good experience with that game, no matter what you did.

i didn't think it was possible to have a good experience with that game, no matter what you did.

The first two THPS5 levels were fine and I also played a user created level as well and it was also fine so I was shocked to find it would not boot today.

Whats the average price for a xbox controller so I know if I'm getting a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Whats the average price for a xbox controller so I know if I'm getting a bargain

New? Usually over 60 apart from the 1 covert forces one that was selling for 42ish in argos for ages.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    New? Usually over 60 apart from the 1 covert forces one that was selling for 42ish in argos for ages.

Thats sold out in all Argos near me, theres a normal one for €50 and a play and charge kit for free (normally €20) is that a good offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Thats sold out in all Argos near me, theres a normal one for €50 and a play and charge kit for free (normally €20) is that a good offer?

That's a great offer. The battery lasts ages

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3337684/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CXbox+One%7C37328270/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328270%7CXbox+One+controllers+and+steering%7C37328807.htm

• Advertisement

Thanks, I was afraid they brought the prices up just to bring them down slightly

It says when bought with this controller & HEADSET? but there is no headset mentioned, price also doesn't come up as play & charge kit free when adding both to the basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It says when bought with this controller & HEADSET? but there is no headset mentioned, price also doesn't come up as play & charge kit free when adding both to the basket.

Shows normal on my end. No mention of a headset. It's out of stock mostly but is orderable.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ended up picking up Deus Ex for €3 in CEX. I love backwards compatibility.

My power brick is really loud is this normal?

My power brick is really loud is this normal?

Is it plugged directly into a wall socket ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is it plugged directly into a wall socket ?

No extension lead.

No extension lead.

That's why. Plug it directly into a wall and it will be much quieter.

No extension lead.

Try plugging it into the wall socket. The One is not meant to be pugged into extension leads.

Mine used to be the same and made a really low but noticeable whirring sound.

Are you serious didn't think it would make any difference. I will try that so.

• Advertisement

Are you serious didn't think it would make any difference. I will try that so.

"Note If the PSU is making excessive noise, you might have a power strip or surge protector that is overloaded. Plug your PSU directly into a wall outlet and see if the problem persists."

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/accessories/about-power-supply

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement