Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

When playing BC titles on the ONE, with 2 profiles logged into the ONE before launching the game, anyone get this error before?

"Sorry, this profile can't connect to Xbox LIVE on this console. To fix it, download it again."

I can't really go messing with 360 settings, since there is no 360 present!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was playing Gears of War there earlier, and during some matches I got these messages from two players in the game. Can someone (or any fellow Gears players) translate them for me because I don't know what the hell they're on about......

Oyko4R3l.png
    aJgwZTpl.png

They left me really confused. Was I disrupting their boosting session, or what? It was a ranked game of Blitz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

They left me really confused. Was I disrupting their boosting session, or what? It was a ranked game of Blitz

Think they wanted you to boost with them.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Think they wanted you to boost with them.

I thought that at first, but what the hell does "no kill point" mean? I don't get messages on XBL, so this is so weird to me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Are you serious didn't think it would make any difference. I will try that so.

If you have other things plugged into the extension lead they can cause the console to not draw enough juice, so you hear that buzzing. Plug it in directly or unplug the other stuff on the extension lead until the buzzing stops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

If you have other things plugged into the extension lead they can cause the console to not draw enough juice, so you hear that buzzing. Plug it in directly or unplug the other stuff on the extension lead until the buzzing stops.

I wonder if putting it first in line on your extension lead would work?

I was playing Gears of War there earlier, and during some matches I got these messages from two players in the game. Can someone (or any fellow Gears players) translate them for me because I don't know what the hell they're on about......

Were there rings or capture points in that game mode ? They basically wanted to gain xp by capping rings.

Were there rings or capture points in that game mode ? They basically wanted to gain xp by capping rings.

Well whatever it was, I wasn't letting them hijack the match by telling people to let them boost. I kept playing the way I was playing in the end. They left. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There's a trial available now for "Rise of the Tomb Raider" It's the full 20.8GB too, handy if someone is planning on buying it over the Christmas sales, to have it pre-loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,788 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Lads I'm having a strange issue. I am getting delayed notifications and in some cases not getting them at all. Like invites and all. Any idea how to fix it? Cheers.

• Advertisement

Weirdly, the hair trigger lock on my elite controller doesn't fire my sniper on bf4. I have to disable the hairtrigger to allow full trigger mechanism to get my sniper to fire. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Weirdly, the hair trigger lock on my elite controller doesn't fire my sniper on bf4. I have to disable the hairtrigger to allow full trigger mechanism to get my sniper to fire. Anyone else?

Go into the controller customisation app, and go to triggers, then adjust the dead zone so that a half a trigger pull is equivalent to a full pull. I played through all of halo 5 thinking they had changed the plasma pistol but it was my controller that was wrong. Check YouTube and you'll find videos giving a step by step for the plasma pistol problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I was wondering if I should get the elite controller, I play about 8hrs a week but I don't have a problem about the normal xbox controller and I don't play games seriously

Rorok wrote: »
    I was wondering if I should get the elite controller, I play about 8hrs a week but I don't have a problem about the normal xbox controller and I don't play games seriously

If you can afford it, yes. If it's a BIG buy for you, no.

Go into the controller customisation app, and go to triggers, then adjust the dead zone so that a half a trigger pull is equivalent to a full pull. I played through all of halo 5 thinking they had changed the plasma pistol but it was my controller that was wrong. Check YouTube and you'll find videos giving a step by step for the plasma pistol problem.

That sorted it alright, thanks :)

I'll see if it goes under 100 quid cause 150 doesn't make sense at all for me

Exactly, it's by no means essential but it's a really well made piece of kit. Try one out if you get a chance but a lot of people will have a hard time countering the price of 3 games / half the price of the console on its own against it.

Not gonna happen unless you go second-hand, end even then it'd be rare. Microsoft can't seem to keep up with demand for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can't see that happening to be honest. They are still very hard to get so even second hand they are selling for 150.

I think everyone here on Boards who got one are more than happy with theirs.

I was talking about in a year or two

• Advertisement

I was talking about in a year or two

Should be able to get one second hand in a couple of months for around 120 I'd say.

I can't really see Microsoft reducing the RRP below 150 ever though.

They have marketed it perfectly in my opinion. A high end peripheral aimed at the top 20/30% of their active gamers.

Even though in the Boards guys who I play with regularly I'd say 7 out of 10 have one.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Should be able to get one second hand in a couple of months for around 120 I'd say.

I can't really see Microsoft reducing the RRP below 150 ever though.

They have marketed it perfectly in my opinion. A high end peripheral aimed at the top 20/30% of their active gamers.

Even though in the Boards guys who I play with regularly I'd say 7 out of 10 have one.

And the other 3/10 want em!

And the other 3/10 want em!

And are getting them for Christmas !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

emmetkenny wrote: »
    And are getting them for Christmas !!

Indeed! Can't wait for Santa to visit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

The question is, are you at a disadvantage without one? I'm the same as Rorok, don't really want to spend €150 on a controller. But am I going to find myself at a big disadvantage online? The trigger lock would be the main concern, an elite controller will shoot faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

wrt40 wrote: »
    The question is, are you at a disadvantage without one? I'm the same as Rorok, don't really want to spend €150 on a controller. But am I going to find myself at a big disadvantage online? The trigger lock would be the main concern, an elite controller will shoot faster.

These types of controllers have been out for years. Not quite as polished as the Elite but they have been available. You'll notice an improvement in your FPS games but that's all. Players using the Elite aren't invincible. Someone that can't aim will be the same when using the Elite only more proficent at missing :)

I find it to be a worth while investment. Batteries last longer in the controller.
    No wear and tear of the analog sticks.
    Comfortable grip covering the controller.
    Customised button layouts and additional buttons activated by paddles on the bottom of the controller.
    Varies D-pad and analog stick attachments.
    The app that you use with the controller is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Indeed! Can't wait for Santa to visit!

Same here. Can't wait to give it a whirl in Iron Banner next week :pac:

Same here. Can't wait to give it a whirl in Iron Banner next week :pac:

You'll be winning a gunfight and bam reload and you die.

It will happen. Mark my words :D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I've seen that happen! I'll start with 2 paddles and get used to that first. The pad works great in Black Ops 3 too. Can't wait!

• Advertisement

I've seen that happen! I'll start with 2 paddles and get used to that first. The pad works great in Black Ops 3 too. Can't wait!

I started with the 4, had it pretty dialled in after about 10 hours or so by playing some single player fps games. You'll be surprised how often you clench the controller in a panic fashion at first but it very rarely happens me anymore. Was playing at a friend's house the other night and couldn't believe how much I missed the paddles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement