Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I started with the 4, had it pretty dialled in after about 10 hours or so by playing some single player fps games. You'll be surprised how often you clench the controller in a panic fashion at first but it very rarely happens me anymore. Was playing at a friend's house the other night and couldn't believe how much I missed the paddles.
    tumblr_lwsbmaBLPy1r5gxtwo1_500.jpg

Anyone else getting a crash in the windows 10 Xbox app when they go to messages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone else getting a crash in the windows 10 Xbox app when they go to messages?

I was few nights ago alright, haven't tried since!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I was few nights ago alright, haven't tried since!

Work a multimonitor set up so usually main screen is xbox and i've an extended desktop to the left monitor and stuff runs there when im gaming , but got a message while i had both screens on the PC and saw what is happening, the notifications you get from the app now allow to to reply from the pop ups,they have an inline text box for a reply on the main screen which is causing the app to crap itself, but allow you to type and reply to messages there only if the app isnt open

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Happy Christmas everyone, thanks for making it another great year on the Xbox forum!

Happy gaming over the holidays, hope you all get what you want!

CIAB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

For anyone looking for an elite controller, Argos have a few in stock and can be ordered in a few other shops but not all. There doesn't seem to be many so I'd imagine they'll go quick, I just ordered one for collection in Castlebar.

EDIT: You can also add, one of Fallout 4, Halo 5 or Rise of the Tomb Raider and save €7 on the game, got the controller and Fallout for €188.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

dor83 wrote: »
    For anyone looking for an elite controller, Argos have a few in stock and can be ordered in a few other shops but not all. There doesn't seem to be many so I'd imagine they'll go quick, I just ordered one for collection in Castlebar.

EDIT: You can also add, one of Fallout 4, Halo 5 or Rise of the Tomb Raider and save €7 on the game, got the controller and Fallout for €188.

You've money left over after Christmas? Fupp ya anyway, baxtard :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anyone seen this lads- looks interesting- http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/linx-vision-hands-on/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Anyone seen this lads- looks interesting- http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/linx-vision-hands-on/

The outer controller is rotten looking.. :( Although the reviewer states it fits very well.
    But the rest/idea looks pretty cool. Wonder how well it works though.

Does the Teclast do the same?

For anyone interested in 3 months of Sky Movies for cheap:

"You’re moments away from getting 3 months of movies for just £3. Join today and you’ll soon be choosing from over 1,000 movies On Demand and up to 16 new premieres a month, all with no contract. Then the movies keep rolling at just £9.99 a month, unless cancelled. No contract.

Step 1
    Click 'Sign Up' and create your NOW TV account.

Step 2
    Download the NOW TV app on your Xbox One and sign in.

Step 3
    In the 'My Account' section enter the voucher code XBOXMOVIES.

Already with NOW TV?
    Simply enter the voucher code 'XBOXMOVIES' into the 'My Account' section of the Xbox App to start watching instantly!"

Use any uk address.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone playing rainbow six siege??
    Definately the best game ive played onthe xb1 since I got it.
    Would be great to have like minded players actually playing it the way its meant to be played.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Anyone playing rainbow six siege??
    Definately the best game ive played onthe xb1 since I got it.
    Would be great to have like minded players actually playing it the way its meant to be played.

Yeah there's a few xb1 players. Forum for it over here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057492721&page=11

You can add me for a start: MiskyBoyy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yeah there's a few xb1 players. Forum for it over here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057492721&page=11

You can add me for a start: MiskyBoyy

Done.ill keep an eye out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Is there any black ops 3 clan for xboxone?

ibFoxer wrote: »

Anyone buy one of these yet??
    Thinking of buying one for emulators,xb1 streaming and steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Anyone buy one of these yet??
    Thinking of buying one for emulators,xb1 streaming and steam.

Looked at it yesterday in PC World, feels solid in the hand, certainly didn't feel like the controller would be difficult to use, would need to get some gaming experience with it though. Tempted. The fact that it works with Steam too is a huge bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Got Shadow of Mordor for Xmas, great game. Struggling to find time for any other games!

Got Shadow of Mordor for Xmas, great game. Struggling to find time for any other games!

Dying light, my goty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

For anyone interested in 3 months of Sky Movies for cheap:

"You’re moments away from getting 3 months of movies for just £3. Join today and you’ll soon be choosing from over 1,000 movies On Demand and up to 16 new premieres a month, all with no contract. Then the movies keep rolling at just £9.99 a month, unless cancelled. No contract.

Step 1
    Click 'Sign Up' and create your NOW TV account.

Step 2
    Download the NOW TV app on your Xbox One and sign in.

Step 3
    In the 'My Account' section enter the voucher code XBOXMOVIES.

Already with NOW TV?
    Simply enter the voucher code 'XBOXMOVIES' into the 'My Account' section of the Xbox App to start watching instantly!"

Use any uk address.

Won't work as when I signed up a minute ago I stated a free 14 days, it says I can't add the 3 month promo on top. Boo-urns!

Is the xbox one mini controller good, reviews seem mixed

• Advertisement

Rorok wrote: »

Didn't even know they existed until I googled there, and they look all kinds of nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Rorok wrote: »

They do look nasty. Look like those third party cheap ones that Gamestop love to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

We're the December games released yet for bc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

trixiebust wrote: »
    They do look nasty. Look like those third party cheap ones that Gamestop love to sell.

I picked up an official wired Xbox One pad in Smyth's for €29.99. Send pretty great so far.
    Lack of a proper set of USB ports of a real drag though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I picked up an official wired Xbox One pad in Smyth's for €29.99. Send pretty great so far.

I didn't know there were official wired controllers for the One.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I didn't know there were official wired controllers for the One.

Makes no sense that there would be, sure you can just use the wireless pad with no batteries and a usb cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Do you have a link. I doubt that's an official controller to be honest.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you have a link. I doubt that's an official controller to be honest.

It's not an official one as such, it's 3rd party made but with an "official license"

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-754/xbox-one-accessories/p-15495/power-a-wired-xbox-one-controller-black/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement