Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

That's horrible looking. An extra €10/15 and you could pick up the Covert Forces in Argos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's horrible looking. An extra €10/15 and you could pick up the Covert Forces in Argos

is it even a photo? it looks like something someone knocked up in photoshop.

edit, this is from their offical website. 115320_x_3.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, it works just fine, handy as a second controller as well, slightly different feel to the regular controller but as a person with a mountain of controllers for a myriad of systems that doesn't make any difference.
    Yes, another 15 or so will buy you a wireless controller but that's an extra 50% on the price, the controller is good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

On the Xbox is there any way of seeing how rare an achievement is akin to that on the Ps4? Im talking about worldwide and not just who on your friends list has it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

joe123 wrote: »
    On the Xbox is there any way of seeing how rare an achievement is akin to that on the Ps4? Im talking about worldwide and not just who on your friends list has it?

Yeah, I think the True Achievements App is what you would be looking for you can see it in the store, it also give you things like the % of people who have certain acheivements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thanks for the fun year lads & ladies(?)

It was a pleasure chatting with you all. Here's to another year of great gaming, good discussions & new friends!

Happy New Year & may 2016 bring you the happiness you all deserve.

Have a good one!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Happy New Year from the Xbox Mod team!

Hope everyone has another great year of gaming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Happy new year lads and ladies

Let's hope 2016 brings lots of great gaming and of course lots of bargains :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Seems like I should have waited TWO days.... :D:p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98246732&postcount=2650
    Prob not the right place but Fifa 16 Code for Xbox1 here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Happy new year everyone, hope you get nice things in January sales ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I've been going around in circles looking for the FIFA 16 code but can't see it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Fifa is 30 euro on G2A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

where!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Skerries wrote: »
    where!?

€29.60 here after you get the facebook 5% discount code:

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/fifa-16-xbox-one

Must be coming to ea access soon so

My gaming year 2015 ...in a table :)

1,820 48,685 96,884 1.99 67 42
    Achievements GamerScore TrueAchievements Ratio Games played Games Completed

Your table formatting needs works :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

And that is called never leaving the house and haveing a proper social life ;). Ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Has anyone upgraded their launch console to the elite? Any point?

shuffles03 wrote: »

Only difference is the 1TB drive and an Elite Controller which is worth €150.

How much are the Elite consoles selling for ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

shuffles03 wrote: »

wouldn't it be more of a sideways-grade than an up-grade :pac:

wouldn't it be more of a sideways-grade than an up-grade :pac:

Was thinking of getting the elite controller and as the console comes bundled with the elite c as well as a 1TB SS hybrid, thought it might be wiser?

I've read that you can't notice the speed difference with the new HD though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

it might be, you'll end up with a new console and new warranty, but then what kind of hit are you going to take selling the old console?

it might be, you'll end up with a new console and new warranty, but then what kind of hit are you going to take selling the old console?

The hit could be big. Don't think I'd allow GameStop to shaft me with a trade in (unless they have a good trade in deal?). Selling privately would be the way forward methinks

shuffles03 wrote:

I have couple of months back

I traded mine into gamestop for 250 and paid 250 for the elite console.

There's a small improvement in speed over my old one with loading games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think that might be accountable by the sh1te hdd they installed in the 500Gb XB1.
    I would resume that a decent external 1Tb hdd from a reputable company would illicit similar results.
    And I would further guess that it's only a matter of time before the third parties start superseding the Elite controller with their own efforts.

Toshiba Canvio Basic 2Tb
    Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2Tb
    HGST Touro Mobile 1Tb

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I think that might be accountable by the sh1te hdd they installed in the 500Gb XB1. I would resume that a decent external 1Tb hdd from a reputable company would illicit similar results. And I would further guess that it's only a matter of time before the third parties start superseding the Elite controller with their own efforts.

How is the Hdd crap? I didn't have any issues with my 500gb.

When the xbox launched modders tried an ssd in the console and only saw marginal speed improvements if I remember correctly

There's already custom controllers out there which are only modded original controllers.

I'm very satisfied with my elite controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I have couple of months back

I traded mine into gamestop for 250 and paid 250 for the elite console.

There's a small improvement in speed over my old one with loading games.

I did the same, although i paid a bit more for mine, worth it though for the warranty.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    How is the Hdd crap? I didn't have any issues with my 500gb.

When the xbox launched modders tried an ssd in the console and only saw marginal speed improvements if I remember correctly

There's already custom controllers out there which are only modded original controllers.

I'm very satisfied with my elite controller.

Re the HDD I'm taking the advice of a brother to whom I defer given his expertise.
    But, I'm sure its a perfectly serviceable HDD, I don't own one long enough really to judge

• Advertisement

Are episodes 3-5 of The Walking Dead available in the store? Just finished ep1, searched the store and found ep2 but no sign of the others?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement