Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Are episodes 3-5 of The Walking Dead available in the store? Just finished ep1, searched the store and found ep2 but no sign of the others?

If you launch episode one, can you not go to the downloadable content bit on the menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think that might be accountable by the sh1te hdd they installed in the 500Gb XB1.
    I would resume that a decent external 1Tb hdd from a reputable company would illicit similar results.
    And I would further guess that it's only a matter of time before the third parties start superseding the Elite controller with their own efforts.

Toshiba Canvio Basic 2Tb
    Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2Tb
    HGST Touro Mobile 1Tb

I have a Toshiba Stor.e Canvio 2TB and it works great. For an additional €20 or so, you can get the 3TB version, and then you can download the whole EA Vault, or most of it :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

JoyPad wrote: »
    I have a Toshiba Stor.e Canvio 2TB and it works great. For an additional €20 or so, you can get the 3TB version, and then you can download the whole EA Vault, or most of it :D

Yeah, that 2Tb one sounds like the optimal purchase.
    As a player of games starting in the very earliest days of the 70's, I find the journey from dedicated consoles, to carts that install instantly. to tapes that take 3 minutes to load, to disks that take a minute, then to carts again with instant gaming, back to cd and dvd roms, with loading pages, and now to installs of hours and updates of more.
    Regardless of the format, they are becoming a real drag.
    Be it Forza 6 or GT6, the hope you might get to play a game quickly after putting the disc in the drive is all but gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

dunworth1 wrote: »
    How is the Hdd crap? I didn't have any issues with my 500gb.

When the xbox launched modders tried an ssd in the console and only saw marginal speed improvements if I remember correctly

The reason the ssd only seen marginal improvements is the Xbox one has sata ii ports where as a ssd needs the newer sata iii.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The reason the ssd only seen marginal improvements is the Xbox one has sata ii ports where as a ssd needs the newer sata iii.
    It's not a true SSD in the Elite console. It's a hybrid drive that caches common files to speed up performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

where is the elite console available from lads? microsoft direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

cadete wrote: »
    where is the elite console available from lads? microsoft direct?

Pretty much sold out everywhere. Have to keep an eye on all the available stores. Amazon, gamestop, Smyths, Argos, Microsoftstore etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    Pretty much sold out everywhere. Have to keep an eye on all the available stores. Amazon, gamestop, Smyths, Argos, Microsoftstore etc.

It's exclusive to gamestop here

dunworth1 wrote: »
    It's exclusive to gamestop here

Apologies, read it as elite controller.

So yeah Gamestop or the Microsoft store like you said :

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/Xbox-One-Elite-Bundle/productID.326827900

Open Beta for Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 next week, running from 14th - 18th. I quite enjoyed the last one and I am rarely if ever someone who plays let alone enjoys competitive mp game modes let along a full game of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I really liked the first game, looking forward to it :o

Finally got myself an external HDD last week and started reinstalling games, thank god for unlimited broadband - just checked my usage for the month so far, 580GB :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

maximoose wrote: »
    I really liked the first game, looking forward to it :o

Finally got myself an external HDD last week and started reinstalling games, thank god for unlimited broadband - just checked my usage for the month so far, 580GB :pac:

Did you not just transfer from the internal drive to the external rather than re-download?

maximoose wrote: »
    - just checked my usage for the month so far, 580GB :pac:

Thank fúck for unlimited indeed :P
    That's like my average usage forpast few months:

581gb
    547gb
    744gb
    489gb
    504gb

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ah, I meant reinstalling games that had got the chop from the internal when I was running out of space!

• Has anyone played Bastian on the x360? I have looked at the reviews but prefer some feedback from here

Was thinking of picking it up. bit of an effort setting up my x360 though as it's not backwards compatible I don't think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Has anyone played Bastian on the x360? I have looked at the reviews but prefer some feedback from here

Was thinking of picking it up. bit of an effort setting up my x360 though as it's not backwards compatible I don't think

Bastion? Loved it. The soundtrack is still stuck in my head, and the narrator is one of the best voices in a videogame.

If I recall correctly, it's quite short, but you are able to replay levels to get your times down, etc.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Bastion? Loved it. The soundtrack is still stuck in my head, and the narrator is one of the best voices in a videogame.

If I recall correctly, it's quite short, but you are able to replay levels to get your times down, etc.

Been ages since I played Bastion so memory of it is sketchy, remember the hype around it and got it on sale and had it for ages before I played it. I also remember being bitterly disappointed with it after playing it. I think it was because it felt like an xbox arcade game where if they had the money to take what they had and make a AAA or even a BBB game it could have been something immense.

I think my main bone of contention was that they wasted a great idea because they aimed too low with it :(

It could have been an epic RPG, certainly better story wise than 90% of JRPGs these days.

EDIT: Fun fact it was made by a 7 man team in 2 years !!!!!!!!!

No so fun fact , their 2nd game Transistor never came out on xbox :(

The ability to see who's in the party is coming back very soon, as teased by Mike Ybarra: https://twitter.com/xboxqwik/status/685713835655729152

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It already appears to be working in the Windows 10 desktop app as I can see who my friends are in parties with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

My raging tweets to Xbox and Phil Spencer obviously payed off, yer welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Why is the xbox one covert force controller always cheaper than the normal offical xbox one controller

• Registered Users Posts: 28,134 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rorok wrote: »
    Why is the xbox one covert force controller always cheaper than the normal offical xbox one controller

I think it's just Argos sells it cheaper than the normal one.

Everywhere else seem to price it just above the normal one.

Rorok wrote: »

It's an argos exclusive and they are likely looking to be rid of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone had the issue with green lines, screen going fuzzy green, tv trying its best to readjust, screen going black...
    Anyone know a cure, I've read up online but nothing seems to work, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,134 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone had the issue with green lines, screen going fuzzy green, tv trying its best to readjust, screen going black...
    Anyone know a cure, I've read up online but nothing seems to work, any suggestions?

Sounds like a loose HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Sounds like a loose HDMI.

Yeah, Definitely Probably, or HDMI connection on back of some TV's.

You can buy a cable cheap enough - (albeit big standard one) http://www.dealz.ie/signalex-hdmi-cable-1-metre-long

But it could also (hopefully not) be the port on the back of the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tried different cables and ports, If I drop down to 720p in Xbox settings I still get the cutting out on the screen (Xbox isn't cutting out) but no green lines or fuzz.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I know some of you guys are still addicted to this, and most will probably learn through the thread in General Gaming, but the Destiny forum is now live.

You can find it here.

Xbox Live is fúcked tonight, particularly parties.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Xbox Live is fúcked tonight, particularly parties.

Ah don't say that, wanna play Ark after the football.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement