Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,134 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ah don't say that, wanna play Ark after the football.

You still won't get into that bloody server !! Giroud, Ozil and Monreal have been very good for you's tonight !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Ah don't say that, wanna play Ark after the football.

Bloody annoying but Party started to work eventually, unfortunately I still couldnt invite people to my Ark game :(

I have given up on trying to get into a Server and just host a non dedicated one for me and my friend.
    Tonight I finally for to ride fly a Pteradon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

What official server are you all on?

Anyone use hmv.ie before?

Halo MCC was dispatched on Monday and no sign of it. Delivery on stuff within Ireland takes 1 maybe 2 days with any other company in Ireland Ive dealt with. Should not take this long.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What official server are you all on?

I'm on EU server 1 usually (PvP). Part of a reasonably big tribe on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'm on EU server 1 usually (PvP). Part of a reasonably big tribe on there.

He's already in the tribe Mick, you know,the lad who's always picking fights. ;)

Just booted up the Popcornflix app there , it was terrible last i looked months ago.

Now it has at least a few movies worth watching for free , Virgin Suicides , Kingpin, and Bloodsport :pac:

Edit: Monster (Charlize Theron) , The General, Paranormal Activity 1-4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

He's already in the tribe Mick, you know,the lad who's always picking fights. ;)

Boards tags and gamer tag she confuse me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Hello All,

just looking for a bit of advice on which to go for, the xbox one or ps4. I have a 360 so really would prefer to stick with xbox. The big thing i'd lose is sky go though. Is there much tv stuff we can watch here in Ireland on the xbox one? I remember reading a while back that it was mostly for the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sky Go is on Xbox one since last month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Apparently January's Backwards compatible titles are coming to announced soon according to Major Nelson on Twitter.

I do not know what his definition of Soon is, but normally he does not reply to such tweets asking about BC titles.

maximoose wrote: »
    Sky Go is on Xbox one since last month!

That's just made up my mind! Thank you

Tilikum wrote: »
    Hello All,

just looking for a bit of advice on which to go for, the xbox one or ps4. I have a 360 so really would prefer to stick with xbox. The big thing i'd lose is sky go though. Is there much tv stuff we can watch here in Ireland on the xbox one? I remember reading a while back that it was mostly for the states.

I'd go for whichever most of your friends have.

If you don't have any online friends there's loads of people on boards who play so you could add them.

As said above Sky Go is now available so don't let that sway your decision.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Apparently January's Backwards compatible titles are coming to announced soon according to Major Nelson on Twitter.

I do not know what his definition of Soon is, but normally he does not reply to such tweets asking about BC titles.

The ones last month were announced on the 17th, I'd say that's going to be the date from now on.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd go for whichever most of your friends have.

If you don't have any online friends there's loads of people on boards who play so you could add them.

As said above Sky Go is now available so don't let that sway your decision.

This is the best advice that I always give when asked "which to get?"

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Yeah I think the main things to consider when deciding which console to select are :
    • What do your friends have?
    • How much does it cost?
    • Are there any exclusives that would sway you one way or the other?
    • If you currently own a console do you have games compatible for the latest gen, either in the form of backwards compatible titles, or having got games through PS+ or Games with Gold

It was the first 2 items that sealed it for me. I have owned the original xbox, the 360 and a ps3 at different times, and had been leaning towards the PS4 because I had a decent library of games built up through PS+, but then a few mates got the Xbox One, and I got a particularly good deal on it so I jumped back to xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Faker74 wrote: »
    Yeah I think the main things to consider when deciding which console to select are :
    • What do your friends have?
    • How much does it cost?
    • Are there any exclusives that would sway you one way or the other?
    • If you currently own a console do you have games compatible for the latest gen, either in the form of backwards compatible titles, or having got games through PS+ or Games with Gold

It was the first 2 items that sealed it for me. I have owned the original xbox, the 360 and a ps3 at different times, and had been leaning towards the PS4 because I had a decent library of games built up through PS+, but then a few mates got the Xbox One, and I got a particularly good deal on it so I jumped back to xbox.

Another big decider for me was the controller. Loved the 360 controller, and the Xbox One controller (I have the covert version) is even better.

Never liked the PlayStation Dual shock, particularly the bumper buttons. The thumb sticks also feel too loose or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Another big decider for me was the controller. Loved the 360 controller, and the Xbox One controller (I have the covert version) is even better.

Never liked the PlayStation Dual shock, particularly the bumper buttons. The thumb sticks also feel too loose or something.

These are the main reasons I'm only going Xbox this gen. I got so used to the 360 controller last gen that I hated picking up the Dual Shock whenever I went to play something on the PS3. Don't like the stick layout, triggers or the way it sits in my hands. The PS4 controller is an improvement, but I can't get past the stick layout.

ps. the Elite controller is even better :pac:

You haven't tried the Elite then. It's unbelievable !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

You haven't tried the Elite then. It's unbelievable !!

I've been playing through Battlefield 4, trying to get used to it. Even without getting used to the paddles, it's a clear head and shoulders above every other controller I've ever touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Dare I say it, when I eventually got round to buying, it was the much derided Kinect and the multimedia options that clinched it. :o And I do think Xbox Fitness is actually pretty decent!

I can see why Microsoft took a pasting for their original presentations at launch time, allowing Sony to punch home on their gaming focus, but by the time I got round to choosing between PS4 and Xbox One (I already have a Wii U) the whole games thing seems a bit more balanced. Nothing on exclusives that I'd get that worked up about.

It did help that Xbox certainly had the better pre-Christmas offers out our way.

And I have no friends. So no need to worry about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

CatInABox wrote: »
    I've been playing through Battlefield 4, trying to get used to it. Even without getting used to the paddles, it's a clear head and shoulders above every other controller I've ever touched.

I've been using mine with CoD, Destiny and Minecraft. I'm only using the 2 short paddles currently. Slowly getting used to them before I try all 4. The price is a little off putting at first, but once you hold the controller you will never want to use another one again. Build quality is better than anything else I've ever used. Can't recommend highly enough!

I think we should have an Elite Controller Appreciation Thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I think we should have an Elite Controller Appreciation Thread :D

You've convinced me. Ordered one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

JoyPad wrote:
    You've convinced me. Ordered one today.

You were lucky to find one in stock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You were lucky to find one in stock :D

I opened the chat on the MS store and asked where I could get one. She checked and directed me to the German portal, €149.99, free shipping. Should arrive in 5-7 business days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

JoyPad wrote: »
    I opened the chat on the MS store and asked where I could get one. She checked and directed me to the German portal, €149.99, free shipping. Should arrive in 5-7 business days.

Very pro-active of you :D

Well if there ever was a more suitable username for someone buying a controller :p

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Very pro-active of you :D

Well if there ever was a more suitable username for someone buying a controller :p

I was just about to say the same :pac:

If I buy Xbox live today for my 360, then buy the Xbox one next week, does it transfer over?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

JoyPad wrote: »

150Euro for a controller are they really worth it?

Does it give you an advantage over people using the original controller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

150Euro for a controller are they really worth it? - yes

Does it give you an advantage over people using the original controller?
    - debatable, at the top level of players I'd say yes, but it's far from a gamebreaking leg up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement