Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭recyclops

beercr8te wrote: »
    Thanks, MiskyBoyy, been very impressed with it so far, looking forward to playing halo 1,2 and 3 again this autumn on it.:D

If a friend has a one look into digital game sharing easily one of best things ms has given us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

recyclops wrote: »
    If a friend has a one look into digital game sharing easily one of best things ms has given us

Whats this??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

joe123 wrote: »
    Whats this??

Article on it here. Basically, half price games if you both put money in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

quick video guide to sharing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

quick video guide to sharing

We should definitely sticky one of these into a new thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Anyone else feel like they're pushing their luck by sharing and buying from the American store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Nolimits wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like they're pushing their luck by sharing and buying from the American store?

No

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Nope, MS facilitate this by allowing you to have seperate payment profiles using the same card.

Mentioned before in this thread, I got a refund from MS before for BF4 and I was told they cant refund to my US account on EUR account because of currency exchange rates.

miju wrote: »
    Nope, MS facilitate this by allowing you to have seperate payment profiles using the same card.

Mentioned before in this thread, I got a refund from MS before for BF4 and I was told they cant refund to my US account on EUR account because of currency exchange rates.

As far as sharing goes, I don't think they intended people to give each other their gamertag log in details (infact it's against their rules) and then to just buy one game between them.

As far as using a US account goes, I assume that everyone else put in a fake address/phone number? It's cutting governments out of their tax. Microsoft might not care right now but they might at some point if these governments start copping on to what is going on they'll care and so will Microsoft.

We're not under any illusions that what we're doing is above board, and in the spirit in which it was intended are we?

It's quite some really.If you feel that buying from the US store is wrong then just don't do and don't be worrying yourself about anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It's quite some really.If you feel that buying from the US store is wrong then just don't do and don't be worrying yourself about anyone else.

I am a bad person :(

I feel it's against the spirit of what Microsoft want, it doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing it.

Where did I say I was worried about anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Whenever I pass dail eireann, I throw my change over the wall. I think of it the same as taking holy water the 1 time a year I set foot in a church.

Got a friend who is looking to upgrade from a 360. The Gamestop deal is terrible €499 for just the console. €559 for the console, two games and 3 months xbox live (which they value at €24.99). The thing is he'd quite like to trade. They are doing an offer at the moment to trade in the 360 for a console that shall not be named but no particular offer on the One. They did tell him to check their website, as there may be something on there that they are not aware of and would honour it but after looking at it there doesn't seem to be any mention of prices for trades. I've suggested at a minimum he should bring to their attention the Argos offer, but as Argos won't do trades it would be an empty threat to go there.

Anybody any idea? CEX is an option, but from looking at their website it doesn't seem like they do new consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Got a friend who is looking to upgrade from a 360. The Gamestop deal is terrible €499 for just the console. €559 for the console, two games and 3 months xbox live (which they value at €24.99). The thing is he'd quite like to trade. They are doing an offer at the moment to trade in the 360 for a console that shall not be named but no particular offer on the One. They did tell him to check their website, as there may be something on there that they are not aware of and would honour it but after looking at it there doesn't seem to be any mention of prices for trades. I've suggested at a minimum he should bring to their attention the Argos offer, but as Argos won't do trades it would be an empty threat to go there.

Anybody any idea? CEX is an option, but from looking at their website it doesn't seem like they do new consoles.

He'd be better off selling the 360 private and check argos for deals on the one.

I feel it's against the spirit of what Microsoft want, it doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing it.

Where did I say I was worried about anyone else?

Its not though. MS aren't stupid, you can be sure as hell when they introduced the feature for friends to share games by signing into another console and making things region free they well knew what would happen.

I would dare say they were going to push it as a "big feature" if not for the big outcry over always on and right management at their launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

In the latest update it says you get notified when a friend comes online.
    This is not happening for me and I have the latest update. Xbox One btw.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Any ideas?
    Go to Settings/Preferences/Notifications/Sign-in & broadcasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Excellent. Cheers mate.

Any ideas?
    It only tells you if you add them as a favourite I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It only tells you if you add them as a favourite I think

No you can set it for favourites or all friends, settings/preferences/ Sign-In & Broadcasts on the bottom left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

If you buy it in agros you can get the titanfall bundle and watchdogs free with it. Everywhere else are 20-40 more minus watchdogs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Where's that guide to set up us account to buy from us store? Can't find it

Just register yourself with a USA address and the store will be USA store

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just register yourself with a USA address and the store will be USA store

Yeah I did it myself back in November but was trying to do it for a friend. I thought I had to do something on microsoft commerce site but I believe all you have to do is switch locale to United States then add payment option with U.S address when purchasing something is it?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah I did it myself back in November but was trying to do it for a friend. I thought I had to do something on microsoft commerce site but I believe all you have to do is switch locale to United States then add payment option with U.S address when purchasing something is it?

Yep that's it

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

First line of address must be same as your card or it wont validate

Anyone got anywhere for buying Microsoft points gift cards in $?

It's fairly easy to get them in Euro cheaper than their credit value bust struggling in Dollars.

I did find one guy on ebay selling $25 for $19 and bought 5 but that's about all I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone got anywhere for buying Microsoft points gift cards in $?

It's fairly easy to get them in Euro cheaper than their credit value bust struggling in Dollars.

I did find one guy on ebay selling $25 for $19 and bought 5 but that's about all I got.

Try g2a.com they had dollar cards the last time I bought something off them

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Try g2a.com they had dollar cards the last time I bought something off them
    Appreciate the link but they want $47.58 for a $50 card I'm hoping for better :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement