Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

150Euro for a controller are they really worth it?

Does it give you an advantage over people using the original controller?

Absolutely. Pure class.

Rather than saying it will give an advantage I'd say that it improves your gaming performance.

Improved battery life, 4 additional programmable buttons that are triggered from underneath the controller, really nice textured grip on the controller, all of the components are harder wearing than the original controller, trigger buttons have a stop that can be switched on and off for when you play FPS games, multiple analog stick attachments to suit the type of game you are playing and it's all programmable using the Xbox accessories app.

When you own one you'll get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

If I buy Xbox live today for my 360, then buy the Xbox one next week, does it transfer over?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Tilikum wrote: »
    If I buy Xbox live today for my 360, then buy the Xbox one next week, does it transfer over?

In a word, Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

I moved the Xbox to a wired connection weeks back and had set the nat type to open and last night it was open and internet speeds were poor for some reason and today speeds are good but behind a moderate nat and all ports are open on modem when i look now? Am I missing out a step

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tripperman wrote: »
    I moved the Xbox to a wired connection weeks back and had set the nat type to open and last night it was open and internet speeds were poor for some reason and today speeds are good but behind a moderate nat and all ports are open on modem when i look now? Am I missing out a step

Mine went a bit funny like that over Christmas but its gone back to open with decent speeds again.

• Advertisement

tripperman wrote: »

Vodafone broadband? Find I have to reboot mine every few weeks as for no reason NAT changes to strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Vodafone broadband? Find I have to reboot mine every few weeks as for no reason NAT changes to strict.

Eircom, went back on Xbox after 9 without changing and ports and its open nat now

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Hi Joypad

Can I ask what you put in for the zipcode on the German microsoft store? Have picked Ireland multiple times but keeps on going back to Germany when it comes to payment details

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Edit: Payment went through so getting my hands on one in 5-7 working days :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So yeah, that must have been an epic DDOS attack that the boards team had to deal with over the last few days. Not an easy thing to deal with, particularly when most of Ireland realises boards is down and they may have to actually work!

Anyway, Microsoft announced a Windows 10 and Xbox One conference on the 25th of February, with no real word on what's coming other than "the best games and platform experiences launching this spring on Xbox and Windows 10".

My guess on what's there:

A lot of Cortana.

My guess on what has a slight chance to be there:

A revised, smaller Xbox One, and perhaps an Xbox Media Player (think Roku)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭GBX

CatInABox wrote: »
    Anyway, Microsoft announced a Windows 10 and Xbox One conference on the 25th of February, with no real word on what's coming other than "the best games and platform experiences launching this spring on Xbox and Windows 10".

My guess on what's there:

A lot of Cortana.

My guess on what has a slight chance to be there:

A revised, smaller Xbox One, and perhaps an Xbox Media Player (think Roku)

I'm looking to get an Xbox one so may hold on to see what comes of this and any offers that come about after it.

• Advertisement

Does anyones XB1 become noisy when the Kinect is taken out?

Ive used the kinect since day 1 but took it out recently because of space where my TV is and it seems to make the console more noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

If there is a new, "slim" version of the One I may get it but I am wondering, I would exchange my current machine so I would want to remove any traces of my account on it.
    If I was to delete all the games and remove my login, factory reset, when I get a new One, would I be able to reinstall everything on it?
    I have most of my games on an external HardDrive so I should be ok with that but any games that I didnt move due to space or other reasons, is it safe to say that I should be able to download them again without having to pay?
    Thinking about it, after reading over this, I am probably ok. :/
    And Jesus, I never thought I would miss Boards but 2 days without this section of the forum has made me have to spend more time with my family( I had taken the last 2 days off work :D )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Does anyones XB1 become noisy when the Kinect is taken out?

Ive used the kinect since day 1 but took it out recently because of space where my TV is and it seems to make the console more noisy.

It's a known issue with the first batch of Xbox Ones, Microsoft were on top of it at the time, so give them a call and see what they say.

See here for details about the problem.

See here for an Xbox related consumer rights thread.

If there is a new, "slim" version of the One I may get it but I am wondering, I would exchange my current machine so I would want to remove any traces of my account on it.
    If I was to delete all the games and remove my login, factory reset, when I get a new One, would I be able to reinstall everything on it?
    I have most of my games on an external HardDrive so I should be ok with that but any games that I didnt move due to space or other reasons, is it safe to say that I should be able to download them again without having to pay?
    Thinking about it, after reading over this, I am probably ok. :/
    And Jesus, I never thought I would miss Boards but 2 days without this section of the forum has made me have to spend more time with my family( I had taken the last 2 days off work :D )

You could unplug your external drive, do a factory reset on your Xbox One which will remove everything from the internal hard drive, games/accounts etc.

All games and purchases are tied to your account, so moving console is not a problem.

If there is going to be a revised Xbox announced at this event, then I'd say that we'll start seeing stock shortages of the current console soon enough, no point having the two SKUs at the same time.

New Xbox One Backward Compatibility titles have been released.

Content Title |Content Type |Publisher |Status
    Aegis Wing |Arcade | Xbox LIVE Arcade | NEW
    Age of Booty |Arcade | Capcom |NEW
    Counter-Strike: GO |Arcade | Valve Corporation |NEW
    Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad |Arcade | D3Publisher |NEW
    Sam & Max Save the World |Arcade | Microsoft Studios |NEW
    Skullgirls |Arcade | MarvelousAQL |NEW
    Small Arms |Arcade | Microsoft Studios |NEW
    Soulcalibur |Arcade | Namco |NEW
    Space Giraffe |Arcade | Microsoft Studios |NEW
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |Games On Demand| CD Projekt Red |NEW

Also, from now on, games will be released as they are compiled for BC, so no waiting for a big release once a month.

The Witcher 2 is also meant to be free in some regions, Eurogamer says US, Canada, France, Germany and UK, but hopefully Ireland has just been omitted! It also seems to have disappeared from the Xbox.com site for now, at least for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Cheers CatInABox.

Wouldn't mind checking out CS:GO again - hopefully the xbox one community will be a little more forgiving than 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Cheers CatInABox.

Wouldn't mind checking out CS:GO again - hopefully the xbox one community will be a little more forgiving than 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Aegis Wing |Arcade | Xbox LIVE |Arcade | |NEW

Also, from now on, games will be released as they are compiled for BC, so no waiting for a big release once a month.

The Witcher 2 is also meant to be free in some regions, Eurogamer says US, Canada, France, Germany and UK, but hopefully Ireland has just been omitted! It also seems to have disappeared from the Xbox.com site for now, at least for me.

Showing up as free but when you try to add it it says not available in your region.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ddos sad c***s can suck my balls.

Apologies for the graphic image.

• Advertisement

Aegis Wing |Arcade | Xbox LIVE Arcade | NEW

Canada you say ?

I might just have to fuel up the private jet and visit the holiday home :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ddos sad c***s can suck my balls.

Totally agree with the sentiment, but maybe keep it a little more PG next time! :D

emmetkenny wrote:
    I might just have to fuel up the private jet and visit the holiday home

360 games aren't region free comrade :/

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    360 games aren't region free comrade :/

Awh dam I forgot about that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Aw I thought I was the first to post them cause I put them on Xbox Gaming just there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

No Call of duty Black Ops?

time to take a wander over to major nelsons blog and warm myself in the flames of the comment section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

JoyPad wrote: »
    I opened the chat on the MS store and asked where I could get one. She checked and directed me to the German portal, €149.99, free shipping. Should arrive in 5-7 business days.

Arrived today. Didn't expect to get my hands on one so quick, son's birthday is next month.

Turns out that the Witcher 2 is free in Ireland as well. Also, it turns out that I already own it, something I can't remember buying. Was it a Games with Gold before?

Turns out that the Witcher 2 is free in Ireland as well. Also, it turns out that I already own it, something I can't remember buying. Was it a Games with Gold before?

Twas, January 2015.

• Advertisement

Elite contollers starting to come back into stock in some Argos stores for E150.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement