Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

If there is a new, "slim" version of the One I may get it but I am wondering, I would exchange my current machine so I would want to remove any traces of my account on it.
    If I was to delete all the games and remove my login, factory reset, when I get a new One, would I be able to reinstall everything on it?
    I have most of my games on an external HardDrive so I should be ok with that but any games that I didnt move due to space or other reasons, is it safe to say that I should be able to download them again without having to pay?
    Thinking about it, after reading over this, I am probably ok. :/
    And Jesus, I never thought I would miss Boards but 2 days without this section of the forum has made me have to spend more time with my family( I had taken the last 2 days off work :D )

Just delete your account off the console, no need to do anything else like delete games or factory reset. Once you own a game you can download it to any xbox one console you sign in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Never owned The Witcher 2 before. Saw it was free and had back compact so downloaded it through my phone. Is that it? I don't need to do anything else?

Also, nearly finished TW3. What's it like going from 3 to 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

I need some advice from Xbox One owners: should I trade in my PS4 and go back to Xbox??
    I owned a 360 for 7 years before jumping ship to Playstation. I personally don't find Sony's exclusives interesting and really do miss playing games like Halo and Gears of War... Now most of the people I know are on PS4 but the majority just play FIFA anyway so its not like I'd be missing much socially moving back so should I make the switch??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

CatInABox wrote: »
    Turns out that the Witcher 2 is free in Ireland as well. Also, it turns out that I already own it, something I can't remember buying. Was it a Games with Gold before?

newb question, but how do you buy it? when i go into store it doesn't have an option to buy, just says bundle options and when i click on that it says nothing found

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

mossym wrote: »
    newb question, but how do you buy it? when i go into store it doesn't have an option to buy, just says bundle options and when i click on that it says nothing found

Try purchase from xbox.com here: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/The-Witcher-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024e4d0855

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

There's an update for xbox one, dont know what it includes though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Rorok wrote: »

When does it download, I hope its not a big one takes ages to download

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I need some advice from Xbox One owners: should I trade in my PS4 and go back to Xbox??
    I owned a 360 for 7 years before jumping ship to Playstation. I personally don't find Sony's exclusives interesting and really do miss playing games like Halo and Gears of War... Now most of the people I know are on PS4 but the majority just play FIFA anyway so its not like I'd be missing much socially moving back so should I make the switch??

Having had a good bit of time on both consoles over xmas, I'm glad the missus opted to get me the xbox. We picked one up relatively cheap from amazon in early december. I then traded in some old 360 kit (kinect, turtle beach x11, joypad, games) to cex and got the new kinect and quite a sizable voucher for future purchases. I'm so glad I got the kinect. While it will get used very little for games it does make the xbox more than just a games console and makes it feel an actual next gen entertainment machine. Voice commands to power everything on, switch TV stations, launch games, skype etc. just add up to make it such a worthwhile purchase. Throw EA access on top as the best £20 I've ever spent on gaming.

I was home in the folks house over xmas. The brother got a PS4. Granted his choice of games weren't great (FIFA, WWF) but it all just amounted to a big fat "meh". Especially that WWF game, looked decidedly last gen. The joypad has improved but still not great, nowhere near the xbone (which I'll admit I didn't like at a pre-launch event I was at a few years ago - I'm putting that down to a bad launch batch as my actual joypad is excellent). I can't say I'm noticing much graphical improvement over the previous gen on either console so it's the add-ons that make the difference. At one point the auld fella popped into the games room for a chat about something and I automatically just said "xbox mute" out of habit - which obviously doesn't work on a PS. The brother was taken aback "can you do that?. . .lazy sh!te".

Anyway, I'm crossing into fanboy territory but there's my opinion. I do have a query about how long it'll last though as it's powered on constantly when the TV is on. . .one to keep an eye on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've both and they're good for different things.
    The likes of The Last Guardian, No Man's Sky and more The Last of Us means I won't be saying goodbye to the PS4 and there's more than enough on the XB1 to mean it'll be a permanent fixture, though right now it's mostly Elite Dangerous and the media player thats getting a workout!

Rorok wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057245101&page=39

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

cheers for that, that worked

Anyone else get an email for Division Beta from MS but with no code :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep I got the same.

You can get a code on the uplay site, although it tells me I already redeemed my code which I don't remember doing...

Looks like xtra vision are gone for good this time, I recall someone on here calling it around November last year, and heeded that when getting gift cards etc at xmas. Goes some way to explain why our local (one of the biggest shops) wouldn't have new releases on launch day , likely couldn't get the stock if they were in trouble.

I stopped going in even to browse last year because of the stock issue, I mean if I was stuck on launch day and had to have a game I'd have rather given them the business than go to gamestop.

Word is HMV have signed a cosy deal for concessions in Tesco stores which is unlikely to keep many if any of their staff in jobs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Looks like xtra vision are gone for good this time, I recall someone on here calling it around November last year, and heeded that when getting gift cards etc at xmas. Goes some way to explain why our local (one of the biggest shops) wouldn't have new releases on launch day , likely couldn't get the stock if they were in trouble.

I stopped going in even to browse last year because of the stock issue, I mean if I was stuck on launch day and had to have a game I'd have rather given them the business than go to gamestop.

Word is HMV have signed a cosy deal for concessions in Tesco stores which is unlikely to keep many if any of their staff in jobs :(

Thought it was only select stores closing?
    My local one ( Tipperary Town ) is definitely going. Went in for a browse last week and the games, new and rental weren't really discounted. I presume all the unsold stock will be transferred to the nearest HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah, it was in the news today.

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/xtra-vision-liquidation-2570122-Jan2016/
    Updated at 4.30pm
    THE HIGH COURT has appointed a provisional liquidator to the Xtra-vision movie rental chain.
    The bulk of the 583 full and part time jobs at the company are likely to be lost, Mr Justice Paul Gilligan heard....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Apparently HMV are honouring all Xtra Vision gift cards. So if anyone has some be sure to hang onto them, they're still worth something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Apparently HMV are honouring all Xtra Vision gift cards. So if anyone has some be sure to hang onto them, they're still worth something.

Id be getting rid of them asap to anyone who'd take them Tbh.

"Roblox, stylized as RŌBLOX, is a massively multiplayer online game created and marketed toward children and teenagers aged 8–18."

is now available free on XB1, not available in Ireland/UK right now so grab from the U.S store if you want it: http://store.xbox.com/Shell/ChangeLocale?targetLocale=en-US&returnUrl=https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/ROBLOX/c79323fd-00f8-462a-a97a-39a0eb61791e

"Roblox, stylized as RŌBLOX, is a massively multiplayer online game created and marketed toward children and teenagers aged 8–18."

is now available free on XB1, not available in Ireland/UK right now so grab from the U.S store if you want it: http://store.xbox.com/Shell/ChangeLocale?targetLocale=en-US&returnUrl=https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/ROBLOX/c79323fd-00f8-462a-a97a-39a0eb61791e

• Advertisement

Grab your $199 in game currency pack while your at it, I've seen some crazy prices on microtransation stuff but this is probably the highest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Grab your $199 in game currency pack while your at it, I've seen some crazy prices on microtransation stuff but this is probably the highest :D

It's a bargain when you compare it to 400RB @ €4.99 or 80.16RB/€1 whereas 22500RB @ €199 or 113.06RB/€1

:):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Can you buy EA Access for a year anywhere online? I really don't like the idea of giving EA my credit card details. I saw that CDKeys had a monthly one but no yearly one.

EA aren't going to steal your money :P As far as I'm aware GameStop do EA Access subscription cards.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    EA aren't going to steal your money :P As far as I'm aware GameStop do EA Access subscription cards.

If you have ea access and want buy a new realse from them threw it, can you use credit from your Xbox account for the purchase?, thinking of getting access but don't actually have a credit card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

tripperman wrote: »
    If you have ea access and want buy a new realse from them threw it, can you use credit from your Xbox account for the purchase?, thinking of getting access but don't actually have a credit card

Do you not have a bank account ?. As all bank cards are Visa Debits now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Can you buy EA Access for a year anywhere online? I really don't like the idea of giving EA my credit card details. I saw that CDKeys had a monthly one but no yearly one.
    EA don't get your account details, all the finance stuff is handled by Microsoft. You can just switch off the auto-renew and it won't renew until you sign up again.

Do you not have a bank account ?. As all bank cards are Visa Debits now.

Sorry that should have said linked to my xbox account, I have the debit card, just very careful about using it for online purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Being in IT security I am fully aware of the risks involved. I just dont want EA to have my details. But since its not handled by them its OK.

Yes, cos Microsoft are all benevolent and security risk free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Being in IT security I am fully aware of the risks involved. I just dont want EA to have my details. But since its not handled by them its OK.
    I just went to double-check to be sure, but to expand on the earlier answer, my understanding the MS is responsible for the finance side is from this Xbox Support document.
    EA Access is an Electronic Arts product that’s generally supported by the EA customer support team.

Contact Electronic Arts for help
    Contact EA support if you have questions about the following issues:
    • Navigating the EA Access app
    • Using the Vault to find and access free games
    • Origin IDs

Contact Xbox Support for help
    Contact Xbox Support if you questions about the following issues:
    • Managing your EA Access subscription
    • Signing in to your Microsoft account or Xbox Live profile
    • Your bill
    • Downloading and installing games on Xbox One

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Claimed it from US store but not showing up in my downloads?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement