Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone know how I can get Deus Ex purchase to go through on the xbox.com website it keeps giving me an error?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone know how I can get Deus Ex purchase to go through on the xbox.com website it keeps giving me an error?
    What error is being displayed?

The most common issue with downloading the game is the person does not have a debit/credit card on their Xbox account.

The other might be the region selected for the website. Go to Xbox.com and scroll to the bottom left of the screen and make sure Ireland is displaying as the website region.

Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again.

The reason I want it is as far as I know it is backwards compatible and today is the last day to purchase it for free.

The most common issue with downloading the game is the person does not have a debit/credit card on their Xbox account.

The other might be the region selected for the website. Go to Xbox.com and scroll to the bottom left of the screen and make sure Ireland is displaying as the website region.

I have both of those. Visa credit card and also Ireland chosen. I did have USA at first and it didn't work so changed the region to Ireland and it still won't work.

I don't know what to do now.

I have both of those. Visa credit card and also Ireland chosen. I did have USA at first and it didn't work so changed the region to Ireland and it still won't work.

I don't know what to do now.
    What error is displayed?

What shows up that stops the completion of the purchase.

• Advertisement

What error is displayed?

What shows up that stops the completion of the purchase.

Untitled.png

error image
    Have you successfully downloaded an Xbox 360 to console before?

I'd try another Internet browser to see if the error pops up there.

Edit* just read a support thread where someone had this issue. In their case it was their bank blocking the purchase but in this case it's a free purchase.

Have you successfully downloaded an Xbox 360 to console before?

I'd try another Internet browser to see if the error pops up there.

No I always have problems trying to get xbox 360 games. I have no problems with getting my xbox ones games though. How I usually get the 360 games is by using my 360 console but unfortunately I am no where near it for the past while or for another while in the future.

Thanks for your help anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No I always have problems trying to get xbox 360 games. I have no problems with getting my xbox ones games though. How I usually get the 360 games is by using my 360 console but unfortunately I am no where near it for the past while or for another while in the future.

Thanks for your help anyway.

That problem usually crops up when I'm Ireland. Some of the 360 games are region restricted, so if your Microsoft account is based in the UK, and you're trying to buy from Ireland, then it'll give you that error.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

On the 360, achievements would pop as soon as they were earned.

My experience of achievements on the ONE, is more like: achievement conditions met, nothing happens. Then later the achievement notification pops or not at all.

I just see that I unlocked something when I see it browsing a feed or looking on TA.

Anyone else have this issue? or Do achievements pop as soon as you earn them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    On the 360, achievements would pop as soon as they were earned.

My experience of achievements on the ONE, is more like: achievement conditions met, nothing happens. Then later the achievement notification pops or not at all.

I just see that I unlocked something when I see it browsing a feed or looking on TA.

Anyone else have this issue? or Do achievements pop as soon as you earn them?

yeah its a regular enough thing, usually logging out, then logging back in again gets them to pop - but in a lot of cases, you dont get the animation - you just look in your achievements and it shows as unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

yeah its a regular enough thing, usually logging out, then logging back in again gets them to pop - but in a lot of cases, you dont get the animation - you just look in your achievements and it shows as unlocked.

Ya, thats often the case, no animation but the achievement did pop.

Will take the ONE off instant on mode now this week when I get on again and see if that makes a difference.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I have it with years and 'm about halfway through it but it gives me motion sickness when I play it. The only time I've ever experienced that in a game was watching a friend play doom on the Sega 32x!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have it with years and 'm about halfway through it but it gives me motion sickness when I play it. The only time I've ever experienced that in a game was watching a friend play doom on the Sega 32x!

I gave up on it for that exact reason. Horrible feeling playing a game !!

What is motion sickness? Feeling dizzy or actually feeling like getting sick?

What is motion sickness? Feeling dizzy or actually feeling like getting sick?

Both for me. I'd get dizzy then really want to puke.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Both for me. I'd get dizzy then really want to puke.

That's crazy!! Just somthing thats never happened to me ih 20+ years of gaming.

It starts with mild dizziness and worsens until I feel like my stomach is churning. Not nice at all.

It starts with mild dizziness and worsens until I feel like my stomach is churning. Not nice at all.

Do you feel it coming on though, like **** I should turn this off or do the chunks just come up?

Sorry for being graphic :o

Do you feel it coming on though, like **** I should turn this off or do the chunks just come up?

Sorry for being graphic :o

Lol, the first time I played it, I actually put it down to something I ate, I only stopped playing when it got too bad. It builds gradually. It was only when it happened again the next few times I played it that I realized what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I go through phases with it. I go months of playing with no probs then there's a couple of weeks of feeling sick as a dog after playing. It's usually first person shooters for me. Feckin nuisance it is!

Dead island was the only other game that it happened to me with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Turok on the N64 used to trigger it for me within minutes of sitting down to play it. I've since found that it happens to me in any FPS game with a consistently poor frame rate.

The other way it happens is a bit ridiculous. If I wear an over-the-ear headset, I've generally want to vomit in about 90 minutes. Doesn't matter what type of game, so long as there's some movement in it. With the newer controller, I just use in-ear headphones, not a problem now.

Think the closest I've ever come to that is when falling in some games, a kind of light feeling in my stomach as I fall. Guess it's a sign of a good game if your brain is telling you at some level that its believing it's falling :D

Interesting. I wonder would VR effect people who get motion sickness from Mirrors Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

YouTube keeps freezing on me. Anyone else having issues on xb1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

rottie 11 wrote: »
    YouTube keeps freezing on me. Anyone else having issues on xb1

Yeah can't upload to it

Interesting. I wonder would VR effect people who get motion sickness from Mirrors Edge.

It's funny, dying light doesn't affect me at all then, and then movements are largely similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I get motion sick after watching other people playing a fps game When they constantly sprint around the map

• Advertisement

The only motion sickness I ever had was playing Titanfall when moving in the Titan.

Never tried it a second time so it might have been an anomaly but I felt awful playing that anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement