Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just on game sharing. I have a buddy also (unfortunately never buys games) but I bought games and if I am not connected to xbox live, it won't let me play the games I bought. Saying I need to set my xbox to my home xbox next time I am online but will that ruin the game sharing buddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Raoul wrote: »
    Just on game sharing. I have a buddy also (unfortunately never buys games) but I bought games and if I am not connected to xbox live, it won't let me play the games I bought. Saying I need to set my xbox to my home xbox next time I am online but will that ruin the game sharing buddy?

If they never buy games, ditch em :D

My game sharer & I always go halfs on every game, taking it in turns to buy 1 on his account, then my account.

If you set your xbox as your home xbox, then yeah, that will prevent your friend from accessing your games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

He's right, I think you and your partner need to break up. That's a very unhealthy relationship and you deserve better hun xx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

yeah, if youre sharing, it connects to xbox live to confirm that you own the licence to the game you are trying to play.

if your buddy was buying games, and your internet went down, you'd be able to play the games he owns, but not your own, and vice versa. Its just one of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Can't get into any game of Homefront. Anyone with the same issue?

Nat type: Open

• Advertisement

Cheers lads. Unfortunately I don't have any good gaming mates. I am jealous of whoever is mates with MiskyBoyy. Seems to have every game that comes out for the xbox! :).

Started playing Shadow of Mordor for about 15 min last night. 36gb download didn't leave me much gaming time. Seems fantastic even after those 15 min.

Cheers lads. Unfortunately I don't have any good gaming mates. I am jealous of whoever is mates with MiskyBoyy. Seems to have every game that comes out for the xbox! :).

Started playing Shadow of Mordor for about 15 min last night. 36gb download didn't leave me much gaming time. Seems fantastic even after those 15 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Ah its just HUGE amounts of fun, especially when you reach the mid/late stage of the game are ridiculously super powered and gleefully taking on hordes of enemies at once.

Nemesis system can be discouraging/difficult if you get unlucky at the start, but stick with it and it'll end up sorting itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Great game! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

irishmover wrote: »
    Can't get into any game of Homefront. Anyone with the same issue?

Nat type: Open

Consider yourself lucky.

Granted, I only played one game last night, but I thought the game was shocking. You can tell that the game has been in development hell for some time.

• Advertisement

Its a little know fact, but Misky is actually a first cousin to Phil Spencer. thats why he has the good hookup.

he doesn't like to brag about it so say nothing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Misky also has a private jet to fly all over the world picking up cheap games on his way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Misky also has a private jet to fly all over the world picking up cheap games on his way :D

Morel likely has these - :D
    DUEBRBv.jpg?1

I knew my ears were burning :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So, Quantum Break. Buy it on Xbox One and get it free on PC and vice versa.

It launches the same day on both platforms. Cross buy.

So, Quantum Break. Buy it on Xbox One and get it free on PC and vice versa.

It launches the same day on both platforms. Cross buy.

thats only if you preorder though, yeah?

From what I just read I think so. Before April 5th.

From what I just read I think so. Before April 5th.

No cross buy is a thing now going forward, so any games in future that are available on both platforms will be cross buy, spencer announced it earlier.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/697813495404896256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Alan Wake is free for anyone who buys Quantum Break.

Alan Wake American Nightmare is free for those who pre-order digitally or with select retailers.

The PC version is if you buy the Console Bundle, preorder digitally or buy it day one physically, if I recall correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Anyone's YouTube app gone mental?

Just updated it and all the text is sitting on top of each other.

• Advertisement

Toobz wrote: »
    Anyone's YouTube app gone mental?

Just updated it and all the text is sitting on top of each other.

Yeah mines the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Yeah mines the same

Handy update so :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No cross buy is a thing now going forward, so any games in future that are available on both platforms will be cross buy, spencer announced it earlier.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/697813495404896256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pretty monumental development imo. Xbox is slowly turning into a budget gaming PC, between cross platform ownership and BC I think MS are slowly transitioning to be more like steam than a traditional console platform where you'll be able to play every game you've owned on whatever the current machine is be it Xbox One or the next Xbox.

Limbo is backwards compatible if you happen to own it on disc. Not available digitally yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Was surprised and a little relived as a big fan to read last night that Ubisoft has announced no new Assassins Creed game this year, hopefully this allows them to have a good game that's glitch free in 2017 and brings the series back to the height of its success again,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

tripperman wrote: »
    Was surprised and a little relived as a big fan to read last night that Ubisoft has announced no new Assassins Creed game this year, hopefully this allows them to have a good game that's glitch free in 2017 and brings the series back to the height of its success again,

I actually wouldn't mind if they scrapped the series, to be honest. It's really creaking under the weight of all the (nonsensical) storyline built up so far, and the mechanics of it haven't really changed at all.

I think they'd be better off just setting the games in whatever age they want, and none of the future stuff.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I actually wouldn't mind if they scrapped the series, to be honest. It's really creaking under the weight of all the (nonsensical) storyline built up so far, and the mechanics of it haven't really changed at all.

I think they'd be better off just setting the games in whatever age they want, and none of the future stuff.
    I was surprised Assassins Creed become a yearly release franchise.

I enjoyed 1-3 but after that every game felt like overkill. It feels like the same game year on year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I was surprised Assassins Creed become a yearly release franchise.

I enjoyed 1-3 but after that every game felt like overkill. It feels like the same game year on year.

Because it was:D

The last game i played was Black Flag and thought it was fantastic.fantastic. Havent touched the latest two releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ended up picking up Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Transformers Devastation there today on Amazon for 25 pound. No idea what to expect out of Transformers but its a platlaim games game so it should be very good and i have seen videos and it looks like fun.

I seen Deadpool is on sale for the Xbox one works out 20 euros for SA is it worth while ?. Or is it worth giving it a miss ?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ended up picking up Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Transformers Devastation there today on Amazon for 25 pound. No idea what to expect out of Transformers but its a platlaim games game so it should be very good and i have seen videos and it looks like fun.

I seen Deadpool is on sale for the Xbox one works out 20 euros for SA is it worth while ?. Or is it worth giving it a miss ?.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement