Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kman

YouTube app gone the same mental for me today, text overlaid on text etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Ended up picking up Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Transformers Devastation there today on Amazon for 25 pound. No idea what to expect out of Transformers but its a platlaim games game so it should be very good and i have seen videos and it looks like fun.

I seen Deadpool is on sale for the Xbox one works out 20 euros for SA is it worth while ?. Or is it worth giving it a miss ?.

Deadpool is not great. It's funny but doesn't play brilliant. Don't think its worth €20. Maybe €10 is the most I'd pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It's over half a year old but why has Steam got an Xbox subdomain? :eek:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/45l0tp/steam_now_has_a_subdomain_of_xboxsteampoweredcom/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

CatInABox wrote: »
    I actually wouldn't mind if they scrapped the series, to be honest. It's really creaking under the weight of all the (nonsensical) storyline built up so far, and the mechanics of it haven't really changed at all.

I think they'd be better off just setting the games in whatever age they want, and none of the future stuff.

I hope it doesn't get scrapped I like the idea of what's trying, just the storyline linking each game to the last makes it painful when the last was awful like unity and AC3, just make the game a stand alone Templars v Assassins no modern day story line either and set it in a set time period, and work on a new mechanics and larger maps to explore unity and syndicate are small imo, also make a solid game no glitches and release it every two or 3 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's over half a year old but why has Steam got an Xbox subdomain? :eek:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/45l0tp/steam_now_has_a_subdomain_of_xboxsteampoweredcom/

What does that mean :confused:

• Advertisement

Rorok wrote: »
    What does that mean :confused:

it means there is a subdomain xbox.steampowered.com attached to the steam site. Hinting at a possible integration of some xbox live features like achievements with games running on the steam platform. Theres loads of speculation as to what it could mean but nothing official yet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wonder will the presser on the 25th have something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,788 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is the netflix app acting up for anyone else? It's sticking on the loading screen and freezing the whole machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Pudsy33 wrote:
    Is the netflix app acting up for anyone else? It's sticking on the loading screen and freezing the whole machine.

Working fine for me anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Goto home screen, press start, close app. Restart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

My new toy has arrived

kHhqACq.jpg

First impressions are good, will give it a few days before some real feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    My new toy has arrived

kHhqACq.jpg

Looks awesome. Very quick delivery as well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where you order that from maxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I got it from here on Amazon, but I got one used that was "Very Good" condition for £99. There's a guy selling on adverts for €135 actually.

They weren't lying about the very good either, thing is perfect and in original box. The tablet itself is pretty nice, good solid feel to it and good build quality. Screen is better than I was expecting as that was once place the reviews all seemed to comment negatively on, very happy with it so far.. just wanna get home and test streaming!

Oh it comes with the tablet? nice. Let us know how the streaming is, my main concern would be the tablet might not be up to it.

deco nate wrote: »
    Goto home screen, press start, close app. Restart

Did that, reset my connection, reinstalled the app . Nothing seemed to work. I'll try again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

My new toy has arrived

kHhqACq.jpg

I dont know why, but that yolk makes me imagine you'll be piloting some sort of undersea drone with it!

I dont know why, but that yolk makes me imagine you'll be piloting some sort of undersea drone with it!

Ha I was thinking the same , if my partner saw me with that she'd be looking for the drone out the window and asking if I was spying on the neighbours or something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got it from here on Amazon, but I got one used that was "Very Good" condition for £99. There's a guy selling on adverts for €135 actually.

They weren't lying about the very good either, thing is perfect and in original box. The tablet itself is pretty nice, good solid feel to it and good build quality. Screen is better than I was expecting as that was once place the reviews all seemed to comment negatively on, very happy with it so far.. just wanna get home and test streaming!

Will a regular Linx 7 and an xbox controller work?

Did that, reset my connection, reinstalled the app . Nothing seemed to work. I'll try again tonight.

Just to follow this up, my Netflix app is still hanging on the title screen. I've tried resets, re installing, clearing data, pretty much everything and it's still screwed. Opening the app makes the console completely unresponsive. Anyone ever encounter this?

• Advertisement

Dark Souls should be BC soon, it's being offered with pre-orders for Dark Souls 3

Just to follow this up, my Netflix app is still hanging on the title screen. I've tried resets, re installing, clearing data, pretty much everything and it's still screwed. Opening the app makes the console completely unresponsive. Anyone ever encounter this?

You using DNS/VPN to get to other Netflix region? If so disable that and see if it works. Also whats the quality of your connection to the network like, as in xbox to wireless router, any issues with xbox dropping/losing connection :confused:

You using DNS/VPN to get to other Netflix region? If so disable that and see if it works. Also whats the quality of your connection to the network like, as in xbox to wireless router, any issues with xbox dropping/losing connection :confused:

No VPN, no. Xbox connected to a wireless router, Internet is 30mbps and im able to game with it just fine, download stuff. So no issues there. I'll use my ethernet cable and see if it helps.

Edit: tried that, no joy. I'm stumped.

No VPN, no. Xbox connected to a wireless router, Internet is 30mbps and im able to game with it just fine, download stuff. So no issues there. I'll use my ethernet cable and see if it helps.

Yeah it's a strange one, only reason I asked was to eliminate possible sources of trouble. Try it with the cable if it's not too difficult.

Also have a look at the NAT setting status in the network settings on the Xbox just to see if it's Open. I have a problem with the router here where it will go to closed nat every few weeks and I have to reboot it.

I can get into the app if I wait about 10 mins for it to load but it's still crawls along and the xbox become unusable. I'll contact Microsoft anyway, thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I can get into the app if I wait about 10 mins for it to load but it's still crawls along and the xbox become unusable. I'll contact Microsoft anyway, thanks for the help.

Have you tried a complete factory reset of your console?

Nope, that'll be the next step.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

A bit extreme at the moment, there's a few other steps I'd try first.

Do you have enough room on your console? make some space if it's pretty low on space.

Try changing your DNS settings, the google DNS service is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    That's just one that I know off the top of my head, but you can look up others if you don't like google.

Dark Souls should be BC soon, it's being offered with pre-orders for Dark Souls 3

Great news, will always be worth a replay at some stage. Never did get the 1000G.

It was GwG at some stage too so lots of people will already have it.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Great news, will always be worth a replay at some stage. Never did get the 1000G.

It was GwG at some stage too so lots of people will already have it.

Ah those damned tailcuts were a pain and you needed 3 of some of the boss souls to make all of the gear, I was co-oping my 2nd play so we had everything between us to save us doing a third run.

Actually might still have most of the stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement