Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Great news, will always be worth a replay at some stage. Never did get the 1000G.

It was GwG at some stage too so lots of people will already have it.

Such an amazing game, the elation I felt when finishing it is up there in my all time favorite gaming moments.

Such an amazing game, the elation I felt when finishing it is up there in my all time favorite gaming moments.

Got it on launch day with dead island at the time and it sat on my shelf for over a year maturing like fine wine before I played it :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dark Souls should be BC soon, it's being offered with pre-orders for Dark Souls 3

Excellent, but I'd rather see a remaster, akin to the one they did for Dark Souls 2, on the XB1.
    It's probably a better game than the sequel tbh, certainly the environment is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Oh it comes with the tablet? nice. Let us know how the streaming is, my main concern would be the tablet might not be up to it.

Ok so I'm actually well impressed!

Got home last night like an excited child and started up the xbox. Streaming settings were set to medium and I thought I'd just start it up and see how it goes, played a few rounds of battlefront and it was absolutely seamless.

Then did the "test stream" function and it told me very high settings were supported, so changed to that and played some more. Picture was perfect, there was the very very occasional frame rate drop but it was rare and recovered quickly when it did happen. Viewing angles great, but the screen colours were perhaps a little bit washed out.

Streaming - brilliant.

Controller - it took me quite a while to get familiar with the placement of the right stick, and sensitivity on the smaller screen - but after that I loved it. More of a problem for FPS games I'd say, played Unravel after that and it was simple. It Feels good in your hand, good grip, the backlit buttons are nice. Stereo speakers in the tablet are decent too.

All in all I'm pretty chuffed with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    Ok so I'm actually well impressed!

Got home last night like an excited child and started up the xbox. Streaming settings were set to medium and I thought I'd just start it up and see how it goes, played a few rounds of battlefront and it was absolutely seamless.

Then did the "test stream" function and it told me very high settings were supported, so changed to that and played some more. Picture was perfect, there was the very very occasional frame rate drop but it was rare and recovered quickly when it did happen. Viewing angles great, but the screen colours were perhaps a little bit washed out.

Streaming - brilliant.

Controller - it took me quite a while to get familiar with the placement of the right stick, and sensitivity on the smaller screen - but after that I loved it. More of a problem for FPS games I'd say, played Unravel after that and it was simple. It Feels good in your hand, good grip, the backlit buttons are nice. Stereo speakers in the tablet are decent too.

All in all I'm pretty chuffed with it :)

Great review. I think I'll pick one up when I get paid just to play the likes of Valiant Hearts, Ori and Unravel.

It sounds extremely handy for playing the indie games alone.

One thing though, how heavy is it to hold or do you rest it on your legs when playing?

• Advertisement

Yeah I think it'll be indie games I mainly use it for, I didn't try any racing games yet but I'd say it's good for those too.

It's probably a bit heavier compared to other tablets, but not so much to be an issue. The last tablet I had for comparison was an ipad 2 and it feels similar to that when holding in the controller. I actually had it rested on the cat lastnight, he didn't seem to mind so it can't be that heavy :pac:

Oh and on the battery - seems to be decent too. When it arrived it was 90% charged, I spent a lot of time on it in work yesterday just tinkering around and getting used to windows 10 - and then playing for a good 2 hours at least on it lastnight the batt was around 70%.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah I think it'll be indie games I mainly use it for, I didn't try any racing games yet but I'd say it's good for those too.

It's probably a bit heavier compared to other tablets, but not so much to be an issue. The last tablet I had for comparison was an ipad 2 and it feels similar to that when holding in the controller. I actually had it rested on the cat lastnight, he didn't seem to mind so it can't be that heavy :pac:

Oh and on the battery - seems to be decent too. When it arrived it was 90% charged, I spent a lot of time on it in work yesterday just tinkering around and getting used to windows 10 - and then playing for a good 2 hours at least on it lastnight the batt was around 70%.

Perfect. The dog likes to sit on me so I'll rest this on him :D

Now to keep an eye out and see if it drops in price a bit more.

Does the tablet clip out of the controller?

Yeah the tab just slides in/out of the controller dock.

Cd1D6wk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

This is the worst review ever in that its made me want one even more now!
    Thanks a lot!! :(
    Must find a reason to not get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    No VPN, no. Xbox connected to a wireless router, Internet is 30mbps and im able to game with it just fine, download stuff. So no issues there. I'll use my ethernet cable and see if it helps.

Edit: tried that, no joy. I'm stumped.

Are you a UPC/Virgin media customer by any chance?

Saw somewhere, possibly on the Journal, that Virgin customers are having issues with Netflix playback, even though all other aspects of their internet connection are fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Faker74 wrote: »

Saw somewhere, possibly on the Journal, that Virgin customers are having issues with Netflix playback, even though all other aspects of their internet connection are fine.

You are correct

http://www.thejournal.ie/virgin-netflix-speeds-2596147-Feb2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,788 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I am, that just occurred to me yesterday. I was on to both netflix and Microsoft yesterday to no avail. I'll wait and see I guess!

Big thread in the ask VM forum as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yeah the tab just slides in/out of the controller dock.

Cd1D6wk.jpg
    what is the name of this tablet and controller?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So I got to the bottom of the Netflix issue. You probably won't believe me, and I can totally understand why because it seems so ridiculous, but the issue seemed to be my hdmi port. When my xbox was connected to hdmi port 1, Netflix became glacial. When connected to hdmi 2, it worked fine. I refused to believe that this was the root of the problem but I did a test. Started Thor with cable in hdmi 2, was working fine. With the movie still playing, I switched to port one where it became a buggy mess. Returned to port 2 and everything was normal. I'm completely stumped but there it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Try any other devices in HDMI port 1?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Try any other devices in HDMI port 1?

I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Rigged my 360 up again so I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

So I got to the bottom of the Netflix issue. You probably won't believe me, and I can totally understand why because it seems so ridiculous, but the issue seemed to be my hdmi port. When my xbox was connected to hdmi port 1, Netflix became glacial. When connected to hdmi 2, it worked fine. I refused to believe that this was the root of the problem but I did a test. Started Thor with cable in hdmi 2, was working fine. With the movie still playing, I switched to port one where it became a buggy mess. Returned to port 2 and everything was normal. I'm completely stumped but there it is.

That is bizarre!

First taste of rocket league this morning before I left the house, damn it I want more now!

• Advertisement

First taste of rocket league this morning before I left the house, damn it I want more now!

Ahhhhh i've been waiting for that for months! Have it pre-downloaded but wont really be free to play it until tomorrow :(

Anyone fancies a game throw me an invite some time, GT is Adventagious.

I was brutal at it but managed a goal somehow, seems like it'll take some practice :pac:

Added you there!

Got rocket league too. GT is the same as my username on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Got rocket league too. GT is the same as my username on here.

As above :) Looking forward to playing this when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

naughtb4 wrote: »
    As above :) Looking forward to playing this when I get home

GT below, can't wait for a game later.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Went ahead and picked it up myself, it's almost finished downloading. :D

Rocket League is as manic and fun as i hoped, only had a half hour to test it out but very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Such a great game. I did the tutorial and a few matches.

I was like a blind seal trying to hit the ball. It's a great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

1 win with all the cars in rocket league gets you the Warthog :)

Sidenote: Maybe our own Xbox rocket league thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Pudsy33 wrote:

I can only guess that it's some hdcp error

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement