Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,788 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Rocket league is an absolute blast :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    1 win with all the cars in rocket league gets you the Warthog :)

Sidenote: Maybe our own Xbox rocket league thread?

Someone already started one! I have no issues with a thread being here for organising games and the like anyway. :)

Been watching this one on twitch and I have to say the hype and excitement is lost on me. I was going to get is as I saw some much chat and so many on playing but one look tells me this really isn't for me :(

So it's just football with cars or is there more too it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Been watching this one on twitch and I have to say the hype and excitement is lost on me. I was going to get is as I saw some much chat and so many on playing but one look tells me this really isn't for me :(

exploding cars with jumps and hats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

exploding cars with jumps and hats.

Hats?

SOLD.

• Advertisement

just played a good hour or more there. what a laugh. its actually crazy tense as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Football and cars, FOOTBALL AND CARS MAN! What more could you possibly want?! I jest of course but definitely gonna grab it myself. It's meant to be a hoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

just played a good hour or more there. what a laugh. its actually crazy tense as well.

I don't think any game has given me sore trigger finger as fast as Rocket League, it's incredibly tense!

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't think any game has given me sore trigger finger as fast as Rocket League, it's incredibly tense!

its the constant disappointment / elation cycle.

lined up for a good shot, touch of boost for power, hit the jump button.....

then jump over the ball completely :(

cue sad trombone...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Am I the only one that's bummed out that we don't get Street Fighter V? I love Street Fighter. Might have to fork out for a PS4 :( I'll wait til June though when the game has all of it's features.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that's bummed out that we don't get Street Fighter V? I love Street Fighter. Might have to fork out for a PS4 :( I'll wait til June though when the game has all of it's features.

Yeah sounds like it really launched half finished, even by modern standards where most games are borked on Day One.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I really liked Street fighter 2 but that's where it stopped for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭aidz

Looking advice on trying to mirror my android (s5) phone to xbox for streams like rte player etc.
    I can mirror photos/videos etc but don't see the option for streams

aidz wrote: »
    Looking advice on trying to mirror my android (s5) phone to xbox for streams like rte player etc.
    I can mirror photos/videos etc but don't see the option for streams

Are you using the wireless display app on the one ?

I think.... based on my experience using windows 10 and not android for this it requires miracast support not sure how it's been implemented on you're device but I would be amazed if there wasn't an app to cover you for that on the play store. That is just for media on the phone it self as far as I recall RTé player doesn't support even googles own casting to chromecast unless they updated it , someone asked me about all cast recently but I haven't had a chance to look at that one.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got a message from XBL saying there's a closed beta for Gigantic this weekend, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Got a message from XBL saying there's a closed beta for Gigantic this weekend, anyone else?

Just after reading your post when my phone buzzed with the message.

If someone else wants the code, they can have it. I'm not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Mickeroo wrote:

How does one get in on these beta tests for games?

How does one get in on these beta tests for games?

This one just seems to be for folks on the preview dashboard, I definitely didn't sign up for it.

Is there actually a code Misky'? Message said I have to go into the preview app or something rather than just giving me a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

This one just seems to be for folks on the preview dashboard, I definitely didn't sign up for it.

Is there actually a code Misky'? Message said I have to go into the preview app or something rather than just giving me a code.

Don't think there is codes for this. There's a beta games section for preview dash members. This is the first time I've actually seen anything on it though!

Crazy that message showed up on my phone but not nothing on my xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Oh yeah, you're right! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

It's in the beta dashboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

deco nate wrote: »

Aye I know, just weird they push a message to smartglass but not to the xbox itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

The other day I bought new rechargeable Duracell batteries for my controller.
    With a max charge, I'm lucky to get 2 hours of play and no warning of low battery. It's the same with my Energizers. The controller just cuts out randomly. I never had this issue with the 360 controller.
    The €1.49 Kodak batteries in Dealz last a lot longer. Anybody else having this issue? Or know a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ItsShane wrote: »
    The other day I bought new rechargeable Duracell batteries for my controller.
    With a max charge, I'm lucky to get 2 hours of play and no warning of low battery. It's the same with my Energizers. The controller just cuts out randomly. I never had this issue with the 360 controller.
    The €1.49 Kodak batteries in Dealz last a lot longer. Anybody else having this issue? Or know a solution?

That's an odd one. If you double tap the Home Button you can see the controller charge level down the bottom right hand side.

I know it's not a solution but at least you can keep an eye in it.

My official charge kit lasts days.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's an odd one. If you double tap the Home Button you can see the controller charge level down the bottom right hand side.

I know it's not a solution but at least you can keep an eye in it.

My official charge kit lasts days.

Yeah I do have a look at the level every now and then, but you know yourself, when you're stuck in to a game and you lose track of time. Then it suddenly cuts out. Cut off on me when I was in the DZ in Division last night. Wasn't impressed :(

Live having issues again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yep. Just got errors. Switched to offline so I can play fallout

• Advertisement

Seems to be a regular occurrence last few nights at near enough the same time, my dash auto refreshed itself while it was idel there so community and store tabs are back but pins are missing.

Edit: The ready to install list had only some BC arcade titles around 10 everything else missing, I rebooted now it only has 2 :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement