Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah i cant launch any games at all, party chat and that working fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Got a beta code for trackmania turbo any1 else get one or know is it worth downloading

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah i cant launch any games at all, party chat and that working fine though.

Disc games seem to be fine, and playable online. Just downloads not working for me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Disc games seem to be fine, and playable online. Just downloads not working for me.

Every single game I own is digital unfortunately :( Managed to get World of Tanks to launch though so that's something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Every single game I own is digital unfortunately :( Managed to get World of Tanks to launch though so that's something.

Stuff like this is what's holding me back from fully digital.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Stuff like this is what's holding me back from fully digital.

Aye it's a pain, doesn't happen very often but it's extremely frustrating when it does. I can still play single player stuff like fallout and the like if i switch to offline mode though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hope it's not a DDOS attack like the one that took boards out 2 weeks ago(or when ever it was).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

ItsShane wrote: »
    The other day I bought new rechargeable Duracell batteries for my controller.
    With a max charge, I'm lucky to get 2 hours of play and no warning of low battery. It's the same with my Energizers. The controller just cuts out randomly. I never had this issue with the 360 controller.
    The €1.49 Kodak batteries in Dealz last a lot longer. Anybody else having this issue? Or know a solution?

Gane stop. Think a dock and two battery pack ( charge while in controller) os around 25.last a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Hope it's not a DDOS attack like the one that took boards out 2 weeks ago(or when ever it was).

It is a DDOS attack or should I say, was a DDOS attack again...

https://twitter.com/newworldhacking

What a shower of *u*ts. They really have nothing better to be at. I couldnt play anything last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Have they got an actual agenda or are they just doing it for the craic? Twitter is a bit unclear.

Have they got an actual agenda or are they just doing it for the craic? Twitter is a bit unclear.

Not sure mate, I mean they do seem to be behind the last few Xbox Live outages but I am not sure exactly what their motive it.

Other than highlighting some flaws in security, i guess.

The problem is i want to play Rocket League, sooooo I would like them to stop.

Thats what I wanted to play last night aswell! Was sickened :)

I never not want to be playing Rocket League.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

logik wrote: »
    It is a DDOS attack or should I say, was a DDOS attack again...

https://twitter.com/newworldhacking

What a shower of *u*ts. They really have nothing better to be at. I couldnt play anything last night.

I couldn't even start Plex, which was incredibly annoying. What is funny is that these guys are most likely spending money to rent out a bot net to launch these attacks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's not really highlighting any flaws in security to be honest, these are more flaws in the basic infrastructure of the internet. No easy fix for any of this stuff either, no one who was designing this stuff back in the 60s, 70s and 80s thought that the internet would become what it is today.

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's not really highlighting any flaws in security to be honest, these are more flaws in the basic infrastructure of the internet. No easy fix for any of this stuff either, no one who was designing this stuff back in the 60s, 70s and 80s thought that the internet would become what it is today.

Aye, no doubt.

I generally laugh or vaguely approve when hacktivist bodies go after hate groups like Westboro Baptist or hassle Scientology or terrorist sites, but i really don't see the benefit in this kind of action against Xbox.

All my poor digital games, locked away, while i sit there having to read a book like a god damn savage.

CatInABox wrote: »

Thats exactly it. This is not hacking, it just just a bunch of wasters bombarding servers until they fall over. Very hard to protect against it.

You only have to look at boards, it was down for days earlier this year due to a DDOS attack. Very frustrating...

It's not Microsoft's fault in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

When the hell are they gonna remove the xbox live dependancy for apps

Bad enough I couldn't play rocket league but had to listen to her whine about not being able to use netflix :pac:

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    When the hell are they gonna remove the xbox live dependancy for apps

Bad enough I couldn't play rocket league but had to listen to her whine about not being able to use netflix :pac:

Thats the worst part, the whining from the other half :D

Yeah the tab just slides in/out of the controller dock.

Cd1D6wk.jpg

Maxi, are you able to use Party Chat through the tablet?

Hmm, good question!

I'll test that out later

Actually as an aside, I'm thinking of getting a new headset. Is it safe to say all wireless headsets need to use the USB socket on the console? Would rule them out for me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Actually how's it working out now after a bit of time Max?

I'm still very happy with it yeah, haven't actually used it that much over the last few days but the few occasions I have it's just so easy to pick up and play. Very happy with the purchase!

Only problem is I'm getting addicted to playing windows fûcking bingo on it in work.

Hmm, good question!

I'll test that out later

Actually as an aside, I'm thinking of getting a new headset. Is it safe to say all wireless headsets need to use the USB socket on the console? Would rule them out for me

My TurtleBeach Stealth 500x are fully wireless. It gets power from USB and sound from the optical port. Range is great.

My thought on this is as I stream from the Xbox to the tablet, the sound can still come from the console to the headset.

FFS. Just realised I'm an idiot.

For some reason I've been blindly assuming since launch that the USB port on the left side of the console was the only USB port - to the extent that I drilled a hole in my unit to hook my HDD up :pac:

Why didn't I just look at the back?!

Ah well, at least I know I can get a wireless headset now!

Tut tut Maxi...

• ^^LOL

• Advertisement

FFS. Just realised I'm an idiot.

For some reason I've been blindly assuming since launch that the USB port on the left side of the console was the only USB port - to the extent that I drilled a hole in my unit to hook my HDD up :pac:

Why didn't I just look at the back?!

Ah well, at least I know I can get a wireless headset now!

Just WOW :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement