Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

maximoose wrote: »
    FFS. Just realised I'm an idiot.

For some reason I've been blindly assuming since launch that the USB port on the left side of the console was the only USB port - to the extent that I drilled a hole in my unit to hook my HDD up :pac:

Why didn't I just look at the back?!

Ah well, at least I know I can get a wireless headset now!
    Gave me a good laugh.

The Xbox One also supports USB hubs. So if you ever really run out of USB ports just hook one of them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

FFS. Just realised I'm an idiot.

For some reason I've been blindly assuming since launch that the USB port on the left side of the console was the only USB port - to the extent that I drilled a hole in my unit to hook my HDD up :pac:

Why didn't I just look at the back?!

Ah well, at least I know I can get a wireless headset now!

jiFfM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I coulda kept quiet, be grateful I gave you the laugh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I coulda kept quiet, be grateful I gave you the laugh :pac:
    I thank you sir for taking that bullet :)

No live stream of event on Thursday and no coverage until Tuesday next week :(

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/702195885778665472

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Hi there. Does anyone know of a way to download your achievements list as a spreadsheet or similar? Maybe a third party app or something?

qrx wrote: »
    Hi there. Does anyone know of a way to download your achievements list as a spreadsheet or similar? Maybe a third party app or something?

Hmmmmmm don't know of a way for sure but sites like trueachievements might help, you can list achievements and stats in many ways there and possibly copy past into a .csv or direct to excel depending on the formatting needed.

Oh I used to use an app on android called achievement more pro. Think there is a free version too but the paid one was decent value if I recall.

If you care just looking to track them better , trueacheivements is the way to go , they also have an app on the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Microsoft held a big, behind closed doors Press Event in San Francisco on Thursday last week for Xbox and Windows 10, but all the information has been embargoed until tomorrow (1. March).

Unusually, there doesn't appear to have been anything leaked from the event on any other sites - anyone care to speculate?
    • HoloLens preorders for Tech / Developers?
    • HoloLens / Xbox integration?
    • Back Compat Xbox 360 games coming to Win10 store on PC?
    • Windows Store Apps on Xbox One?

• HoloLens preorders for Tech / Developers?

Info for that came out today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Info for that came out today
    Curse my slow typing ... that wasn't there when I started the post, honestly :)

I'm glad that they accurately represent the viewing angle in the First Person videos now - help to set expectation with early adopters.

Looks like some good tech, and good to see Microsoft try to temper excitement by getting it to developers first (or people with a few grand to spare) to build out the user experience by the time it evolves to a consumer product the hardware will have improved and likely become cheaper, and there will hopefully be a big software catalogue for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Regarding that MS news, someone from WindowsCentral that was at the event tweeted "WP is not dead" after it, so could it be something to do with a Surface Phone or something?

So any reason I should not get this?
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/linx-vision-8-gaming-tablet-32-gb/329761/398.1.0
    Maxi I'm looking at you since you've been playing around with it for a while now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So any reason I should not get this?
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/linx-vision-8-gaming-tablet-32-gb/329761/398.1.0
    Maxi I'm looking at you since you've been playing around with it for a while now ;)

Still £129 on Amazon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Definitely don't pay PC World €220 for it, the chancers :pac:

Use flubit on Amazon and you can get it around £115 new - at that price, I really recommend it.

Definitely don't pay PC World €220 for it, the chancers :pac:

Use flubit on Amazon and you can get it around £115 new - at that price, I really recommend it.

I don't know whether to buy the Linx or a new TV for the Xbox :/

Yeah only after i posted the link i had a look at Amazon and can see I can get it for about €165ish

I'd love that Linx tablet too, no way can I buy that for myself and not have the missus notice.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I'd love that Linx tablet too, no way can I buy that for myself and not have the missus notice.

Believe it or not I actually need to get permission off my mother and I am 36 fecking years old!
    I mean I could get it and not tell her, if she doesnt see it she cant ask questions but I plan on taking this with me when I go to Italy and its gonna be obvious seeing me sitting in the car with a tablet that has a controller on it.
    My plan is to tell her that I am getting it as my birthday present :D

Good one Max. Get it. Take that controller off when you go to Italy. You won't be streaming from the xbox then.

• Advertisement

Believe it or not I actually need to get permission off my mother and I am 36 fecking years old!
    I mean I could get it and not tell her, if she doesnt see it she cant ask questions but I plan on taking this with me when I go to Italy and its gonna be obvious seeing me sitting in the car with a tablet that has a controller on it.
    My plan is to tell her that I am getting it as my birthday present :D

Ah here it's your money. Buy what you want :P

She wouldnt believe me when I told her that my mate had bought the Xbox One for me.
    She was going mad until I had him come over and tell her and show her the receipt lol

She wouldnt believe me when I told her that my mate had bought the Xbox One for me.
    She was going mad until I had him come over and tell her and show her the receipt lol

Can I be friends with your friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Good one Max. Get it. Take that controller off when you go to Italy. You won't be streaming from the xbox then.

Actually!

You can totally stream the console to a different network provided you have a decent up speed. You just need to set up dns really, its not hard.

note: i take no responsibility if ye all get fired for playing xbox at work on the jacks.

vhyfxm.jpg

Mother is contributing €80 towards the tablet!
    Huzzah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Visited Mother Russian tonight. 8 more days until I can play Division :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

ItsShane wrote: »
    Visited Mother Russian tonight. 8 more days until I can play Division :D:D

How much did that work out at?
    '

How much did that work out at?
    '

Ended up being just under €70 for the Gold Edition.
    Last week when I checked the prices on XE, I was getting it for abour €47. That's a big hike in exchange rates. Should have shopped around more, but didn't realise the rates had gone up so much. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ItsShane wrote: »
    Ended up being just under €70 for the Gold Edition.
    Last week when I checked the prices on XE, I was getting it for abour €47. That's a big hike in exchange rates. Should have shopped around more, but didn't realise the rates had gone up so much. Lesson learned.

€41.25 from Argentina

http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Well that's my lesson re learned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement