Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Thought id join in the discussion as i just got an Xbox one, after being on the sidelines for some time. my Gamertag is : Gary F

Incidentally i also discovered that my Samsung Tv in our game room is just old enough that it wont do 1080P 60, so I had to set the xbox one for 720p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Few more games out with no notice or warning, Another World remake, and contrast which was on the 360 already but they seem to have ironed out the issues it had.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Zombie Driver Ultimate Edition popped up yesterday too

Looks kinda fun

Started playing Ground Zeroes yesterday and think I've started to understand the complaints about the shoulder buttons. First game I think I've had to use them more than the odd tap (holding for binoculars), and it does feel quite uncomfortable compared to the 360 pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

@eddieri0 'PlayStation Exclusive' was @gametrailers' phrase, not ours - No Man's Sky is having its console debut on PS4 :)

Pretty much confirms No Man's Sky for Xb1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

maximoose wrote: »
    Pretty much confirms No Man's Sky for Xb1 :)

http://www.neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=844067

If the PC version is going to be delayed, the XBO version is probably even further out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Am I only one who thinks No Mans Sky doesnt look anything amazing ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

miju wrote: »

I would have said it looks nice, not amazing.

I hope there is something compelling in the game. It worries me that there are only 10 developers on No Mans Sky. It makes me think there wont be much content.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »
    http://www.neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=844067

If the PC version is going to be delayed, the XBO version is probably even further out.

It's a lot of work for a very small team to make release on multiple platforms, but I'd say the XB1 will be before the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think it's an impressive tech demo, but I'd be worried that it'll end up as loads of empty worlds or boring worlds. Id like to know what the overall objective is.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

its a game that's right up my alley, but as usual I'm not getting lost in the hype. Too many hyped games end up being nothing more than potential and too many people hype a game simply because others are hyping it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Anyone else like the look of Valiant Hearts? Gonna download it now.

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Reviews sold me on a day one purchase, not available on the US marketplace at the minute though.

calex71 wrote: »
    Reviews sold me on a day one purchase, not available on the US marketplace at the minute though.

Don't think it's out there til Friday for some reason. Ubisoft's 2D stuff is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I would have said it looks nice, not amazing.

I hope there is something compelling in the game. It worries me that there are only 10 developers on No Mans Sky. It makes me think there wont be much content.

As my auldwan always tells me, it's quality not quantity that keeps you going.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Downloaded it last night and love it. Played it for a solid 2 hrs and adored everything it has to offer. so work the $14.99

My game of 2014 without a shadow of doubt

New trailer for Pier Solar HD out, hopefully this means the delays are over and we'll finally see it released on One.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition will debut on Xbox One as a free download, replacing June’s Xbox One Games with Gold title Halo: Spartan Assault (so be sure to grab it now if you haven’t already). Max: The Curse of Brotherhood will remain available for Xbox Live Gold members to download for Xbox One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Was Spartan Assault on the 360 a digital download only, or did it get a physical release?

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition will debut on Xbox One as a free download, replacing June’s Xbox One Games with Gold title Halo: Spartan Assault (so be sure to grab it now if you haven’t already). Max: The Curse of Brotherhood will remain available for Xbox Live Gold members to download for Xbox One.

So only 1 game next month? Or will they replace Max later in the month I wonder? My money is on Loco Cycle being next on the free list.
    Myrddin wrote: »
    Was Spartan Assault on the 360 a digital download only, or did it get a physical release?

Not that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I think it's only going to be one this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

This looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

It doesn't bode too well for the game that Microsoft isn't even going to try and sell it, just giving it away straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Nolimits wrote: »
    It doesn't bode too well for the game that Microsoft isn't even going to try and sell it, just giving it away straight away.

Where is the logic in that? Look at ps4 they giving away titles like Outlast when they came out in PS+ then charged later if you missed it and anyone I have spoken to that got it on one said while it was expensive at 19.99 it was by no means a bad game. Free does not = Bad

By all accounts Guacamelee is highly anticipated , no one expected it to be free at all, in fact based on what I had seen I was willing to pay , so this is good to have it for free now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Maestro84 wrote: »

is that because Spartan Assualt is possibly one of the worst games ever made?

Have to agree, Halo was complete pish. Muggins here bought it full price as I'm sure many of you did. Max is a great game though imo.

All the games for july have been posted over in the Games with gold thread, and here was me fully expecting Loco cycle to be inflicted on everyone in all it's 13GB waste of bandwidth glory

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I tried spartan assault the other night as single player and co op and have to agree its a load of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Its horrific, played the first 5 levels then deleted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah!

Its the only E3 title that really made me do a Yankee style whoop whoop and stand up out of my chair when it came on - I thought it was Destiny at the start of the video... :P

If it's not all waffle and hype it could theoretically be amazing, let's just hope the devs aren't doing a Peter Molyneux and promising a lot that they can't deliver... :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement