Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Ok I am getting a bit nervous now about my order! :(

I can connect to mine but I cant switch it on however I can switch off the Xbox from it
    Is your power mode set to Instant On?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Allyall wrote: »
    They have a dedicated forum that may help with a lot of your issues.
    Linx Support seem to get a very good rating and for people that have similar issues to you, they have even sent out a USB with the factory image on it, to reset the OS. That's pretty impressive, rather than sending a large file download and DIY etc..

http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=66

Thanks, will take a look later, I did a factory reset earlier was able to install the XBOX beta app after that, so the store is back working now.

Updating Windows now (again) and will test it with the controller and streaming when I get home.

If it does not connect with either XBOX app, then I am going to concede defeat on this one and return it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Is your power mode set to Instant On?

i have the same issue, xbox set to instant on. cannot turn it on from smartglass, but once it is on can connect, stream, and turn off no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hope you get sorted Mr Freeze anyway. Feel bad for recommending it now but I'm genuinely loving mine, shame you're having issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Look, if it works then awesome but if not, well this is the first tablet that I have actually purchased for myself and as long as I can use it for other stuff, streaming movies, playing non xbox games, then I will probably be happy, especially when I am out of the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Haven't played much online the last year or so but wow that Rocket League is a lorra lorra fun. Totally addicted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Forgot I had Carcassone on the 360, that was a nice surprise to get. It's one of the nice things about the BC games coming out in dribs and drabs, you get time to savour games that would have been lost in the deluge if they all came out at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Been watching this one on twitch and I have to say the hype and excitement is lost on me. I was going to get is as I saw some much chat and so many on playing but one look tells me this really isn't for me :(

So it's just football with cars or is there more too it ?

I'm a long time RL player on PS4 so I have to butt in here!

It is football with cars but it's unbelievably balanced and deep. It's not just hitting a ball, you can fly, flip forward, back or to the sides. You can ride along the walls and take shots off the walls. There is depth into your positioning on the field, how much you should attack or hang back.

It's more like FIFA than FIFA but you don't even have to be a football fan really to enjoy it. Watch some medium to high level of matches at least before making a decision on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Having a bit of a nightmare with the Linkvision 8 tablet & xbox controller.

The streaming worked once. It will not even see the XBOX now.
    The Windows store won't work, just get errors downloading any apps.
    Those are win 10 issues and nothing to do with the tablet really.

The controllers D Pad down button does not seem to work most of the time, the odd time it works.

Resetting the tablet now, if there are still issues after that It will be going back to Argos, and I won't be recommending this tablet unfortunately.

Have you cold booted the console? Ive had one device connect and the other device unable to find the console all on the same network and a cold boot always sorts it.

Linxvision tablet was behaving itself last night after a factory reset, I won't be returning it just yet unless I get home this evening and its not seeing the xbox again.

The streaming from the XBOX ONE is constantly popping up with Low Network Quality messages.

Not related to the tablet, its probably more to do with the XBOX app and streaming in general, has anyone any tips on how best to set up the network for the best quality streaming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What kind of range you using the tablet at? I am probably benefiting greatly from the tiny size of my apartment :pac:

There are some tips here about improving the quality. Big one I think is having your console wired to the router

I was reading through the link that Allyall gave yesterday and found that disabling these services sure enough did have a noticeable impact on the tablet's performance. Will have a good dig around that forum today for more

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Do Xbox Live membership cards still stack? On a prepaid card until the 22nd and have another 3 month one, can I enter it now and it will add on?

Yes they do, I stacked mine and am covered until about March next year

maximoose wrote: »
    What kind of range you using the tablet at? I am probably benefiting greatly from the tiny size of my apartment :pac:

My place isn't too large either. Can get some proper measurements laters.
    I'm in the next room from the router and both the ONE and tablet (no option for wired on it I think) are connecting to the wifi.

Will take a look at those links later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    My place isn't too large either. Can get some proper measurements laters.
    I'm in the next room from the router and both the ONE and tablet (no option for wired on it I think) are connecting to the wifi.

Will take a look at those links later.

If you can't connect the Xbox One to the router directly (i.e it's in another room), then you should look into power line adapters. They'll connect the Xbox and router over the power cables in your apartment.

When looking at them, make sure to buy the 500+ ones.

MOD NOTE: Deleted a few posts talking about how to access foreign regions stores.

Remember, discussion of bargains found in foreign regions is totally fine, discussion of how to do so is not.

CIAB

CatInABox wrote: »
    If you can't connect the Xbox One to the router directly (i.e it's in another room), then you should look into power line adapters. They'll connect the Xbox and router over the power cables in your apartment.

When looking at them, make sure to buy the 500+ ones.

I use the Powerline Adapters at my place as I have my room in the attic and the router is in the hallway downstairs.
    Its hand because not only does the adapter have 3 Ethernet ports I can use(I connect my TV, Xbox One and PS3) but it also has its own WiFi with encryption.

Its something like this
    coyQLwn.jpg

CatInABox wrote: »
    MOD NOTE: Deleted a few posts talking about how to access foreign regions stores.

Remember, discussion of bargains found in foreign regions is totally fine, discussion of how to do so is not.

CIAB

I'm not sure was this directed at me or was there any subsequent posts.

In my defence I wasn't saying how to access the markets(maybe did indirectly but that was while asking for help and clarifying the steps I took).

I was just pointing out a glitch can occur where the wallet isn't available unless a certain aspect is inputted.

I'm not sure was this directed at me or was there any subsequent posts.

In my defence I wasn't saying how to access the markets(maybe did indirectly but that was while asking for help and clarifying the steps I took).

I was just pointing out a glitch can occur where the wallet isn't available unless a certain aspect is inputted.

Directly, no, but indirectly, talking about fake addresses, etc, yes. While it wasn't a step by step guide with detailed instructions, it was still too informative about the process.

To be honest, unless someone is repeatedly ignoring the ban, or is putting full instructions up, I assume that they didn't know about the ban. I'll then edit (or, if it's full of information, delete) the offending posts rather than card anyone.

An on-thread reminder for everyone should be enough after that.

If you or anyone else wants to discuss this with me further, then please PM me. As it is, this policy is boards policy, and will stay in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It's funny signing into Netflix on XB1, they custom keyboard they bring up has 3 of the most popular emails to save you some time, @hotmail.com @gmail.com and @eircom.net :eek: :pac:

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's funny signing into Netflix on XB1, they custom keyboard they bring up has 3 of the most popular emails to save you some time, @hotmail.com @gmail.com and @eircom.net :eek: :pac:

you would be amazed how many people use @eircom.net addresses, in gig I did in customer support some years ago I'd say 3/10 emails to us were from that domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My microsoft account/xbox live account is on my eircom.net email address. I had a eircom.net email address long before I bothered getting a gmail one but I have three eircom.net email address with all mail forwarded to my gmail account.

Here's an old and technical but very interesting article about achievements and how they work http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/Live/EngineeringBlog/071510-AchievementsUnlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fable-legends-cancelled-lionhead-closure-proposed/1100-6435421/

was a fan of the studio. I liked the first two Fable games. This is kind of crap.

So Lionhead Studios is going, along with Fable Legends. It wasn't looking too good in the beta, but it's still sad that they're closing the studio down, produced some good stuff. Seems that Peter Molyeux was Lionhead, it didn't really have it's own identity after he left.

Press play also closed, they did the Max games.

See here

I liked Lionhead, more so for Black & White than Fable.

I did like the first Fable game, but I think that series went seriously down hill with each new game. I won't miss it.

But all hopes of a new Black & White are probably gone now, pity that studio is gone.

I thought they had made a Black & White 2, I remember getting it cause I loved the first one.

Yup, I knew I wasnt imagining it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_%26_White_2

I thought they had made a Black & White 2, I remember getting it cause I loved the first one.

Yup, I knew I wasnt imagining it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_%26_White_2

Ya there was 2, both great.

I can't remember what the differences between the 2 were now tho, different creatures and environments I suppose.

Different creatures, more of a Real Time strategy feel, I remember having to make gestures with the hand to cast miracles, I hated that.

Anyway, on topic, its been a very slow day on the forums, well this section anyway, anyone have the new GWG deals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I absolutely loved Fable 2, replayed it multiple times over the years. Also quite enjoyed Fable 3 but Fable Legends seemed like a steaming pile of **** to me...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement