Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Different creatures, more of a Real Time strategy feel, I remember having to make gestures with the hand to cast miracles, I hated that.

Anyway, on topic, its been a very slow day on the forums, well this section anyway, anyone have the new GWG deals?

I've been watching out for it, nothing yet.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I absolutely loved Fable 2, replayed it multiple times over the years. Also quite enjoyed Fable 3 but Fable Legends seemed like a steaming pile of **** to me...

Legends was pure scutter , weird thing is I only got a mail last week with latest server times for the beta.

I had no love for the 1st Fable game, was ok but I loved Fable 2 and 3 too just not that doll catcher achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I'm glad Microsoft have at least some standards. Pity it took them until the beta stage of Fable Legends but I suppose they might have decided before hand lets wait to see how Fable Legends looks in the beta before deciding.

On another topic, not sure if there is a help section here? Can someone explain to me how game sharing works on the xbox one? I have an adult and children profiles. I've been buying the kids games on my adult profile but I've just realised, when they grow up and have their own xboxes, will they be able to take those games with them or will they always need me setup on their xbox?

Or in other words, does a game share only apply when you are accessing the owners home xbox? What happens if I change my home xbox to another xbox, can they still access my games or do they disappear?

Hope that makes sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Don't want to be just kicking people when they're down but the only Fable I played was Fable 2. I still have the first Fable with all the extras un-played (backlogs, backlogs).

I found Fable 2 a little bit over-rated. I liked the direction and art style, but as a game I only found it average.

I'm glad Microsoft have at least some standards. Pity it took them until the beta stage of Fable Legends but I suppose they might have decided before hand lets wait to see how Fable Legends looks in the beta before deciding.

On another topic, not sure if there is a help section here? Can someone explain to me how game sharing works on the xbox one? I have an adult and children profiles. I've been buying the kids games on my adult profile but I've just realised, when they grow up and have their own xboxes, will they be able to take those games with them or will they always need me setup on their xbox?

Or in other words, does a game share only apply when you are accessing the owners home xbox? What happens if I change my home xbox to another xbox, can they still access my games or do they disappear?

Hope that makes sense!

p.s. Also with GWG, should I be downloading them on the kids accounts? Is that allowed? Will they then own them or is it dependant on them being on my home xbox?

• Advertisement

Wasn't Fable Legends meant to be the first cross platform PC versus Xbox game? That's a bit of a setback, unless they have something better in the pipeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

qrx wrote: »

Hope that makes sense!

On the second XB1 you need to sign into it with your main profile that owns all the games, go to settings and set xbox #2 as your home xbox. Then you can delete your profile off it you wish.

Now you can play all your games as usual on your main xbox as long as you're signed in, and any1 on xbox #2 can play all your games too.

Not sure if they'll continue the game sharing thing with future xbox's or not but that's how it is now.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    On the second XB1 you need to sign into it with your main profile that owns all the games, go to settings and set xbox #2 as your home xbox. Then you can delete your profile off it you wish.

Now you can play all your games as usual on your main xbox as long as you're signed in, and any1 on xbox #2 can play all your games too.

Not sure if they'll continue the game sharing thing with future xbox's or not but that's how it is now.

Great. I'll probably start buying their games on their own profiles from now on just in case it changes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

CatInABox wrote: »
    So Lionhead Studios is going, along with Fable Legends. It wasn't looking too good in the beta, but it's still sad that they're closing the studio down, produced some good stuff. Seems that Peter Molyeux was Lionhead, it didn't really have it's own identity after he left.

Press play also closed, they did the Max games.

See here

Sad to see them go but with that said having being playing the closed alpha / beta for some time Fable Legends is a terrible, terrible game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Sad to see them go but with that said having being playing the closed alpha / beta for some time Fable Legends is a terrible, terrible game

They're the politicians of the gaming world, all promises and great ideas, but never delivered on much of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I saw an article saying it wasn't confirmed that the studio was shutting down, the game was definitely canned though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rorok wrote: »
    I saw an article saying it wasn't confirmed that the studio was shutting down, the game was definitely canned though

Yeah, Loinhead is "under review", but from the language of the press release, and the reaction on twitter (people from Lionhead being offered/looking for jobs), it's a near certainty.

If it does survive, it'll be in a greatly reduced form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

If you can't connect the Xbox One to the router directly (i.e it's in another room), then you should look into power line adapters. They'll connect the Xbox and router over the power cables in your apartment.

Just a question on these powerline adapters before I purchase.

Do the 2 sockets have to be on the same circuit/trip for these to work or will any two sockets in the house work?

My router is in the kitchen corner and that socket is on a different circuit/trip to the living room, just wondering if thats an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Just a question on these powerline adapters before I purchase.

Do the 2 sockets have to be on the same circuit/trip for these to work or will any two sockets in the house work?

My router is in the kitchen corner and that socket is on a different circuit/trip to the living room, just wondering if thats an issue.

My router is in the hall and my Xbox is upstairs.

I'll check at lunch but I think my sockets are all on the same trip switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I used mine in an extension lead and it worked fine, dont know if that is any use to you.
    But having since moved the furniture around, I have had mine plugged into a socket, whether its on the same circuit as the others I dont know.

Do you mean you've got two switch boxes? I think it won't work in that case, but it should be fine if it's just the one.

In some cases, these can actually work across houses (i.e. the neighbours house), that's why they come with encryption as standard.

• Fable 3 was awful anyway so they have histroy of mdeocrity, I'm not that surprised to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Do you mean you've got two switch boxes? I think it won't work in that case, but it should be fine if it's just the one.

In some cases, these can actually work across houses (i.e. the neighbours house), that's why they come with encryption as standard.

One switch box, but the socket where the router is on one breaker and the living room sockets on another. I was wondering do they have to be on the same.

See my terminology might not be correct either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

One switch box, but the socket where the router is on one breaker and the living room sockets on another. I was wondering do they have to be on the same.

See my terminology might not be correct either.

i know what your saying, some houses are wired in such a way that all the upstairs sockets are on one circuit breaker, and all the ground floor ones are on another.

It seems you've a similar setup. I dont want to advise you as I'm not 100% sure, but I did find this

http://www.frequencycast.co.uk/powerline.html

if you scroll to the faq part at the bottom, this question is asked.

Q. Will HomePlugs work where the transmitter and receiver are on different fused circuits from the Mains Board (John L)

In most cases, HomePlugs will work on a electrical circuits that share the same electricity meter. If you have a three-phase power supply (which is not that common for residential properties), Powerline adapters will only work on the same phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ya there was 2, both great.

I can't remember what the differences between the 2 were now tho, different creatures and environments I suppose.

1>2

2 had armies and more town stuff, like walls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Quick question.

My brother and I have home consoles swapped for game sharing. We both had Xbox live subscriptions but mine expires today, can we play off his subscription on both consoles or do I need a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Quick question.

My brother and I have home consoles swapped for game sharing. We both had Xbox live subscriptions but mine expires today, can we play off his subscription on both consoles or do I need a new one?

You are grand, your console has his gold shared, when he logs in hes got gold anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You are grand, your console has his gold shared, when he logs in hes got gold anyway.

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Quick question.

ye can both play off his

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just to say, hats off to Smyth's in Swords, my controller developed a fault, the one I bought at the end of December last, and thought I'd no receipt they swapped it for another anyway.
    Fair play and good customer service there.

Got the Linx tablet on Tuesday, tried it out and streamed Ark and Roceket League with no problem.
    Very handy and vey useful, I love this little guy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Got the Linx tablet on Tuesday, tried it out and streamed Ark and Roceket League with no problem.
    Very handy and vey useful, I love this little guy! :D

Have you tried any backwards compatible games on it

No not yet but I downloaded the Snes App from the Microsoft Store and was able to use the controller to play some classic Snes games, I was in heaven.
    I am trying to sort out Steam on it now, I have some of the games installed but they tend to crash when I try to run them so I might try putting them on a MicroSD card.

Anyone notice that favorites aren't at the top of friends list now ? Don't think it's related to preview dashboard as it's in the windows app too :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone notice that favorites aren't at the top of friends list now ? Don't think it's related to preview dashboard as it's in the windows app too :confused:

Oh yeah, changing to favourites doesn't save once you exit. Stoopid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement