Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    Oh yeah, changing to favourites doesn't save once you exit. Stoopid.

Assume it's just a bug

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Rorok wrote: »
    Have you tried any backwards compatible games on it

I played a good bit of Dirt Showdown on mine lastnight, was flawless streaming but gave me my first complaint about the tablet - the right trigger / button layout is a bit awkard for games where you'll be holding RT down for long periods - was nipping my finger after a while, it's as if the triggers aren't angled enough or something to sit comfortably while using the buttons (or my hands are too small)

Might see if I can change the triggers around

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Do the Xtra-Vision Xpress Vending machines carry Xbox One games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Colham wrote:
    Do the Xtra-Vision Xpress Vending machines carry Xbox One games?

Are they still around seeing as xtravision are gone out of business now?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Nebaw

Does anyone else find there controller doing a 1 second reset randomly and then the mic stops working untill you put in and out the battery pack again?

• Advertisement

Nebaw wrote:
    Does anyone else find there controller doing a 1 second reset randomly and then the mic stops working untill you put in and out the battery pack again?

Happened me a couple times over the weekend but only because I was far from my Xbox with a 20foot HDMI cable coming from Xbox upstairs to TV downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    I was far from my Xbox with a 20foot HDMI cable coming from Xbox upstairs to TV downstairs.

Crazy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Happened me a couple times over the weekend but only because I was far from my Xbox with a 20foot HDMI cable coming from Xbox upstairs to TV downstairs.

I think my remote just took a knock and thats what its doing it, its def not the same reason as yours haha.

Rocket league getting cross platform support so xb1 players will be able to play against ps4 players now too, hopefully this leads to further games using it. CoD, Battlefield etc, playing against PS4 players would be fun.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2887850/xbox-one-cross-play-opens-up-to-ps4-microsoft-makes-huge-announcement/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is a great idea :)

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    This is a great idea :)

Awh stop. I was sick of moving my xbox from room to room depending on what room I felt in the mood for so now just drag a cable from mancave to sittingroom or bedroom :P

Delighted my turtle beach work in different rooms too, I was just using basic headset with tv audio.

Awh stop. I was sick of moving my xbox from room to room depending on what room I felt in the mood for so now just drag a cable from mancave to sittingroom or bedroom :P

Delighted my turtle beach work in different rooms too, I was just using basic headset with tv audio.

My headset reaches all around my house but just cuts out when it gets to the fridge :D

It sounds like you have the ideal set up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Hi lads just wondering has anyone else had problems with party chat and gaming at the same time, was in a party last night and when a thrid person would join the second would leave and when he came back the other would leave without touching anything, I thought party's could host 6/8 people, couldn't start a game of Madden while in party chat either

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

tripperman wrote: »
    Hi lads just wondering has anyone else had problems with party chat and gaming at the same time, was in a party last night and when a thrid person would join the second would leave and when he came back the other would leave without touching anything, I thought party's could host 6/8 people, couldn't start a game of Madden while in party chat either

Yeah had problems the last two nights with lads disconnecting from party chat alright. Seemed to happen at random times tho. Very annoying.

Yeah had problems the last two nights with lads disconnecting from party chat alright. Seemed to happen at random times tho. Very annoying.

Were they on the preview dash? Latest update addresses some party chat issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Were they on the preview dash? Latest update addresses some party chat issues.

When was this update, about three ago i last updated, there was no update to do when I checked last week, I don't think I'm in preview dash,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

When is Microsoft ever going to give us quality games that were on the Xbox 360 onto Xbox one through Backwards Compatibility. All the games they chose so far are crap and they said the games (inc. ones I want) are coming SOON. I have waited 3 months now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

sryanbruen wrote: »
    When is Microsoft ever going to give us quality games that were on the Xbox 360 onto Xbox one through Backwards Compatibility. All the games they chose so far are crap and they said the games (inc. ones I want) are coming SOON. I have waited 3 months now...
    It's not actually Microsoft. It's the publishers that are the issue. They have to give Xbox permission to add their games to the backward compatible list.

This requires no work on behalf of the studios other than giving their consent.

You could always go play your PS3 games on your PS4.... Oh wait ;)

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You could always go play your PS3 games on your PS4.... Oh wait ;)

I hate how the PS controller feels compared to Xbox so no.

It's not actually Microsoft. It's the publishers that are the issue. They have to give Xbox permission to add their games to the backward compatible list.

This requires no work on behalf of the studios other than giving their consent.

Well that explains A LOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Well that explains A LOT.
    It does, really. Microsoft could flip the switch and publish all the games but could get into trouble with the content owners because they haven't given permission for their content to be distributed Visa this method.

If there's a game that you really want, then nag the content owners... (and Microsoft) ... So they can work together to get it done.

It does, really. Microsoft could flip the switch and publish all the games but could get into trouble with the content owners because they haven't given permission for their content to be distributed Visa this method.

If there's a game that you really want, then nag the content owners... (and Microsoft) ... So they can work together to get it done.

Call of Duty Black Ops 1 and 2. Modern Warfare 2. Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing.

^ Those are the only games I want on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Call of Duty Black Ops 1 and 2. Modern Warfare 2. Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing.

^ Those are the only games I want on it!

If you're hurting to play them that badly wouldn't you buy a second hand 360? There's more quality games to play on Xbox one than there is hours in the day.

If you're hurting to play them that badly wouldn't you buy a second hand 360? There's more quality games to play on Xbox one than there is hours in the day.

I have an xbox one and an xbox 360, it's just an effort to change the console over :D:pac::P:o:rolleyes::)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I have an xbox one and an xbox 360, it's just an effort to change the console over :D:pac::P:o:rolleyes::)

Plug the 360s HDMI lead into the back of the xbox one in the "from sat/cable" port - you don't need to swap hdmi leads around then as the xbox one will display whats on the 360, which you then use as normal.

Grab 1 month free xbox live gold from here: https://account.xbox.com/en-IE/Subscriptions/Index?title=Gold&purchaseIndex=-1

Microsoft's apology for downtime recently. Just make sure to cancel auto-renewal straight away after claiming free month here: https://account.microsoft.com/services/cancel?subscriptionId=YdhgBwAAAAAAABQA&cancellationType=DisableAutoRenew&serviceType=Subscription

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Grab 1 month free xbox live gold from here: https://account.xbox.com/en-IE/Subscriptions/Index?title=Gold&purchaseIndex=-1

Microsoft's apology for downtime recently. Just make sure to cancel auto-renewal straight away after claiming free month here: https://account.microsoft.com/services/cancel?subscriptionId=YdhgBwAAAAAAABQA&cancellationType=DisableAutoRenew&serviceType=Subscription

Showing as $ 9.99 for me. Is it only if you had bought through Xbox store before ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement