Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

trixiebust wrote: »
    Showing as $ 9.99 for me. Is it only if you had bought through Xbox store before ?

Should be for gold members if you had an active gold subscription during the past month I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Should be for gold members if you had an active gold subscription during the past month I think.

Its still coming up €7 for me

Rorok wrote:
    Its still coming up €7 for me

Turns out it was just a glitch but anyone who grabbed it last night keeps it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Thank God for my Insomnia, as soon as you posted it last night I clicked and took it :D
    Love me some freebies!!

Alan Wake, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Pac-Man should on the list of Backward Compatible games from now.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Alan Wake, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Pac-Man should on the list of Backward Compatible games from now.

Apparently it's possible to install Halo Wars through trickery now too so it will probably be made official pretty soon as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Anyone know of this issue?
    Basically like 50% of the time I'm not getting notifications when people have messaged me,being going on for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

That happens me at times, logging out and back in resolves it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Apparently it's possible to install Halo Wars through trickery now too so it will probably be made official pretty soon as well.

you can "pre-install" if you like but it won't launch.

This was an interesting one on reddt https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/4av1we/just_received_this_email_from_microsoft/

Major nelson saying it's inaccurate , interesting from the point that other sites are showing ratings submissions for a bioshock collection release.

Halo Wars is playable from later tonight for dash preview members only:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/710609410125594624

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Looked up halos wars there seeing how long ago I bought it. 2009 and I had no idea the game was 7 years old :O.

For some strange reason I won't to play it again but my copy of it is 80 km away in the mothers and fathers house.

Will I spend the 5 euros on buying it from cex ?. Or will I wait another few weeks to play it and add to my huge back log.

The joys of 10 hour days in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thanlon2704

I finally got around and bought GTA 5 for the XB1 but the problem is I have to update it and the real problem is I have a very slow internet. It's only 1mpm and the update is 9gb, it downloads 300mb per hour so it almost take two whole days to download this sucker. I'm wondering before I do can I play the game while it's updating at some point?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I finally got around and bought GTA 5 for the XB1 but the problem is I have to update it and the real problem is I have a very slow internet. It's only 1mpm and the update is 9gb, it downloads 300mb per hour so it almost take two whole days to download this sucker. I'm wondering before I do can I play the game while it's updating at some point?

No, you'll need to wait until its all done.

My home net is crap, so i bring my xbox external hdd into work and pull down my games there.

No, you'll need to wait until its all done.

My home net is crap, so i bring my xbox external hdd into work and pull down my games there.

Too bad you can't do that with updates, I remember when I got the Master Chief collection I had to ask a mate could I bring my Xbox to his house so I could update it. Felt like a big child.

Where are you based? Someone might be kind enough to let you use their net or copy their gta install if you're near someone on here...

Where are you based? Someone might be kind enough to let you use their net or copy their gta install if you're near someone on here...

Meath, it's grand though thanks. Just the next time I go out for the night I'll leave the xbox on and hopefully it be almost done by the time I'd get home.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I see there's a rumour that Sony are developing a PS4.5, capable of 4k gaming. Makes the "Upgradable Xbox" that Phil Spencer was talking about much more likely in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sunset Overdrive is such a fun game. I'm free roaming like a champ. Now I can just shoot off at speed in any direction and will bounce, grind or fly. At the beginning of the game it was difficult as you cannot bounce far or as high and cannot shoot across in front of you so I used to just use grind to get around everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Sunset Overdrive is such a fun game. I'm free roaming like a champ. Now I can just shoot off at speed in any direction and will bounce, grind or fly. At the beginning of the game it was difficult as you cannot bounce far or as high and cannot shoot across in front of you so I used to just use grind to get around everywhere.

Excellent game, was the first game I bought along with Rare Replay when I bought the Xbox One back last August. Hope they make a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is there a way on Xbox One to put friends into various groups? So for example, I might have 5 or 6 people on my friends list that are FIFA players so I can put them in a category called FIFA. If I play The Division, I have a group all added into that category?

At the moment its just one sprawling list and all you can do is "close friends".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

joe123 wrote: »
    Is there a way on Xbox One to put friends into various groups? So for example, I might have 5 or 6 people on my friends list that are FIFA players so I can put them in a category called FIFA. If I play The Division, I have a group all added into that category?

At the moment its just one sprawling list and all you can do is "close friends".

no unfortunately. but if you go to a game, hit the menu button, then game hub, then tab over to friends, it shows who on your friends list is currently playing that game, if theres a party made, and who has played it recently.

Assassin's Creed, Dark Void & GRID 2 are now backwards compatible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm extremely torn right now, I'm really really tempted by The Division, but I still have Halo 5 to play through. And Gears.... And The Witcher 3.... sigh. What a problem to have.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'm extremely torn right now, I'm really really tempted by The Division, but I still have Halo 5 to play through. And Gears.... And The Witcher 3.... sigh. What a problem to have.

It was bad enough having hundreds of games on Steam not even touched but ever since I discovered XB1 game sharing & foreign markets, my xbox backlog is even worse! :eek: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I'm the same. Still Have Batman, Sunset & Halo 5 unopened, not even installed waiting because I've jumped into Rocket League and the Division :o

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

I have about 60 games to get to between 360 and X1, games I bought and games with gold that I want to play. the worst part is I just keep buying games. I can't help it!

It was bad enough having hundreds of games on Steam not even touched but ever since I discovered XB1 game sharing & foreign markets, my xbox backlog is even worse! :eek: :P

Apparently, if i played through my steam backlog in one sitting, it would take 384 days.....

Anyway, have decided to get The Division in a few days. Yay, backlog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm being pretty good this year so far, apart from GWG and PS Plus I've only bought Saints Rows IV and Gat out of Hell as part of Deals with Gold and Soma as a deal on PSN.

Still have a big backlog on PS4 and Xbox One. And don't even go there on older consoles. Have some PS2 classics that I picked up on the cheap back when the PS3 came along and haven't even opened them. :o

I've been using My Game Collection on Android (not sure if there is an iPhone version). It helps me keep tabs on what I have on my backlog and what I have played and completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

After reading the love for Sunset Overdrive, decided to jump back in after forgetting about it due to my backlog.

What a brilliant, original game this is. Great fun, brilliant for only when you've an hour to spare.

Wonder was there ever talk of a sequel ?

• Advertisement

trixiebust wrote: »
    After reading the love for Sunset Overdrive, decided to jump back in after forgetting about it due to my backlog.

What a brilliant, original game this is. Great fun, brilliant for only when you've an hour to spare.

Wonder was there ever talk of a sequel ?

Definitely didn't sell well enough for it to be an exclusive if there is a second one.

Phil Spencer said at the end of last year there was no sequel in development at present.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement