Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Started playing 'The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing' what a game it is so good. I didn't think I would like it. Found it pretty difficult at the beginning but it has grown on me and to make the deal sweeter it was a games with gold game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Finally took the plunge and bought an Xbox One and a copy of Halo 5 this very morning. Cannot wait to get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Finally took the plunge and bought an Xbox One and a copy of Halo 5 this very morning. Cannot wait to get back into it.

Add me for Halo 5 multiplayer if you're interested, Im on most nights for quick blasts, its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just want to be sure with the backwards compatible games:

If I own a disc for the 360 I can use that now in the XB1 ?
    Can I buy 360 games in the sales as digital and use them on the XB1 or do I need a disc to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

GBX wrote: »
    If I own a disc for the 360 I can use that now in the XB1 ?

If the game is BC yep. When you insert the disc it'll download the digital copy, and you'll need to insert the disc each time you want to play it.
    Can I buy 360 games in the sales as digital and use them on the XB1 or do I need a disc to play?

Digital sales won't need the disc at all! If your account owns a copy of the digital game you're good to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Super, thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Make sure you claim your free games every 2 weeks

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/live/games-with-gold?xr=shellnav

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Just saw Major Nelson's post on twitter, Wolf Among Us and Sunset Overdrive.

Seems like a decent pair for those who haven't picked them up already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Just saw Major Nelson's post on twitter, Wolf Among Us and Sunset Overdrive.

Seems like a decent pair for those who haven't picked them up already!

Wait wait wait, are they Free next month?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

• Advertisement

Wait wait wait, are they Free next month?

Yeah

Praise the lord, I was about to purchase it last night online!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I had opened it in a separate tab but was reading here before i moved over to it.
    Doubt I will get a chance to play it but it will be downloaded.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Halo Wars, Soul Calibur II & King of Fighters '98 are now available on Xbox One Back Compat

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/714482195465957377

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

any offers for xbox one with kinect? where I can find the cheapest one?

sosq wrote: »

Argos usually

sosq wrote: »

The extra expense of one is questionable these days, they removed gesture support, and few games use it so all it's really good for is voice commands and skype.

As said though Argos is your best bet.

The extra expense of one is questionable these days, they removed gesture support, and few games use it so all it's really good for is voice commands and skype.

Gestures were ****e and no one used them. Voice is excellant and will only get better with cotrana integration.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Gestures were ****e and no one used them. Voice is excellant and will only get better with cotrana integration.

Speaking of which, Microsofts developer conference, Build, is starting on the 30th, I'd assume that we'll learn a lot more about Cortana integration, along with UWP apps on Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just finished Ori
    What a fantastic game
    Infuriating at times but a beautiful and worthwhile experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

thanks, i am using kinect with some games but mostly kids are playing so will stick with 360 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Not certain but I think Cortana will work with a regular headset mic too.

I agree but for someone who is getting a new xbox I would say the Kinect is very much a luxury now rather than a necessity, especially after all the stuff in the recent dash updates making it easier to get to things with the controller.

Really unless the kids are madly in love with dance central and just dance a kinect isn't worth the money for being able to say it rather than press a button or two imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

sosq wrote:

I'd suggest buying just an Xbox from argos and then getting a kinect from cex

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I bought a Kinect sensor a while back, think it survived about a week before being condemned to eternity in a cupboard. Makes a good, albeit large, paperweight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I bought kinect from cex for £40 just before xmas. Well worth it at that price. Not once used in game but makes the xbox a whole livingroom entertainment unit. "xbox go to Netflix", "xbox go to TV", "xbox go to Skype", "xbox go to titanfall", what's not to love?

The inlaws are over and now after a few days of seeing it, MrsTeal's 60 odd year old dad is seriously considering getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

theteal wrote: »
    The inlaws are over and now after a few days of seeing it, MrsTeal's 60 odd year old dad is seriously considering getting one

I can relate to that. When the son was growing up, he had a Wii, and then a Wii U, but not once have I felt like I would play those, except along with him.

Now that he wanted a XB1 for Christmas, I'm hooked. After fighting it for a couple of months, I finally succumbed to the temptation and bought an XB1 for myself :(

Got the 500Gb one this time (with GTA5 for free, in Argos), and a 2TB hard drive. I will probably trade in the game to CEX and acquire a Kinect. I'm now looking for a steering wheel, as I'm enjoying the heck out of Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Don't you need a Kinect in order to control the tv and sound system using only the xbox controller? (Nevermind using the voice controls).

I only ask as I currently have 3 remote controls on the go... Sky, Sound bar, and Xbox media remote, and would love to connect my sky box through the xbox and use only the xbox media remote to control everything. I haven't done so because I was told the Kinect was needed for this, and plan on buying one soonish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement