Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Faker74 wrote: »
    Don't you need a Kinect in order to control the tv and sound system using only the xbox controller? (Nevermind using the voice controls).

I only ask as I currently have 3 remote controls on the go... Sky, Sound bar, and Xbox media remote, and would love to connect my sky box through the xbox and use only the xbox media remote to control everything. I haven't done so because I was told the Kinect was needed for this, and plan on buying one soonish.

correct,

but i wouldn't bin your other remotes just yet, there will be plenty of features that your xbox wont be able to accomdate - red button etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

correct,

but i wouldn't bin your other remotes just yet, there will be plenty of features that your xbox wont be able to accomdate - red button etc.

Thanks for the clarrification.

When I'm trading a load of games in I'll pick it up in CEX (even 50 euro is a bit much for the gimmickery of it)... Unless one of you "its just a paper wieght" folks want to give yours away! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Faker74 wrote: »
    Thanks for the clarrification.

When I'm trading a load of games in I'll pick it up in CEX (even 50 euro is a bit much for the gimmickery of it)... Unless one of you "its just a paper wieght" folks want to give yours away! :P

I'll get back til ye lol. I've vowed to hook it up again later and give it another rattle! Must educate myself of it's uses first I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Personally I dont see the use in the Kinect, if I want to take a screenshot or record something, I just double take the X button for the option. If I want to go to a game or app, I use the controller.
    The reason I am not fussed about it is because when I first saw the Kinect being announced for the 360 and saw the add with the kid talking to Kinect and scanning in his Skateboard to use in a game, I thought you could do all that.
    I was excited about it and I got one, I assumed that eventually somewhere down the line they would get to that point but it never did :(
    I was offered a Kinect for the One from a friend but turned it down

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Personally I dont see the use in the Kinect, if I want to take a screenshot or record something, I just double take the X button for the option. If I want to go to a game or app, I use the controller.
    The reason I am not fussed about it is because when I first saw the Kinect being announced for the 360 and saw the add with the kid talking to Kinect and scanning in his Skateboard to use in a game, I thought you could do all that.
    I was excited about it and I got one, I assumed that eventually somewhere down the line they would get to that point but it never did :(
    I was offered a Kinect for the One from a friend but turned it down

I wasn't pushed about it initially, but once i used the voice commands to turn on the xbox, sign me in once it saw my face and then navigate to a movie on netflix all without having to move a finger i was sold. "Xbox volume up/down" and "xbox pause/play" are the best things in the world, ever. So much handier than trying to find the damn controller as they always disappear when you need them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

I wasn't pushed about it initially, but once i used the voice commands to turn on the xbox, sign me in once it saw my face and then navigate to a movie on netflix all without having to move a finger i was sold. "Xbox volume up/down" and "xbox pause/play" are the best things in the world, ever. So much handier than trying to find the damn controller as they always disappear when you need them.

My connect won't sign me in just brings up the keyboard thing on screen

tripperman wrote: »
    My connect won't sign me in just brings up the keyboard thing on screen

It cannot sign you in if you have a password required on every log in, you need to enable the make it fast, make it magic option.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Liamalone wrote: »
    I'll get back til ye lol. I've vowed to hook it up again later and give it another rattle! Must educate myself of it's uses first I suppose.

That's on the Internet now Liamalone, so I'll hold you to that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,190 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

My kinect seems to have bricked not turning on at all, ahh well only used it really to scan in codes

*sigh*

We're approaching the year mark to announcement and there's basically zero games from the "Most Wanted" vote.

Not even that, there's basically no decent games at all... South Park is the only game I didn't play, that was announced(F3 is obviously a great game but i have gone through plus its main release point is linked to F4).

Been waiting on Skyrim since the announcement as I never got to finish it on PC.

Disappointing in that they announced partnerships with various studios months ago and are still releasing by and large, low budget rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

My kinect seems to have bricked not turning on at all, ahh well only used it really to scan in codes

I thought mine was a gonner too. Try unplugging it from the console and plugging it back in, that worked for me.

*sigh*

We're approaching the year mark to announcement and there's basically zero games from the "Most Wanted" vote.

Not even that, there's basically no decent games at all... South Park is the only game I didn't play, that was announced(F3 is obviously a great game but i have gone through plus its main release point is linked to F4).

Been waiting on Skyrim since the announcement as I never got to finish it on PC.

Disappointing in that they announced partnerships with various studios months ago and are still releasing by and large, low budget rubbish.

The titles released have nothing to do with MS and everything to do with the studios not allowing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Pre-ordered Quantum Break. First pre-order in over a year. Hope I made the right choice!

• Great news

Anyone play it yesterday? How does it perform emulated?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,190 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I thought mine was a gonner too. Try unplugging it from the console and plugging it back in, that worked for me.

Tried that, I also tried to follow some videos on you tube to no success, ahh well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So, Xbox Build news:

Update coming in July, will allow UWP apps. Will also allow retail Xbox Ones to be used as Dev kits.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Dead Space is now available on Back Compat.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/715206964393984001

They're really ramping up the releases now, seems like the work put into the emulator is becoming easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »

They're really ramping up the releases now, seems like the work put into the emulator is becoming easier.

roll on more ea games going into the vault!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Now to just wait another day & a half until it's free with gold :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Now to just wait another day & a half until it's free with gold :cool:

Don't You have enough games :P

So, Xbox Build news:

Update coming in July, will allow UWP apps. Will also allow retail Xbox Ones to be used as Dev kits.

More Build stuff.

Dev mode is now in preview, it's an app available in the store, download, switch to dev mode and restart.

Normal apps and games won't work in this mode. Easy to switch back and forth though.

Background music and Cortana coming in this update.

Seems like future Xbox games will also be windows games.

With the ability to make Win32 apps into UWP apps, there's a slim possibility that porting games from Windows 10 to Xbox will also occur, which, combined with promised mouse and keyboard support is.... interesting

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Don't You have enough games :P

The 360 games have their own 500gb hdd at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The 360 games have their own 500gb hdd at this stage :pac:

Excellent :D

Did you know our passports are back working? I'll be on the plane to Russia tonight ;)

An Xbox store revamp is coming as well is it?

Badly needed!

More Build stuff.

Dev mode is now in preview, it's an app available in the store, download, switch to dev mode and restart.

Just to add to this:

"I'm part of the Xbox One Preview program. Can I download the Developer Mode Activation App?

If you’re part of the Xbox One Preview program, you’ll need to leave that program before you can join this one. If you decide that you don't want to get Preview updates anymore, you can opt out from the Xbox Preview Dashboard app."

So, Xbox Build news:

July? Yeah right.

All mentioned features
    Released on time

^^ pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I see Borderlands is available as a game with gold, but I cannot purchase it, is it happening anybody else?

July? Yeah right.

All mentioned features
    Released on time

^^ pick one.

In fairness, the NXOE was looking dodgy until about a week before release, and that had most of the promised features on release. I'd hope for something of the same quality.

• Advertisement

In fairness, the NXOE was looking dodgy until about a week before release, and that had most of the promised features on release. I'd hope for something of the same quality.

Nxoe was a mad rush job, with devs and test working literally around the clock. This is fixing up similar, unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement