Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I see Borderlands is available as a game with gold, but I cannot purchase it, is it happening anybody else?

Just 1 French guy on reddit was having the same problem but he fixed it by changing his xbox live account region to France where he's from.

http://support-origin.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-account/change-region

I'll assume your region is already set to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just 1 French guy on reddit was having the same problem but he fixed it by changing his xbox live account region to France where he's from.

http://support-origin.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-account/change-region

I'll assume your region is already set to Ireland?

Yes, my location is set to Ireland. I wonder why I cannot purchase it?
    It just says in the rectangle box 'Show price' rather than the usual box with a price in it. and when I press the box it says Try a different game. Sorry, this one is not available for you to purchase.(0x8c150022)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nxoe was a mad rush job, with devs and test working literally around the clock. This is fixing up similar, unfortunately.

Wait, there's another way to run a project????

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »
    Wait, there's another way to run a project????

:rolleyes:

If there is they are unaware of it :( Just don't count on the announcement being accurate.

Yes, my location is set to Ireland. I wonder why I cannot purchase it?
    It just says in the rectangle box 'Show price' rather than the usual box with a price in it. and when I press the box it says Try a different game. Sorry, this one is not available for you to purchase.(0x8c150022)

Got it working by doing it on PC.

• Advertisement

Got it working by doing it on PC.

Was just about to suggest that after you posted the error code. Glad it's working it's a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Controller support is coming to Windows 10 Mobile

Wonder if this means Xbox streaming to mobile?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Apparently Microsoft are going to join merge the Windows Insider program and the Xbox Preview program, making the Xbox program more like the Windows version, i.e. no invote will be required, fast and slow rings, etc.

Hope this comes to pass, it's a great set up on PC and phone so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,471 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's handy to have 360 BC games in the store now, for when they go free with gold.

I used to have to go to xbox.com and "buy" them each month. That isn't a huge issue of course, but handier to have them all in one place now! :)

Saints Row 4 is now available on Back Compat.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/715569522137309184

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Negative_G

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I recently purchased an Xbox One and got The Division as a digital download. All fine.

I decided to select the power mode to 'Instant On'.

When I turn the console via the controller and I am brought to the 'dashboard' and select The Division, the screen expands and goes black and there is no progress, the game does not start. I turn the console off and on again and it works fine.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Doesn't seem right for an almost brand new console.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Negative_G wrote:
    Can anyone shed any light on this? Doesn't seem right for an almost brand new console.

I assume that the game isn't closed so when you try to resume it won't

Quick workaround is to press start and select quit and then start the game again

Our quit the game before you power off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Negative_G wrote: »
    I'm hoping someone can help with this. I recently purchased an Xbox One and got The Division as a digital download. All fine.

I decided to select the power mode to 'Instant On'.

When I turn the console via the controller and I am brought to the 'dashboard' and select The Division, the screen expands and goes black and there is no progress, the game does not start. I turn the console off and on again and it works fine.

Thanks

That's the game itself. If you play it and turn off the console on the next time you launch it from home it goes to black screen and doesn't load. As mentioned above hit start and select quit and relaunch the game and it will be grand.

That's the game itself. If you play it and turn off the console on the next time you launch it from home it goes to black screen and doesn't load. As mentioned above hit start and select quit and relaunch the game and it will be grand.

Great, thanks for that!

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I assume that the game isn't closed so when you try to resume it won't

Quick workaround is to press start and select quit and then start the game again

Our quit the game before you power off

You are correct. I had been shutting it down while still playing.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

Hi guys,

I have a question about game sharing.

Brother (A) in England recently got an Xbone and we decided that we would game share. I know that if we make each other's xbox our home one, we can do this.

However, I am living with brother (B) and we share the Xbox at home. So my question is, if I game share with brother A, will brother B lose access to EA access and my Gold sub and any other perks?

Thanks guys!

The_N4sir wrote:
    However, I am living with brother (B) and we share the Xbox at home. So my question is, if I game share with brother A, will brother B lose access to EA access and my Gold sub and any other perks?

If it's on the same Xbox you'll be fine. You MIGHT need to sign your profile in each time for him to be able to access your games on his profile however.

What happens with a game for gold game that you already own? I have a disc copy of Sunset Overdrive, will I just click it as usual and then be able to play the game without inserting the disc. Also hopefully the xbox will scan my hard drive and notice I already have the game so I will not have to download any large files.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

What happens with a game for gold game that you already own? I have a disc copy of Sunset Overdrive, will I just click it as usual and then be able to play the game without inserting the disc. Also hopefully the xbox will scan my hard drive and notice I already have the game so I will not have to download any large files.

That's exactly what will happen. Once you get the game digitally you can just launch it without needing to put the disc in.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You still need to go and purchase the game in the store. Shouldn't need to download anything as far as I know though.

• Advertisement

Got sick of the constant need to juggle all my games, I've just bought a 2TB hard drive for my Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Got sick of the constant need to juggle all my games, I've just bought a 2TB hard drive for my Xbox.

Best investment you'll make. Still have 1tb left in mine with about with about 30 games installed.

I switched my 2TB on the xbox with the 1TB on my Openelec media center, 2TB just encouraged me to not delete games I'd never play again after I got all the achievements :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Nebaw

I need to cop on and get one aswell, I'm getting sick of feeling like a game of something i havent played in a while to find out its in my "ready to install".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nebaw wrote: »
    I need to cop on and get one aswell, I'm getting sick of feeling like a game of something i havent played in a while to find out its in my "ready to install".

Western Digital are giving 20% off all products at the moment, using code WDSPRING16 - http://store.wdc.com/store/wdeu/DisplayHomePage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

M!Ck^ wrote:
    This just happened to me, media player issues

Strange issue.

Unrelated but tonight I wasn't getting any sound through my astros went messing around and discovered that the optical audio settings had defaulted to Dts instead of dolby

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Nebaw

Allyall wrote: »
    Western Digital are giving 20% off all products at the moment, using code WDSPRING16 -

Cheers, I need to pick up two so any savings are a bonus.

• Advertisement

Gears of War 4 is out October 11th with an open beta coming the end of this Month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement