Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Uggh, GameStop were advertising it for July. Was looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Uggh, GameStop were advertising it for July. Was looking forward to it.

don't mind gamestop, my local has boxes for titanfall 2 and crackdown 3 on shelves and taking pre-orders. :eek:

neither game has a release date yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Outland and Gunstar Heroes are now available on Xbox One Backward Compatibility

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/717743713250852865

Was never able to beat the final boss in outland , I feel a round 2 is due, where it's been so long since I played it that I get even more destroyed than I originally did :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Was never able to beat the final boss in outland , I feel a round 2 is due, where it's been so long since I played it that I get even more destroyed than I originally did

Still stuck on that falling platform boss lady, great wee game!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

My new hard drive should be arriving today, which is excellent timing with quantum beak to download.

In other news, I've been trying to teach my daughter "Dada" and "Mama", but she's got zero interest at all. However, when I say "Xbox On", no matter where she is, she'll turn to look at the TV.

Perhaps I've been playing too much recently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

CatInABox wrote: »
    My new hard drive should be arriving today, which is excellent timing with quantum beak to download.

In other news, I've been trying to teach my daughter "Dada" and "Mama", but she's got zero interest at all. However, when I say "Xbox On", no matter where she is, she'll turn to look at the TV.

same thing with me and twins. shouting at TV "Xbox On" coz we all know it never works on the 1st go. they run in now and try it on by shouting at it. :rolleyes:

Mine shouts Pig or Dora at our TV , because she knows thats where they live or or gets freaked out and runs to get mammy when I'm talking on party chat because she can't see who I'm talking to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is Call of Juarez: Gunslinger worth the €15 or can I get it for cheaper else where. I am pricing it off the xbox.com site. Reason I am reluctant to purchase it is it is a arcade game so might not be as good as a fully fledged game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I'm starting to lose interest in gaming :( tbh I only turn on my xbox maybe two days a week.

One my friends is looking for a portable hd so I'm considering giving him mine. So my question is , if I start uninstalling digital games will they all go into my ready to install list and they won't be taking up any space ?

I'm hoping they do stay in the list so I won't forget which games I actually own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I'm starting to lose interest in gaming :( tbh I only turn on my xbox maybe two days a week.

One my friends is looking for a portable hd so I'm considering giving him mine. So my question is , if I start uninstalling digital games will they all go into my ready to install list and they won't be taking up any space ?

I'm hoping they do stay in the list so I won't forget which games I actually own

Yes, they'll go into your ready to install list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yes, they'll go into your ready to install list :)

Cheers.

Wonder how many games il have to uninstal so my standard hd won't be full haha

I noticed too that the 360 gwg are appearing on the xbox one now. Delighted with that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is Call of Juarez: Gunslinger worth the €15 or can I get it for cheaper else where. I am pricing it off the xbox.com site. Reason I am reluctant to purchase it is it is a arcade game so might not be as good as a fully fledged game.

Its a great game, bit pricey at €15 but if you really want it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just out of curiosity, when a "Limited Edition" bundle/game is released, does anyone know how many they are actually limited to?
    I suppose everything could be technically described as 'limited'. When I look up any limited editions, they seem to be available everywhere, and thousands of them. Just got me wondering..

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Allyall wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, when a "Limited Edition" bundle/game is released, does anyone know how many they are actually limited to?
    I suppose everything could be technically described as 'limited'. When I look up any limited editions, they seem to be available everywhere, and thousands of them. Just got me wondering..

I don't have the answer but it is something I've often wondered with Limited and Collectors edition. Just because it has fancy words in it's name it gains a certain amount of 'prestige', but eg original Star Wars toys from 70s/80s are collectors items, not because they were named such but they became collectors items. When I see people selling collectors editions of games, it is they, inadvertently, who are the collectors. With emulators/backward compatibility I can't see how there is genuine collectors out there, and if there are they can pick them easily up by pre-ordering.

You said it when everything could be technically described as limited...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

My friend tols me that you can stream your xbox to any windows 10 laptop/tablet, is this true and do they work well, I remeber seeing a couple things about a linx tablet a while ago here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Rorok wrote: »
    My friend tols me that you can stream your xbox to any windows 10 laptop/tablet, is this true and do they work well, I remeber seeing a couple things about a linx tablet a while ago here

yup. been playing on my laptop this morning. very handy for when the kids using the tv.one of the best features of the One IMHO

mossym wrote: »
    yup. been playing on my laptop this morning. very handy for when the kids using the tv.one of the best features of the One IMHO

What laptop do you use

it's a dell inspiron, few years old, came with windows 8, got the free upgrade to 10 and the xbox streaming works flawlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I got the Linx tablet with the xbox controller thing as did 2 others on here that I know of, love mine, works fantastically

• Advertisement

I got the Linx tablet with the xbox controller thing as did 2 others on here that I know of, love mine, works fantastically

With the controller its about another £60 extra on amazon, do you know if it's possible to get them separately

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

it's a dell inspiron, few years old, came with windows 8, got the free upgrade to 10 and the xbox streaming works flawlessly.

It streams perfect for me until I get to the actual game, then it's pretty much unplayable due to lag/frame rate drops. I've had more luck with some games than others though.

I was about to buy the Linx until I read somewhere about the 10" Chuwi tablets. So I'm in limbo. The Linx claim to have better software specifically for this, so I'd prefer to be able to try both, and that's not going to happen.
    The linx also has the controls, could buy one for the chuwi but may not be as nice.

Allyall wrote: »
    I was about to buy the Linx until I read somewhere about the 10" Chuwi tablets. So I'm in limbo. The Linx claim to have better software specifically for this, so I'd prefer to be able to try both, and that's not going to happen.
    The linx also has the controls, could buy one for the chuwi but may not be as nice.

You can just connect up your Xbox One controller directly as well, save spending money on an extra controller.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It streams perfect for me until I get to the actual game, then it's pretty much unplayable due to lag/frame rate drops. I've had more luck with some games than others though.

Just finished playing 2 hours of the division streaming over wireless, rock solid. Even online in the dark zone was fine.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just finished playing 2 hours of the division streaming over wireless, rock solid. Even online in the dark zone was fine.

Do you have a decent router? I have a bog standard eircom one and our internet is only 16mb, would that effect it much? I was playing ELite:Dangerous for the last hour and it was fine bar a couple of times where it lost connection to the console completely, tried a match of Halo there earlier though and it was awful, people were killing me before they fired on my screen and everything, felt like I was a fraction of a second behind with the controls too.. Would have ended up with no kills if I hadn't managed to kamikaze someone in a banshee :D

Do you have a decent router? I have a bog standard eircom one and our internet is only 16mb, would that effect it much? I was playing ELite:Dangerous for the last hour and it was fine bar a couple of times where it lost connection to the console completely, tried a match of Halo there earlier though and it was awful, people were killing me before they fired on my screen and everything, felt like I was a fraction of a second behind with the controls too.. Would have ended up with no kills if I hadn't managed to kamikaze someone in a banshee :D

I've found that, without fail, the router provided by any ISP is barely functional. Either the software that they've customised is terrible, or the hardware itself is just not good enough.

I've found that, without fail, the router provided by any ISP is barely functional. Either the software that they've customised is terrible, or the hardware itself is just not good enough.

Would it make a big difference for streaming from different devices and the like if I got a better one?

Would it make a big difference for streaming from different devices and the like if I got a better one?

It can do, yes. As I said, I usually run my own router along side the ISP provided, as I find it helps massively with torrents, stability and the like.

However, I can't guarantee it'll work though, not without knowing your set up, i.e., where your router is, how many walls are between your router and the device, etc.

If you can stream reliably while both your Xbox and your device are right next to the router, then it's probably just range that's letting you down, in which case you could get HomePlug WiFi extenders to get more coverage.

• Advertisement

These are excellent.
    Xiaomi Mini Router, Xiaomi Youth Router and the Xiaomi Wifi Repeater
    You won't get better for the money, I'd go for the Mini, as it has 2.4G/5G and would be more future proof. You may find them cheaper elsewhere or faster shipping, but definitely something you should look at.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement