Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I have to say guys, I've been really enjoying this console since i got it, love the OS and kinect, only waiting like the rest of you for the update to let us use english for the kinect and keep our location as Ireland. Decided I will get quite a few multiplayer games on this as a opposed to my other next gen console due to cousins and friends having the system, as after looking at both machines in action on my 1080p 46inch tv I can't see what the fuss is about between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Moved posts concerning Titanfall update/game playing to the What are you playing thread. That thread will suffice for all discussion regards current games you're playing, any questions about said games, problem with said games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

beercr8te wrote: »
    only waiting like the rest of you for the update to let us use english for the kinect and keep our location as Ireland.

Should be out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Does anyone know where I can find the cheapest xbox ones (preferably with kinect)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find the cheapest xbox ones (preferably with kinect)

This is still a bargain:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1989522/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+ONE.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

It seems my chat adapter has given in.Piece of Sh!t hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Mine too, the 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter is incredibly flimsy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

It seems my chat adapter has given in.Piece of Sh!t hardware.
    you stuck for one now baitin?

I've moved recent posts about regional digital marketplace purchasing to their own dedicated thread. The thread is getting too general, & there are topics coming up here that could be handled better in their own threads. New thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057241681

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

you stuck for one now baitin?

Na sure, in my attempts to get it working last night didn't I force it into the controller and pushed in the USB receiver.Now it won't stay on at all so the controller is pretty much useless if I want to use it for headset chat.So the controller and the adapter are pretty much shagged.The kinect chat will do for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Na sure, in my attempts to get it working last night didn't I force it into the controller and pushed in the USB receiver.Now it won't stay on at all so the controller is pretty much useless if I want to use it for headset chat.So the controller and the adapter are pretty much shagged.The kinect chat will do for the time being.

Disaster,
    dunno if its any use to you but the titanfall xbox one controller was on sale in my local xtravision recently, I think it was 45 notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

if you are stuck for chat headset let me know ill send mine down to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Sunset Overdrive is turning into a game that looks like serious fun!

http://news.xbox.com/2014/07/games-new-chaos-squad-footage

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

HMV galway offing 100 euro off xbox one while stocks last july 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone add external harddrive to their Xbox one? I picked up a 2tb toshiba and moved all my games over, I found no issue with the likes of Titanfall forza wolfenstien, the only game I had an issue with is powerstar golf the issue is that when your going to struck the ball there is like a glitch, best way to describe it is like dropped frames in the animation, I transferred the game back to the internal and all ok again. I think possibly the 8mb buffer cache on the external isn't big enough a 16 or 32mb might be better!
    Just wondering if anyone else seen any issues with the external drive option?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

To anyone interested in getting titanfall on Xbox one, it's 33% off on sale this week. U.S. marketplace makes it very cheap indeed

What about the map packs any deal on the us store on that?

What about the map packs any deal on the us store on that?

Not in the sale as such. The season pass is cheap anyway, 30 euro as opposed to 45 for the likes of cod. There's only 3 packs though, so much of a muchness really

Guys & Gals, everything is getting crammed into this thread, from game sales, to console bargains, to preview dashboard chat, to games discussion. I'm going to start separating things into their own threads, because it's too messy to try & ask people to keep up with everything in one thread. This thread is fine for general things, but sometimes it's a bit too general :o

I've moved a load of posts from the last two pages into their own threads:

Xbox Bargain Alerts
    Dashboard Discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Any way to mute people quickly? Particularly annoying if they are using chat through kinect.

Last thing I want to hear is some ****ing neckbeard's heavy breathing down the mic, or how much of a lucky **** I am to be 6-1 up after 37mins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Just heard the XB1 exclusive Garth Brooks : Just Dance has been cancelled because of objections. Disgusting stuff I say :):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

miju wrote: »
    Just heard the XB1 exclusive Garth Brooks : Just Dance has been cancelled because of objections. Disgusting stuff I say :):):):)

/Kicks my stetson :(

Anyone try attaching an external drive yet, I was thinking of getting one and stumbled across this
    http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/07/08/psa-increase-your-xbox-one-storage-space-and-decrease-your-load-times-with-western-digital-external-hdd
    I'm skeptical that that kind of gain can be made, but I'd be interested to see what others have experienced. if its a thing, it might be worth considering, especially if SSDs come down in price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone try attaching an external drive yet, I was thinking of getting one and stumbled across this
    http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/07/08/psa-increase-your-xbox-one-storage-space-and-decrease-your-load-times-with-western-digital-external-hdd
    I'm skeptical that that kind of gain can be made, but I'd be interested to see what others have experienced. if its a thing, it might be worth considering a SSD,

Well I definitely heard that most games run faster from the external HDD but if it's that much faster I don't know. It was definitely a considerable amount quicker. SSD's are too expensive to be using them for Xbox at this stage unfortunately! :P

Anyone know if you have to use the entire disk for Xbox storage or can you just use half a 3TB for example?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm skeptical that that kind of gain can be made, but I'd be interested to see what others have experienced. if its a thing, it might be worth considering, especially if SSDs come down in price

i wonder? I felt a bit like i was reading a sales pitch but maybe I'm being overly skeptical.

i wonder? I felt a bit like i was reading a sales pitch but maybe I'm being overly skeptical.

yeah, thats what i felt too, further digging on reddit has turned up this:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/26iacc/external_hdd_for_xbox_one_improves_load_times/

but its devolved to the the usual back and forth with no consensus reached.

I need to get one anyway so I might do a few tests and see

I would like to see some solid tests run with industry recognised benchmarking tools. I'd also like them to test it on watch_dogs as that has one of the longest load times I've come across from pressing start/continue to gaining control due to the size of the world it loads.

There's several factors that can affect speeds, basic read write, 5400 vs 7200 vs SSD, I vaguely remember (open to correction) reading the One needs to use a 5400rpm drive? Or was that a minimum requirement

Load times are a minor thing , i'd like to see tests done during actual game play for any performance related issues like slow down or stutter.

calex71 wrote: »

Load times are a minor thing , i'd like to see tests done during actual game play for any performance related issues like slow down or stutter.

I dunno, I'd much rather they be minimised as much as possible, for example titanfall, if you turn on your xbox, and get an invite to a game, by the time the game has loaded up, connected you to your party and put you into your lobby, its often the case that the virtual server has timed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I haven't timed the differences but I have added an external 2TB USB3.0 Toshiba drive I had and i have found performance good.

• Advertisement

I dunno, I'd much rather they be minimised as much as possible, for example titanfall, if you turn on your xbox, and get an invite to a game, by the time the game has loaded up, connected you to your party and put you into your lobby, its often the case that the virtual server has timed out.

Can't think of any games I've played MP on for the One , didn't bother with titan fall so I was referring to purely single player based games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement