Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

Have a code for the original Dark Souls game on Xbox if someone would like it ? It's backwards compatible so you won't need a 360 to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have a code for the original Dark Souls game on Xbox if someone would like it ? It's backwards compatible so you won't need a 360 to use it.

I'd love that if possible?

Could give you a 360 code for GOW1 if I can find it.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd love that if possible?

Could give you a 360 code for GOW1 if I can find it.

Drop you a PM in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Movies and TV is a horrendous price. Groove is good. The Xbox supports dlna so I just stream movies to it directly myself.

I thought €4.99 to rent a movie was ok (in line with iTunes etc.). Is that considered stupidly expensive for renting? To use something like Plex, I'd have to pirate d/load movies correct?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The absolute blockbuster games Garou MOTW, Sonic the Fighters & Duke Nukem Manhatten Project are now available on Back Compat. Rejoice everyone!

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/719918092944556033

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I thought €4.99 to rent a movie was ok (in line with iTunes etc.). Is that considered stupidly expensive for renting? To use something like Plex, I'd have to pirate d/load movies correct?

No, it's about right. Still pretty expensive if you ask me, seeing as most HD versions are about 15 to buy.

For Plex, you have to provide the files yourself, so either pirate content (acquisition of which can't be discussed here), or your own ripped DVDs and Blurays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I'm heading to a mates house this weekend who also has an Xbox 1 for a games night. I have most of my games saved on an external HD. If I want to play them at his house is it just a matter of plugging the HD into his console and logging in using my details? Or will a bunch of stuff have to be downloaded before each game is launched?
    I'm assuming it is just a case of plug in and play. At least I hope it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Yeah just plug in the HDD and login with your xbox details.
    I do this with my friend whenever I go down to him, we eventually decided to game share so that we dont have to bring our HDD everytime we go over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

I assume gameshare only works with digital purchases?

I.e. if i have a game on disc, this can not be played on a second xbox one I am game sharing with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

That is correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Not sure if it's the right place for this, but here's a problem I have right now.

While game sharing is amazing, there's a problem with DLC. True, it's good to be able to share the DLC as well, but there's free DLC out there that, when "bought", gives free stuff to the player. For example, Forza Horizon 2 has a lot of free cars. However, once I bought this content on my XBox, it automatically downloaded to my son's XBox (which is my "home" XBox). Hence, he can no longer "buy" the free stuff.

The impact is that he does not get the free stuff that you get after buying the content. To make matters worse, I purchased the "all DLC in one big package" on my account, which means all DLC got downloaded to his box, and now he's jealous of my VIP icon. Even if I'd want to spent €10 or whatever that thing costs on his account, I don't see how to turn it to be purchasable on his account. Uninstalling doesn't help, the icon turns from "Installed" to "Install". Furthermore, since his account is a child account, I cannot make the purchase on xbox.com for him.

If I was to move my "Home xbox" tag from his to mine, he would be able to purchase the stuff on his xbox. But could he continue to play the game? Would anything be lost if I removed the home xbox designation temporarily while he makes the purchase?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

JoyPad wrote: »
    Not sure if it's the right place for this, but here's a problem I have right now.

While game sharing is amazing, there's a problem with DLC. True, it's good to be able to share the DLC as well, but there's free DLC out there that, when "bought", gives free stuff to the player. For example, Forza Horizon 2 has a lot of free cars. However, once I bought this content on my XBox, it automatically downloaded to my son's XBox (which is my "home" XBox). Hence, he can no longer "buy" the free stuff.

The impact is that he does not get the free stuff that you get after buying the content. To make matters worse, I purchased the "all DLC in one big package" on my account, which means all DLC got downloaded to his box, and now he's jealous of my VIP icon. Even if I'd want to spent €10 or whatever that thing costs on his account, I don't see how to turn it to be purchasable on his account. Uninstalling doesn't help, the icon turns from "Installed" to "Install". Furthermore, since his account is a child account, I cannot make the purchase on xbox.com for him.

If I was to move my "Home xbox" tag from his to mine, he would be able to purchase the stuff on his xbox. But could he continue to play the game? Would anything be lost if I removed the home xbox designation temporarily while he makes the purchase?

Thanks.

Just log him in on your xbox, make sure you are signed out and then he can buy the free dlc.

If you remove "home" he cant play the game unless you are signed in with him.

In future it would be easier for him if he bought the content first, then you can buy it on xbox.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

GameStop have limited stock of the elite controller for a hefty €160.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

GameStop have limited stock of the elite controller for a hefty €160.

The stock problem isn't quite what it used to be. Most Argos stores seem to have them in stock and for 149.99

Monaco & DOOM 3 BFG Edition are now available on Xbox One Backward Compatibility

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/720642946228490245

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The stock problem isn't quite what it used to be. Most Argos stores seem to have them in stock and for 149.99

Still too steep for me granted I've never used one... If I ever get the opportunity my opinion could quickly change :P

• CatInABox wrote: »
    Monaco & DOOM 3 BFG Edition are now available on Xbox One Backward Compatibility

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/720642946228490245

Doom 3 sweet

Still too steep for me granted I've never used one... If I ever get the opportunity my opinion could quickly change :P

Dave stop been a tight arse :D

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Dave stop been a tight arse :D

Maybe he's saving so he can be DaveHasCheese :p

/I'll get my coat and see myself out

I bought Quantum Break from CD Keys awhile back, and just got the keys for Alan Wake, American Nightmare, and a copy of the Windows 10 key.

The Windows 10 key was a nice surprise.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    The Windows 10 key was a nice surprise.

I'll take it, if you insist. Cheers :rolleyes:

Maybe he's saving so he can be DaveHasCheese :p

/I'll get my coat and see myself out

No he's LactoseIntolerantDave :P

I'll take it, if you insist. Cheers :rolleyes:

Ah, gone already, sorry!

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ah, gone already, sorry!

I was jk but thanks anyway :)

Got a windows key too , whats the going rate for them I wonder. No way I;d play htrough QB again.

Got a windows key too , whats the going rate for them I wonder. No way I;d play htrough QB again.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_quantum+break/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I think I'll buy some spark plugs!

Jordan 191 wrote:
    I think I'll buy some spark plugs!

Damn paid product placements.

Some cheeky ones there, ah look if someone can make use of mine I'll let it go cheap enough. I'll never use it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Moved GoW4 posts to the Gears thread, may as well keep chat about it in one place :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement