Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

That_Guy wrote: »
    I was looking at that offer from Argos alright. It's probably the best priced. That being said, for an extra €40 I'm likely to go for the top offer from Smyths.
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/xboxonebundledeals/

€369.99

500 GB Xbox One + Extra Controller + 3 months Xbox Live + choice of downloadable game (Tomb Raider, Forza 6, GoW Ultimate Edition or Rare Replay)

Deal available until June anyway and it looks to be the most competitively priced bundle from what I can gather.

The extra controller and the 3 months of live are really pushing me towards this deal.

Yeah I was in Smyths the other day and meant to post that they were doing a deal with an extra controller. Definitely the best deal around at the moment.

Edit: The Argos deal is good but those games can be picked up online very cheap through cdkeys.com. Dance Central is €6.33, Zoo Tycoon €9.86 and Kinect Sports is €12.67

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was looking at that offer from Argos alright. It's probably the best priced. That being said, for an extra €40 I'm likely to go for the top offer from Smyths.
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/xboxonebundledeals/

€369.99

500 GB Xbox One + Extra Controller + 3 months Xbox Live + choice of downloadable game (Tomb Raider, Forza 6, GoW Ultimate Edition or Rare Replay)

Deal available until June anyway and it looks to be the most competitively priced bundle from what I can gather.

The extra controller and the 3 months of live are really pushing me towards this deal.

Spotted this on the BA Forum. Might suit you

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msde/de_DE/pdp/Xbox-One-1-TB-Forza-Motorsport-6-Limited-Edition/productID.320135500?tduid=(4b3cc7c0b7d0a8c4dfd4f39ad629a67f)(198980)(1636705)(skim61111X1383796Xf70322621aa9ce4c883cdf0bded4489b)()

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Is there a €1 for 1 month offer on anybody's dashboard in Ireland, like the uk offer: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/1-for-1-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-com-2436171

My gold expired yesterday and its not on mine.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FFS, getting kicked from games every minutes again just like last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mickeroo wrote: »

It's a nice sunny day, go out and experience realistic graphics :P

• Advertisement

Again ???? 3 days in a row now. Think we were lucky we didn't get booted during the Nameless King fight last night, I was being kicked every few minutes not long after that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's a nice sunny day, go out and experience realistic graphics :P

I went downstairs and watched game of thrones instead :P
    Again ???? 3 days in a row now. Think we were lucky we didn't get booted during the Nameless King fight last night, I was being kicked every few minutes not long after that.

Yeah I was the same, had to pack it in after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Is this where an XBOX game just random decides to close itself and return to the dashboard for no reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Is this where an XBOX game just random decides to close itself and return to the dashboard for no reason?

Yep. Getting kicked out of parties as well

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Well i'm glad it wasn't just me, but that does seem like a bit of a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Whats going on with Xbox live? I couldn't even sign in last night

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

was playing divsion for 2 to 3 hours last night, same night before, no issues with live either night.

now that i've jinxed myself i guess i'll be able to catch up on tv tonight

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Altered Beast, Comix Zone and The Cave are now available on Xbox One Backward Compatibility

Also, Double Dragon Neon & Ghostbusters: SoS are now available on Xbox One Back Compat

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/724991469602377729

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/724991637588463621

I'll also sneakily move that mispost into the right thread.....:P

On the American dashboard, there's an ad to watch the new episode of Game of Thrones for free. I clicked on it for the craic just to see if it really was "free". Was expecting having to sign up to a free trial of HBO now or something but nope, straight into the episode after an intro from Maisie Williams aka Arya Stark.

Wasn't planning on watching the new season until I could bing them near all at once but here I am watching it now, oh well, cheers Xbox & HBO :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

On the American dashboard, there's an ad to watch the new episode of Game of Thrones for free. I clicked on it for the craic just to see if it really was "free". Was expecting having to sign up to a free trial of HBO now or something but nope, straight into the episode after an intro from Maisie Williams aka Arya Stark.

Wasn't planning on watching the new season until I could bing them near all at once but here I am watching it now, oh well, cheers Xbox & HBO :cool:

UK region has the all 4 app which gives you a mountain of box sets also. Swap to UK, swap back to Ireland to watch everything no prob as we are legally allowed to watch channel 4 content here

UK region has the all 4 app which gives you a mountain of box sets also. Swap to UK, swap back to Ireland to watch everything no prob as we are legally allowed to watch channel 4 content here

Yeah I use the 4oD app a bit. No need to switch regions once you have it installed tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yeah I use the 4oD app a bit. No need to switch regions once you have it installed tho :)

Yeah, just meant you have to swap to UK to get it first, then you can stay on Ireland no prob. All of the IT Crowd is on it, great series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Whats the shadow complex remake like on the xbox one ?. Is it worth 9 euros from Russia ?.

Free 10 hour trial of Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 for all until May 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

It's really disappointing the way BC games are trickling through. When the announcement was first made I think we all thought it would be better than this. I'd say a lot of Xbox Ones were sold on the back of this under the assumption that they'd be able to play any 360 game on their shiny new Xbox One. Not everyone follows forums like this and checks the ins and outs of what's going on so I'd say there's been many disappointed new Xbox One owners

• Advertisement

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    It's really disappointing the way BC games are trickling through. When the announcement was first made I think we all thought it would be better than this. I'd say a lot of Xbox Ones were sold on the back of this under the assumption that they'd be able to play any 360 game on their shiny new Xbox One. Not everyone follows forums like this and checks the ins and outs of what's going on so I'd say there's been many disappointed new Xbox One owners

Personally I wouldn't buy an Xbox one to play 360 games on, I buy the One to play One games on it.

The fact you can play 360 games on the One is a nice bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Anybody else having issues with apps crashing? It's only very recently started happening but it feels like a memory issue. I used to be able to quickly swap from TV to a game to Netflix etc without issue. Now Netflix crashes out before sign in. I have to go back to Home and quit any running TV or game apps before then getting Netflix to run properly. It's happening with games too, they fail to load, black error screen and then crash back to Home. I've done a hard reset which did help for a day but it's happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Are you using an external drive? Happens to me the odd time that the drive hasn't connected after powering up in instant-on mode. Games/app crash on launch, just have to unplug/plug in the drive's USB connection again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I do. It's definitely seeing the drive though as when I was playing with settings it allowed me to move the Netflix app to it. That change made no difference though. I'll disconnect the drive for a while as a test. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cheers to anyone who gave me advice on buying an Xbox One. Much appreciated.

I was humming and hawing over which bundle deal I should get. I was adamant I was going to go for a Smyths bundle I found but I did a bit of scoping around and decided I'd plunge for this deal from Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4830434/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CXbox+One%7C37328270/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328270%7CXbox+One+consoles%7C37328802.htm

I forgot I had €25 left on a gift voucher for Blanch so I only had to pay €285 for it.

Decided then to go on to thegamecollection.co.uk (one of my favourite sites to buy from) and picked up Sunset Overdrive and The Master Chief Collection for €33.

Grand total of €317.99

Pretty happy with it. Though, I've asked my dad to hide it in his office until I'm done my exams. Teasing myself now.

:pac:

• That_Guy wrote: »

I was humming and hawing over which bundle deal I should get. I was adamant I was going to go for a Smyths bundle I found but I did a bit of scoping around and decided I'd plunge for this deal from Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4830434/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CXbox+One%7C37328270/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328270%7CXbox+One+consoles%7C37328802.htm

I forgot I had €25 left on a gift voucher for Blanch so I only had to pay €285 for it.

Decided then to go on to thegamecollection.co.uk (one of my favourite sites to buy from) and picked up Sunset Overdrive and The Master Chief Collection for €33.

Grand total of €317.99

Pretty happy with it. Though, I've asked my dad to hide it in his office until I'm done my exams. Teasing myself now.

Enjoy the new purchase dude! Not a bad deal overal. Master Chief will keep you busy for ages

Grand total of €317.99

Sunset Overdrive was free with games with Gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Sunset Overdrive was free with games with Gold :D

Tried to get it on the MS Store online but kept getting an error message. It was £6.95 new on thegamecollection so it wasn't too bad at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Frogger and Galaga Legions DX are now available on Xbox One Backward Compatibility

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/725716350526697472

Man, they're really spoiling us with the quality of these BC games these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

CatInABox wrote: »
    Frogger and Galaga Legions DX are now available on Xbox One Backward Compatibility

Man, they're really spoiling us with the quality of these BC games these days.
    Woot. I can put away my Atari 2600 now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement