Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

CatInABox wrote: »
    Frogger and Galaga Legions DX are now available on Xbox One Backward Compatibility

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/725716350526697472

Man, they're really spoiling us with the quality of these BC games these days.

No wonder his Twitter pic is of the back of his head, can't keep a straight face :)

Seriously though, really disappointed with BC. Very few good games so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Gizmo55 wrote:
    Seriously though, really disappointed with BC. Very few good games so far.

?? Frogger FTW

Frogger and Galaga Legions DX are now available on Xbox One Backward Compatibility

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/725716350526697472

Man, they're really spoiling us with the quality of these BC games these days.

Unless its on GwG it's generally something very few want.

We're nearly a year in and despite the list of partners coming out about 8 months ago, which Bethesda was on, nothing bar Fallout 3(only included as a perk for purchase) has came since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think E3 will see a lot of BC announcements we weren't expecting

Have a look at these ODST and SSX pre-orders on Amazon

bMtzJbc.png

June release dates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Really sucks can't buy BC 360 games on the xbone using microsoft credit. Have loads of credit and no xbone games wanna buy but a few 360 games I do FeelsBadMan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Joshua J wrote: »
    Really sucks can't buy BC 360 games on the xbone using microsoft credit. Have loads of credit and no xbone games wanna buy but a few 360 games I do FeelsBadMan

Could you log in on a 360 and do it?

Could you log in on a 360 and do it?
    Don't own one :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, pretty daft you can't use credit on the website either, ridiculous really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty daft you can't use credit on the website either, ridiculous really.

I thought you could use credit?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I thought you could use credit?
    You can use it for xbox one games but not 360 bc games sadly.

• Advertisement

Seems the ID@Xbox games are finally getting a push this month

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Force Unleashed I&2 both gone BC: http://www.trueachievements.com/n23594/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-1-and-2-now-backwards-compatible.htm

Only ever played the first one but it was pretty enjoyable from what I remember.

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Force Unleashed I&2 both gone BC: http://www.trueachievements.com/n23594/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-1-and-2-now-backwards-compatible.htm

Only ever played the first one but it was pretty enjoyable from what I remember.

To what extent? Doom 3 was added but you need the disk for arguments sake. Are they available on store?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    To what extent? Doom 3 was added but you need the disk for arguments sake. Are they available on store?

Only reason you need the disk for Doom is it was never released digitally I think, so since they're on xbox.com to buy digitally you shouldn't need the disk. They're both on sale at the moment too for 4.99 and 7.49 if you have gold.

Are there issues with live again ?

Edit: Nevermind I'd just enabled 2 step authentication on my accounts and had to sign out and back in while the xbox was on and approve the access in the app. I recommend everyone do this in light of the email hacks yesterday if not doing so already.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Are there issues with live again ?

Edit: Nevermind I'd just enabled 2 step authentication on my accounts and had to sign out and back in while the xbox was on and approve the access in the app. I recommend everyone do this in light of the email hacks yesterday if not doing so already.

This is a great suggestion. I'd second this, and go so far as to recommend the Microsoft account app on android (not sure about iOS). Instead of having to enter a code, you just have to click a button in an app.

This is a great suggestion. I'd second this, and go so far as to recommend the Microsoft account app on android (not sure about iOS). Instead of having to enter a code, you just have to click a button in an app.

It's actually a really good system they have with the app and the app passwords, hell my online banking doesn't feel as secure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Microsoft are releasing a bunch of dead gamer tags on Wednesday, ones that haven't been used since the Xbox era.

See here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Microsoft are releasing a bunch of dead gamer tags on Wednesday, ones that haven't been used since the Xbox era.

See here.

Were? Might be able to get my first tag back.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

deco nate wrote: »

See here.

Here you go...
    https://majornelson.com/2016/05/16/recycled-xbox-gamertags-releasing-may-18th/

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »

See here.

Cough. I've updated the post. I'm blaming the new site, and not just being forgetful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

See here.

How is this gonna work? Just try to change our tags and see?

Is there no list?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Is there no list?

Nah no list. Just try change your tags and see yep. It will tell you if it's available or not before you finalize it of course.

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Is there no list?

lol doubt it, they are releasing over 1,000,000 tags , there are sites you can use to check if tags have been taken. http://checkgamertag.com

I'm going to change mine if it's available.

Worth pointing out it will be free if you have never changed it other with it will cost you.

lol doubt it, they are releasing over 1,000,000 tags , there are sites you can use to check if tags have been taken. http://checkgamertag.com

I'm going to change mine if it's available.

Worth pointing out it will be free if you have never changed it other with it will cost you.

It's only free if you have a randomly generated tag I thought, I tried to change mine one day and it wanted to charge me a tenner.

It's only free if you have a randomly generated tag I thought, I tried to change mine one day and it wanted to charge me a tenner.

Hmmm maybe, but the article linked above said as much and last 2 time I checked to see if the one I wanted was free or not it wasn't looking to charge. Was that change checked on One or 360? I checked on the One.

Just tried change mine to see if it charged me. It did. But "DustinTheTurkey" is free if there's any takers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Don't think I'd change mine, made it back on the original Xbox and I've just become too attached to it.

It's about time they released more tags tbh. I made an xbox account online before I got my first xbox. Then when I actually got an xbox (2006) I had lost access to the account I had created previously. (old email, no longer accessible etc.) Still to this day my original gamertag (Misky) isn't available: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/profile?gamerTag=misky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have the option to change for free, so not sure that's the reason.

Will be trying to change later today, annoys me not having the same XBL/PSN tag - had mawksee on an old old account, hopefully it frees up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement